cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura Questions and Issues. Need Help!

ItsImportant
Level 7
Hey guys, my first post here

I've been a huge ROG fan, mainly because the support and integrity is amazing.

Here are some of my background. Currently using G,Skill 16GB RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR (Hynix Version), Ryzen 1700X and Asus Crosshair VI Hero

I here are my questions

1. That RAM stick is known to have problems with SPD Corruption with Aura Software. Is that problem fixed in aura 1.04.43? (I haven't install the Aura right now to avoid that problem)

2. I just read this on Aura update page
Aura V1.04.43
This version removes the probability of conflict with Ai Suite III software
Allows the lighting effects synchronization between the motherboard and the following devices
- Aura Sync compatible Asus ROG partners devices, including Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM, G.Skilll Trident Z RGB DRAM

Is that true that you guys now supporting Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM with Aura 1.04.43?

3. If my RAM isn't on your Crosshair VI Hero QVL, will it work with that Motherboard? What is the difference between listed and non listed RAM?

4. This is my question for G.Skill TridentZ RGB and Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM (Hynix Version) users. How is your D.O.C.P speed after AGESA 1006? Can anyone reach higher than 2666MHz now?

I guess that's it for my first post, its long enough already and some of you guys might be pissed at me now

Cheers,
MR
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
Your questions are well worded and nicely presented, so no one will be pissed at you. 🙂

For question 3, watch out for possible warranty issues if your RAM is not on the motherboard QVL list, but the RAM vendors also do thorough testing with motherboards, and they will have a compatibility list you can check too. Go to their website and look for your sticks and motherboard to confirm.
Davemon50

ASUS-OP
Level 7
Hi ItsImportant,

1. Yes, 1.04.43 has already fixed the SPD corruption issue.

2. Yes, Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 modules are now supported with the new version.

3. They may or may not work. The QVL list is a list of kits previously tested in house to ensure reliability with such configuration. We will suggest to check on QVL list from both motherboard or device vendors. If either one listed them as working, you should be pretty much safe from trouble with such combination.

4. Please provide the exact PN and revision of the kit you are referring to. This will enable us to find out the exact info you need.

regards,

ASUS-OP wrote:
Hi ItsImportant,

1. Yes, 1.04.43 has already fixed the SPD corruption issue.

2. Yes, Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 modules are now supported with the new version.

3. They may or may not work. The QVL list is a list of kits previously tested in house to ensure reliability with such configuration. We will suggest to check on QVL list from both motherboard or device vendors. If either one listed them as working, you should be pretty much safe from trouble with such combination.

4. Please provide the exact PN and revision of the kit you are referring to. This will enable us to find out the exact info you need.

regards,

Hello, thank you for your answers. 🙂

For #4 i use G.Skill DDR4 TridentZ RGB PC25600 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz F4-3200C16D-16GTZR

Sincerely,
MR