cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG XG Station 2 with Linux

Aritax
Level 7
I searched the forum and google in general for this topic, but couldn't find a constructive solution...
Now to my question or issue here.
I use a HP Spectre x360. The new one from 2017 with the 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports.
My vision of setting this up as a all-in-one solution as a mobile Laptop/Tablet and stationary desktop machine with the ROG XG Station 2 became reality, with windows...
As I am a great enthusiastic user of Linux and Ubuntu in special, I would like to get it work there as well.
Under windows it was quite simple: install TB3 device manager from Intel, install driver for graphics card -> works.
Under Linux there is no TB3 device manager from Intel (as far as I know) or from anyone else.
As you can guess, I would be very happy for help / ideas / solutions for this, because I have no idea how to get this working by now.
2 REPLIES 2

01_Wolverine
Level 12
Aritax wrote:
I searched the forum and google in general for this topic, but couldn't find a constructive solution...
My vision of setting this up as a all-in-one solution as a mobile Laptop/Tablet and stationary desktop machine with the ROG XG Station 2 became reality, with windows...
As I am a great enthusiastic user of Linux and Ubuntu in special, I would like to get it work there as well.
Under windows it was quite simple: install TB3 device manager from Intel, install driver for graphics card -> works.
Under Linux there is no TB3 device manager from Intel (as far as I know) or from anyone else.
As you can guess, I would be very happy for help / ideas / solutions for this, because I have no idea how to get this working by now.

Welcome Airtax to ROG forums,

I do not have a clue what your problem is but i dabble in Linux,not for games, and i get my info from Jay Lacroix,a Linux Engineer and youtube

Teacher. Try and get hold of him and i am sure he well steer you in the right direction.

The following link is a sample of Jays channel

https://youtu.be/cQxJ8Ro2Awg?list=PLT98CRl2KxKF99r2-RQ5SYHZNkxce2-Ql

Good Luck

Fazkataz
Level 7
Aritax wrote:

Hi, I have the same laptop (2017, HP Spectre x360, with iris graphics). Can you confirm that rog xg station 2 works with this laptop?

I'm sorry I can't help with your Linux question, but I don't know anyone can confirm that this laptop can work with this eGpu yet. Thank you so much.