cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

info on what is Stereo Mix in z270 hero IX

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Hi fans. Good morning. I am looking more information on some key points regarding Z270 HERO IX and audio, windows 10 and Suprime FX. What is Stereo MIX. I try to see that it does, but there is no info. I know that in windows, by default, is set on communication. on SuprimeFX appears now, since is activated on windows. The is no data, aside of recording levels, default format etc. Digging, i find that on the back of the board, there is a input jack. That is what is, a way to mix audio? that is the difference with Line in opcion?

If anyone have some website with information please send it here so i can read a little more.

these is for learning more about the board. most is unused. Thanks to all!

Carlos
Learn, Play Enjoy!
4 REPLIES 4

haihane
Level 13
Stereo mix is where when you want to record whatever you hear on your computer into an audio recording, or transmit it over skype (just switch recording devices), or...

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
Stereo mix is where when you want to record whatever you hear on your computer into an audio recording, or transmit it over skype (just switch recording devices), or...

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

Thanks for the link, interesting. Questions. Since i do some voice over using audacity, without using the mix, that will be the difference it will better or have benefit on it? my questions is trying to use my z270 to it full potencial. i will get a external mixer since i can control more the audio, these can do the same? BTW i am learning a bit since wanto to improve mi voice a little bit. I did some test and i like what i heard. I am not a expert but i am learning
Learn, Play Enjoy!

haihane
Level 13
eh,
i'm not sure what you're trying to do with audacity (with audacity, my knowledge is limited to cloning left channel into right channel).

but i can explain what stereo mix does (i hope!). i'll start by telling what stereo mix is, and isn't:
- you can't use Stereo mix to record yourself saying stuff (voiceovers), at least not in a way that i know of.
- you can use Stereo mix to record you playing "call of duty" (in game sounds, voices, explosions), and stream it directly via skype, discord, probably even twitch.

why? that's probably has to do with how stereo mix works.
when i said stereo mix allowing you to record whatever you heard on the computer, i actually meant: what your computer is playing via line out. so if you play a youtube video on your computer, and at the same time, you select your recording devices = Stereo Mix, you should be able to open your recording program and record the youtube audio outright without even having a physical microphone recording from your speakers. the quality is (somewhat) preserved this way.

let me put it in simpler terms: think of stereo mix as a bridge between your Line Out audio to an imaginary microphone (stereo mix). it merely duplicates whatever you will hear from line out and throw it back into the soundcard's "microphone".

how you can apply stereo mix feature is up to your imagination. i merely use it to stream stuff while i don't feel like talking. (what they hear = what i hear).
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
eh,
i'm not sure what you're trying to do with audacity (with audacity, my knowledge is limited to cloning left channel into right channel).

but i can explain what stereo mix does (i hope!). i'll start by telling what stereo mix is, and isn't:
- you can't use Stereo mix to record yourself saying stuff (voiceovers), at least not in a way that i know of.
- you can use Stereo mix to record you playing "call of duty" (in game sounds, voices, explosions), and stream it directly via skype, discord, probably even twitch.

why? that's probably has to do with how stereo mix works.
when i said stereo mix allowing you to record whatever you heard on the computer, i actually meant: what your computer is playing via line out. so if you play a youtube video on your computer, and at the same time, you select your recording devices = Stereo Mix, you should be able to open your recording program and record the youtube audio outright without even having a physical microphone recording from your speakers. the quality is (somewhat) preserved this way.

let me put it in simpler terms: think of stereo mix as a bridge between your Line Out audio to an imaginary microphone (stereo mix). it merely duplicates whatever you will hear from line out and throw it back into the soundcard's "microphone".

how you can apply stereo mix feature is up to your imagination. i merely use it to stream stuff while i don't feel like talking. (what they hear = what i hear).

Thanks a lot! it is pretty much clear. I will try that using a old ipod and test it. the controls are very limited, but i will try today how that can do for me. The idea is to know more about the board and how to take advantage if it. it will cool to have levels inside the SuprimeFx that can control it. i have both mic in usb and 3.5mm to test if there are options. i am ordering another monitor for the setup, so i can have 2 monitor at the same specs so i can avoid lags cause different hz and resolutions.
Learn, Play Enjoy!