Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by GNoiZz View Post
    Updated today to bios 1403 (Wifi version) , and besides that my Corsair LED 3000MHZ Ram works now on rated speed, and Q-Fan seems to work finally, still Voltage prob and 22 x Cpu lock. Wrote now AMD if this Voltages are still save for the 1600X, and if my CPU may be faulty.

Under load the CPU Voltage for OEM speed is ok at 1.225V , but the Voltage goes up to 1.557V (1.591V mobo reading) on idle, and i don't wanna burn a brand new CPU. Maybe i should just exchange the 1600X for the 1700, and hope for the best.
    1.557 is pretty much the same as my V. on auto. I think should be fine coz XFR consumption, not for long just couple sec. By the way, If u really care abt the V. why don't u pstate @ 3.95 left everything auto. Nothing gain.

ROG Enthusiast Array GNoiZz PC Specs
    GNoiZz PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero WIFI-AC
    ProcessorR5 1600X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R
    Graphics Card #1MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8Gb
    Sound CardBehringer UMC204HD / M-Audio Fast Track/........ Pro
    MonitorLG 34 Ultrawide 34UM69G-B / Asus 24
    Storage #1PNY CS2211 / OCZ Vertex460A
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB, WD blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Waterloop/ XSPC CPU Block, D5 pump,1x 360, 2x140
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 850P2
    Keyboard G.Skill KM780
    Mouse G.Skill MX 780
    Headset Audio Technica ATH-40X
    Headset/Speakers KRK Rokit8
    OS WIN 10 Pro / Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
    1.557 is pretty much the same as my V. on auto. I think should be fine coz XFR consumption, not for long just couple sec. By the way, If u really care abt the V. why don't u pstate @ 3.95 left everything auto. Nothing gain.
    Pretty simple...Warranty, that's why i wrote AMD if this is OK, and until i have an answer the CPU will run on stock. Should my CPU get damaged because of this high Voltages i want either ASUS or AMD to replace it. Besides of that i shouldn't have to pstate or other workarounds with a $270 premium board....but maybe ASUS should hire more people to get the job done.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by GNoiZz View Post
    Pretty simple...Warranty, that's why i wrote AMD if this is OK, and until i have an answer the CPU will run on stock. Should my CPU get damaged because of this high Voltages i want either ASUS or AMD to replace it. Besides of that i shouldn't have to pstate or other workarounds with a $270 premium board....but maybe ASUS should hire more people to get the job done.
    Ok finally im seeing somebody with similar issues to mine. I RMA'd both the Cpu and board and upon getting the new ones I thought it was fixed. came with bios 1107 on it so I had to update to 1201 or 1401 beta to get ram to work properly. so I flash the bios and think wow finally it works like its supposto when I bought it 3 months ago. WRONG

voltages arnt quite as extreme as the first board was that one I would set manualy to 1.39 and it wouldn't boot. auto would do 1.4 to 1.5 and water cooler would scream full speed to keep it cold at idle. new one does around 1.35 volts to 1.4 on auto but the cooler can keep it under control. I set the multiplier to 39 because I figured why not at that voltage with an 1800x.

if I set voltages to auto and put offset to -.8 or -.1 it boots now as well and around normal voltages. but still hotter than it should be at stock settings with a downvolt.

I just wanted to say that an RMA wont fix your problem boys. you either need to replace with another board like MSI or GIGABYTE or wait 6 months for a bios that works. I have already decided to never buy from asus again. this is crazy problems to be having so late after launch and not being fixed with a new board and cpu.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

For a 1800X, with "Auto" under load, you should see the core voltages drop down to around 1.24 volts. If you are manually setting the voltage, you really don't want to see over 1.41 volts.

ROG Enthusiast Array GNoiZz PC Specs
    GNoiZz PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero WIFI-AC
    ProcessorR5 1600X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R
    Graphics Card #1MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8Gb
    Sound CardBehringer UMC204HD / M-Audio Fast Track/........ Pro
    MonitorLG 34 Ultrawide 34UM69G-B / Asus 24
    Storage #1PNY CS2211 / OCZ Vertex460A
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB, WD blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Waterloop/ XSPC CPU Block, D5 pump,1x 360, 2x140
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 850P2
    Keyboard G.Skill KM780
    Mouse G.Skill MX 780
    Headset Audio Technica ATH-40X
    Headset/Speakers KRK Rokit8
    OS WIN 10 Pro / Linux

Quote Originally Posted by vogner16 View Post
    Ok finally im seeing somebody with similar issues to mine. I RMA'd both the Cpu and board and upon getting the new ones I thought it was fixed. came with bios 1107 on it so I had to update to 1201 or 1401 beta to get ram to work properly. so I flash the bios and think wow finally it works like its supposto when I bought it 3 months ago. WRONG

voltages arnt quite as extreme as the first board was that one I would set manualy to 1.39 and it wouldn't boot. auto would do 1.4 to 1.5 and water cooler would scream full speed to keep it cold at idle. new one does around 1.35 volts to 1.4 on auto but the cooler can keep it under control. I set the multiplier to 39 because I figured why not at that voltage with an 1800x.

if I set voltages to auto and put offset to -.8 or -.1 it boots now as well and around normal voltages. but still hotter than it should be at stock settings with a downvolt.

I just wanted to say that an RMA wont fix your problem boys. you either need to replace with another board like MSI or GIGABYTE or wait 6 months for a bios that works. I have already decided to never buy from asus again. this is crazy problems to be having so late after launch and not being fixed with a new board and cpu.
    That's what i try for now (still testing if stable) set it to Offset -0.1 V. Under load i get now 1.169V -1.175V and max (i guess when XFR boost ) 1.45V. As soon i disable performance core boost it's max 1.21V. Another thing i noticed, with boost on bus clock is at 99.8, with disabled boost 100.
    Last edited by GNoiZz; 07-06-2017 at 09:16 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by vogner16 View Post

Ok once i get the new board (different manufacturer Gigabyte) i will test and report back if that does fix the issue i suppose i will see the C6H in about 6 months once it's BIOS has matured as i really do like the board.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

What are normal voltages for this board? *I am concerned over the SouthBridge temps I am seeing at 51C. *I have had boards in the past where the SouthBridge have ran hot but those boards also didn't last more than a couple of years at best. *What voltages should I be looking at to try and get that temperature under control or is it related to the 1401 BIOS? *

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3