New ROGer Array

SupremeFX how do I disable automatic impedance detection & amplification?

Hello,

I have a question related to your SupremeFX software. I recently changed my motherboard with a Z270H and it came with a built in Asus SupremeFX sound card. Everyone's been praising these sound cards, but i find the software used for them very blunt.

One issue I have with it is that every time I plug in my Asus Orion headset (with impedance of 32 Ohms, yes i know), the settings always automatically default to "Performance" amplification. Every time after I plug them in, and every time after a reboot, it always defaults to this.

What i don't understand is why aren't we allowed to overwrite this setting and just have the option to set them as we wish and not have them revert back to automatic? I am pretty sure i used this headset on amplification levels equivalent to "Extreme" before, with my old motherboard (also running the Realtek drivers, but the older versions, the ones that actually let you apply settings and remember your choice -__- ). And yes I am aware and also do not give a damn about "recommended" levels of amplification, I know what the headset is capable of delivering and I have used it as such for a year + now.

I found out that one option to workaround this is to move the actual audio manager application (RtkNGUI64.exe) out of the driver folder of Realtek. This way, after reboot it couldn't find the audio manager and somehow it would heep the last known settings intact, instead of automatically reverting to "Performance" amplification levels just because my headset is under a certain impedance.

This whole thing is bull**** btw, and i appreciated realtek's older interface ( http://i.imgur.com/0BnBs.jpg ) a lot more than I appreciate this new one. Please let me know if there's a solution to disable the automatic impedance detection, or if not, if there's any way of reverting to the old realtek interface.

New ROGer Array

I have a pair of Hifiman Susvara 37 Ohm Planar headphones. With my Formula "supreme fx" onboard card i cant get it to play at more than like "70%" of its capable volume. I Think its the Auto Ohm **** thats causing the volume to be so low....

Why can i turn it off? Fix this now Asus!

Quote Originally Posted by Rriik View Post
    Hello,

I have a question related to your SupremeFX software. I recently changed my motherboard with a Z270H and it came with a built in Asus SupremeFX sound card. Everyone's been praising these sound cards, but i find the software used for them very blunt.

One issue I have with it is that every time I plug in my Asus Orion headset (with impedance of 32 Ohms, yes i know), the settings always automatically default to "Performance" amplification. Every time after I plug them in, and every time after a reboot, it always defaults to this.

What i don't understand is why aren't we allowed to overwrite this setting and just have the option to set them as we wish and not have them revert back to automatic? I am pretty sure i used this headset on amplification levels equivalent to "Extreme" before, with my old motherboard (also running the Realtek drivers, but the older versions, the ones that actually let you apply settings and remember your choice -__- ). And yes I am aware and also do not give a damn about "recommended" levels of amplification, I know what the headset is capable of delivering and I have used it as such for a year + now.

I found out that one option to workaround this is to move the actual audio manager application (RtkNGUI64.exe) out of the driver folder of Realtek. This way, after reboot it couldn't find the audio manager and somehow it would heep the last known settings intact, instead of automatically reverting to "Performance" amplification levels just because my headset is under a certain impedance.

This whole thing is bull**** btw, and i appreciated realtek's older interface ( http://i.imgur.com/0BnBs.jpg ) a lot more than I appreciate this new one. Please let me know if there's a solution to disable the automatic impedance detection, or if not, if there's any way of reverting to the old realtek interface.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1System : SSD Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Games : SSD Corsair MP510 240GB | Data : SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 2004/VB/19041.x

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbbe__ View Post
    I have a pair of Hifiman Susvara 37 Ohm Planar headphones. With my Formula "supreme fx" onboard card i cant get it to play at more than like "70%" of its capable volume. I Think its the Auto Ohm **** thats causing the volume to be so low....

Why can i turn it off? Fix this now Asus!
    Hi,

We will try to fix that together.

Which Formula motherboard do you have ? ROG Crosshair (AMD) or ROG Maximus (Intel) ? Which generation ?

ROG Junior Member Array cajunshizz PC Specs
    cajunshizz PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardASUS X370-FGAMING
    ProcessorRYZEN 5 1600X
    Memory (part number)H5AN4GBNAFR-TFC X2
    Graphics Card #1STRIX RX 480 8GB
    Graphics Card #2MSI R9 270
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX S1220A
    MonitorASUS VS-228H
    Storage #1INTEL SSDSC2BW240A4
    Storage #2ST1000DM003-1ER162
    CPU CoolerMASTER LIQUID 240
    CaseFD MESHIFY-C
    Power SupplyCORSAIR CX-500
    Keyboard LOGITECH G105 & G13
    Mouse LOGITECH G602
    Headset ATH-M50X
    Mouse Pad LOGITECH
    Headset/Speakers LOGITECH Z-313
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Network RouterARRIS TG-2472

Dude...trust me, Just get u a cheap "external" usb dac like the SD-DAC63116 for 35-40 bucks and be truly satisfied. lol
    My rig (pretty similar to yours):
    -Audio Technica's ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphones
    - Syba Sonic 24bit 96KHz USB DAC Stereo Headphone Amplifier 2 Stage EQ Digital/Coaxial Output and RCA Output- <<<<<<< THE ONLY SOLUTION lol
    -FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier Model # FA3111- not necessary but i have it so...why not lol
    -ROG Strix X370-F Gaming motherboard:
    -SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A
    - Dual Headphone Amplifiers
    - Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
    - 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
    - SupremeFX Shielding Technology