cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA SDK - Latest updates

AkaNe0
Level 10
ASUS Aura SDK is an evolving developer toolkit that furthers the capabilities and benefits of our Aura illumination technology. Currently at beta stage, the Aura SDK enables developers to fully exploit the capabilities of a vast eco-system of ASUS Aura Sync-capable PC gear. With scope to visualize an array of system stats and alerts via RGB illumination, and to enhance in-game action with lighting synchronized in real time, the possibilities are virtually endless.

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST AURA SDK

SUBMIT YOUR WORK
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
58 REPLIES 58

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA SDK is now available. Changelog below:

• Fix the latency when applying SetHslToLed
  • Rearranging SDK files and library
  • Keyboard LED can now be controlled separately

DOWNLOAD AURA SDK v2.0

anyone post exemple project in visual studio ? or tutorial for configuring visual studio project to work ?

sullivanbuchs wrote:
anyone post exemple project in visual studio ? or tutorial for configuring visual studio project to work ?

We have one sample code available in the AURA SDK.

You can find it by going to AURA SDK -> test code -> AURA_SDK_Test.cpp

Make sure you install at least Visual Studio 2013 with C++ to run the Aura SDK. Visual Studio is available here.

i have visual studio 2017 community and c++ and not working

sullivanbuchs wrote:
i have visual studio 2017 community and c++ and not working

In the test code folder, do you see the below file appearing that way?

I also have the Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 installed and I am able to open it and see the content by either dragging the file into visual studio or creating a new project and then import that file. Here is a screenshot and an overview of the package I have installed for Visual Studio.

Dependency Walker tells me that the AURA_SDK.dll is linked against the VC120 debug runtime instead of the standard release one. Is there a specific reason for this? I'm not really keen of installing Visual Studio 2013 only to use the SDK.

and how two build and run the code ?

maddinat0r wrote:
Dependency Walker tells me that the AURA_SDK.dll is linked against the VC120 debug runtime instead of the standard release one. Is there a specific reason for this? I'm not really keen of installing Visual Studio 2013 only to use the SDK.

Could you confirm, you used the AURA SDK v2.0?

sullivanbuchs wrote:
and how two build and run the code ?

You will need some C++ skills to be able to do so. If you are a new at programming, you can look at some tutorial online on how to get started.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Could you confirm, you used the AURA SDK v2.0?

Yes, just downloaded the SDK from this URL: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download/AuraSDK.zip
If I try to start the test application, it tells me that MSVCR120D.dll is missing from my computer. Dependency Walker also still tells me that the SDK DLL is linked against MSVCR120D.dll and MSVCP120D.dll.