cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Build PC - Hardware Troubleshooting

JozGDcruz
Level 7
FIrst PC build here.

I have everything plug in where it should be. Now, when I start up my PSU, motherboard LED lights and GPU LED Light up. Except the fans on the GPU won't turn, water pump won't turn on, fans do not start up as well. The RGB LEDs strips won't light up.

Build:

ASUS ROG Formula IX
Note: LED lights on motherboard will light up on start up. No signs of power up on anything else other than the motherboard itself.

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3866 Mhz (8x4)
Note: RGB LEDs won't turn on with when motherboard starts up.

ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC Edition
Note: 3 fans won't turn on

Intel Core i7 7700k

Corsair AX 1200
Note: PSU is working

**Water cooled
- 1 360 radiator
- 4 case fans (3 on radiator) Note: 3 fans working, tested them on the test adapter. When hooked up to the system, fans won't start. Same applies to the water pump.
- EKWB REVO XTOP D5 pump is works with pump testing adapter. PreMix is running through the loop.

2 LEDS Strips won't turn on either as they are directly hooked up to the motherboard.

My monitor does not detect a signal from the system.
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
Joz,
Sorry to hear your having issues, assuming everything is connected correctly is there any codes being displayed on the Qcode display top right of motherboard?
Start with minimal hardware connected, one stick of memory in the slot designated in the manual for your board, no video card installed, use the on board video for troubleshooting
The fans on your video card will not spin up until the GPU reaches a certain temperature so at least that is by design

Actually the Q LED Code is not even displaying when powering the system. It is greyed out as if it would be off. Only the RGB lighting comes on on the motherboard.

Nate152
Hi JozGDcruz

Double check the 24-pin main power cable is fully seated.

Did you install the motherboard standoffs or were they pre-installed ?

Hi, Nate
Yeah, I have the atx bridge tool hooked up to the 24pin mobo end. Pump is working. With thr Pump testing adapter I'm able to test my fans and work.
I've notice the 24pin on the mobo end is missing on little copper socket on one of the 24 pin. is that suppose to be by design?? I plugged it in a few times and mobo won't start the fans or pump. The mobo standoffs were preinstalled and checked that they were for the right form factor mobo I'm using.

I figured it out, all I had to do was hit that Re-try button at the bottom of the motherboard. Water, Fans, RAM RGB sticks Q LED Display all turn on.