cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using the Asus ROG cable combs? Please post photos of them actually in your pc

scgt1
Level 8
Wondering if anyone has photos of the Rog cable Combs actually on cables in in your pc. All the photos I can find on the things are just the stock photo that doesn't show a size orientation. I would like a few photos of 24 pin, 8 pin, and if you have a modified 16 pin (24 pin shrunk to make a 16 pin for dual 8 pin gpu) Why they didn't make this one who knows. Don't get me started on the I/O cover for the Z270G either. If you run a gpu that cover is useless as you can't use it. I have someone shrinking and restructuring that one for me but I want to see if these ROG combs are just way too much with all the extra plastic to know if I want him to print some of those also.
3 REPLIES 3

Menthol
Level 14
Can you post a link please
Sorry I see they are 3D printable

Menthol wrote:
Can you post a link please
Sorry I see they are 3D printable

Yes they are printable and the only photos I can seem to find are of just the stock pictures of the combs alone and not actually installed to get a size idea. My thinking is they are way overkill and will make things look way to busy. Just want clarification before I have my guy print me some.

Korth
Level 14
I've used clear "stealth" cable combs from mnpctech
https://mnpctech.com/buy-stealth-cable-combs-for-pcs/24-pin-cable-comb/

Sorry, no pics available. They looked good, though, on unsleeved/unbraided cables, a cleaner overall appearance. Normally invisible (well, unnoticeable), but they really stood out with LEDs on.

You might be able to print the ASUS combs with a transparent or semi-transparent plastic.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]