cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z270G H100i GTX cpu fan error on boot

scgt1
Level 8
Never had an issue with my MSI B150M having the AIO connected to the cpu header. Now that I have changed over to the z270g I get the cpu fan error hit F1 bit on boot if it is set to monitor the cpu_fan. Ideally it needs to monitor so it can warn if the pump actually stops. Unfortunately I'm unable to do that with having to enter bios every time the computer is started. Once I go to the monitor screen and change the setting to monitor there are a few seconds that go by until it actually shows the speed of the pump also. Sometimes it doesn't even show the pump is spinning.

I've also tried connecting it to the WC header. It doesn't halt me from booting but it also doesn't read the pump speed either from this header in the Asus software.

Corsair link always shows a pump speed though. Wondering if this is part of the 0906 bios issues I keep seeing mentioned.
2 REPLIES 2

no1yak
Level 8
The problem is that the H100i GTX pump is to slow to start and the bios doesn't wait, so you get the CPU fan error (I take it that you have set the CPU fan to max) Even if you set the min RPM to 200 for the cpu fan you will still get that error. If you are running Corsair Link and Asus software then don't, they don't work well together. You can use Link and disable the cpu monitoring, that worked for me on my Hero IX with the same AIO .

scgt1
Level 8
That explains it then. Wonder if there is something in the works for a bios update to send power to the cpu_fan and internal usb 2.0 headers to keep this problem from happening. I have the settings in bios on disable to let ai suite control them. So on boot it does spool all the fans up to I assume max because it's annoying as hell. LOL but while windows is loading they all tame down. I haven't really had any issues with link and AI Suite running. What are the issues people have with running both?