Threaded View

ROG Member Array

Correct BIOS NVME M.2 Settings and other oddities

First question is like the title says. I bought a Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW) and I would like to know exactly what settings in the bios do I need to enable to achieve full speeds while in windows.

Second question is every other reboot or so windows takes forever to boot. All hard drives pass SMART. Changed all Sata cables. Reformatted and installed NVME drive with UEFI windows 10 by disabling CSM before hand. When I go into device manager then IDE/ ATA/ ATAPI it shows 2 Standard SATA AHCI Controllers. First one is PCI bus 3 function 1 the other is PCI bus 43. Both have the same driver version 10.0.15063.332 dated 6/21/2006.

Third question when I get these long reboots both my keyboard and mouse start to lag. Ill move the mouse the it will move like 5 seconds later. Same with the keyboard ill start typing and then it will type a few seconds later. Using a wireless keyboard and mouse btw. If I use a wired mouse keyboard all is fine. I've tried all the usb ports on the case and motherboard same situation for the wireless keyboard and mouse, no fix. If I plug the wireless keyboard and mouse to my laptop and can sit all the way back on my couch the signal reaches just fine even if ppl walk by I have zero lag but on this motherboard I have all the lag in the world. I believe is related to the NVME drive or my hard driveS.

Fourth and final question MemTest86 will boot when restarting the computer off of usb but crashes on its own and wont even load. Doesn't even test ram at all. It shows that its trying to start up on the black screen then just crashes. Same exact usb works fine on laptop. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Oh and by the way im on the latest bios and on the latest windows 10 creators update. All drivers are up to date I used ASUS updater to update drivers. Also I have 7 Hard drives total of 30TB.
    Last edited by oxidation868; 07-01-2017 at 04:26 AM.