cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My voltages are stupid

gilly8192
Level 7
Hi everyone,
First time poster but thought i would ask this question here as well to see if anybody is having similar issues and if they do if they have managed to fix it.

The issue that i am seeing is that when setting manual volatages i have to apply a manual volatage of 1.375v on the vcore which gives me 1.417v. I also apply a voltage of 1.2125 gives me a vsoc voltage of 1.264v and a 1.295v on the dramm gives me 1.351v. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so have you fixed it or is it a known issue on these boards (should i be worrying about the voltage that i am being told about it in the bios or is it safe to just go ahead and apply the manual voltage that i want) or is it a bug in bios (i am running 1403). Any help here would be appreciated as i would really like to know what is going on as it scares me a little. Looking like i may have to RMA this board and try my luck.

thanks
26 REPLIES 26

FuryA
Level 8
hi gilly

The voltage is too high , unusual
Did you try the previous version , and reinstall the CPU ,hope , can it can be solved if is needed RMA

Hi FuryA@ASUS,
I have tried 1201, 1401, 1403 should i try any others. Will also try reseating the CPU and see if that makes any difference. I just need to get some thermal paste etc to do it.

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi gilly

The voltage is too high , unusual
Did you try the previous version , and reinstall the CPU ,hope , can it can be solved if is needed RMA

My voltages look similar, so i got another board from Amazon because i thought faulty board, but the second one was besides of 0.025 less DRam voltage exact the same. I set VCore to 1.375V manually and get 1.417V +, DRam to 1.3V and get 1.35V. Re seating CPU or exchanging the board didn't help. On Auto i saw as high as 1.6V VCore....in HWinfo64. Since it's the WIFI model only bios 1201.

Just hope ASUS will replace the CPU should i t burn up.

Hi GNoiZz,
What are the chances of the second board having the exact same issue i wonder?

gilly8192 wrote:
Hi GNoiZz,
What are the chances of the second board having the exact same issue i wonder?

Not sure, but i hope it's only a bios issue rather than a hardware. Maybe my CPU is extreme power hungry, still could try exchanging the CPU.

GNoiZz wrote:
Not sure, but i hope it's only a bios issue rather than a hardware. Maybe my CPU is extreme power hungry, still could try exchanging the CPU.

Me too but have borrowed a completely different board to try and see if thats the issue.

I thought this effect was 'normal' 😛 I have the same issue since the beginning. Setting at 1.375 gave 1.4+Vcore.

After tweaking, I run 1.3V as manual setting in BIOS for a stable 3.85Ghz. Actual Vcore is 1.371 at idle and 1.352 at load

infernovak wrote:
I thought this effect was 'normal' 😛 I have the same issue since the beginning. Setting at 1.375 gave 1.4+Vcore.

After tweaking, I run 1.3V as manual setting in BIOS for a stable 3.85Ghz. Actual Vcore is 1.371 at idle and 1.352 at load

not sure that it's normal if asus comes out and says it correct then fine but I would rather have my manual setting as max so that I know I'm not going to damage components. I tried it at 1.45v and it jumped up to 1.5v I also don't believe that the range is appropriate but anyway

gilly8192 wrote:
not sure that it's normal if asus comes out and says it correct then fine but I would rather have my manual setting as max so that I know I'm not going to damage components. I tried it at 1.45v and it jumped up to 1.5v I also don't believe that the range is appropriate but anyway

You are absolutely right. Asus' word is the most important here. I am new to OCing and hence I dont have enough knowledge to say its normal. I just assumed it was and thought everybody experienced the same.