Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Crosshair VI Error Code 8 Straight from box?

    Hi,

    Just got my Crosshair VI motherboard after Amazon delaying the delivery of the board for near 1 week. Everything was good but so far no boot. Error code 8 has shown up every time. Read online about solutions but it's hard to get a clear answer. So far, I've cleared cmos, flashed the BIOS to all available on ASUS. Anyone think they could help me? On the brink of buying a different board all together as I'm trying to get it sorted for the weekend and there's no more left for prime in UK.

    My build:
    Ryzen 7 1700 brand new
    2 x Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000MHz 8GB DDR4
    AMD Wraith cooler
    Corsair RM850x psu

    Any help would be great.

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array nicduch PC Specs
    nicduch PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorR7 1700X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    MonitorSONY 55XD8505
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
    Storage #22x WD RED 6TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseThermaltake The Tower 900 Snow Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750X
    Keyboard Logitech G810 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G910 RGB
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64Bits
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    35

    Hello,

    congratulation, you have buy the worth x370 motherboard of all !!!

    return that **** an take a gigabyte gaming K7 or Asrock fatality pro
    AMD R7 1700X
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz
    Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVMe
    Thermaltake The Tower 900 Snow Edition
    Logitech G810 / G900

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by nicduch View Post
    Hello,

    congratulation, you have buy the worth x370 motherboard of all !!!

    return that **** an take a gigabyte gaming K7 or Asrock fatality pro
    Is the board that bad of a board? I thought it was the best board available except the MSI Titanium

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array sadaharu PC Specs
    sadaharu PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyZen 7 1700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire HD7970 OC.
    MonitorASUS VX229H 21.5" FHD (1920x1080)
    Storage #1Transcend 220S 480 GB
    Storage #2WD 3.5" 1TB Caviar Blue SATA 3.0 7200Rpm 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNzxt h440 Matte Black
    Power SupplyCorsair GS800 80 PLUS® Bronze
    Keyboard Everest Rampage KM-R7 Keyboard
    Mouse Everest Rampage KM-R7 Mouse
    Headset Beats Solo 2
    Mouse Pad M.K. Atatürk Signature Special Black Edition
    Headset/Speakers MICROLAB M-200 (2+1) Piano Black Speaker
    OS Windows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    67

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsey10 View Post
    Is the board that bad of a board? I thought it was the best board available except the MSI Titanium
    It is indeed the best board. Good looking, very good specs.

    He s just overreacting i guess.

    But slowest support of all time. That the only bad thing.

    Pros about this mobo ;

    - Praz, Elmor, Raja ' s personal supports.

    - It looks lit. I means cool.

    - Tons of usb ports. Got 90 + points of all along the reviewers.

    Cons :

    - Ram combatilibity. QVL list hastn been updated since 16 March.

    - Lack of bios. Every other mobos (asus' itself included) gets their updates much early. But this one is tooooo slow.

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by sadaharu View Post
    It is indeed the best board. Good looking, very good specs.

    He s just overreacting i guess.

    But slowest support of all time. That the only bad thing.

    Pros about this mobo ;

    - Praz, Elmor, Raja ' s personal supports.

    - It looks lit. I means cool.

    - Tons of usb ports. Got 90 + points of all along the reviewers.

    Cons :

    - Ram combatilibity. QVL list hastn been updated since 16 March.

    - Lack of bios. Every other mobos (asus' itself included) gets their updates much early. But this one is tooooo slow.
    It's the many USB ports and the sleek look that sold me on the board. But the fact it didn't work out of the box has really annoyed me. I'd rater see if I could get it fixed before I have to return it. I'm torn between this board, Gigabyte K7 or Asus Strix.

    Just hoping someone has some suggestions I can try before sending it back

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    99
    Posts
    920

    Code 8 is multi purpose code of instability. It can be CPU/RAM related or even when an situation in OS occurs were CPU destabilse you will have code 8.

    I have had my board since launch on pre-order, it is a solid board IMO. I have had 3x R7 1700 on it and used Corsair, Crucial and G.Skill RAM on it. So built up a fair bit of experience on it.

    The members recommending the K7 may not be aware that Gigabyte boards seem to bork regularly on OCN from members shares. Taichi has such a crap UEFI that buildzoid is always ranting about it on youtube, there is virtually a video every month.

    What UEFI version are you on? when in UEFI on the main page it will say, if you have USB stick in a port pressing F12 will take screenshot.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Code 8 is multi purpose code of instability. It can be CPU/RAM related or even when an situation in OS occurs were CPU destabilse you will have code 8.

    I have had my board since launch on pre-order, it is a solid board IMO. I have had 3x R7 1700 on it and used Corsair, Crucial and G.Skill RAM on it. So built up a fair bit of experience on it.

    The members recommending the K7 may not be aware that Gigabyte boards seem to bork regularly on OCN from members shares. Taichi has such a crap UEFI that buildzoid is always ranting about it on youtube, there is virtually a video every month.

    What UEFI version are you on? when in UEFI on the main page it will say, if you have USB stick in a port pressing F12 will take screenshot.
    I haven't been able to get into the BIOS at all, as soon as I try to switch it on, code 8 immediately. I've tried flashing the using the button on the I/O but still no joy. I'm tempted to order another and hope it works.

    My friend has a Taichi board and I hear all of his problems he's been having, especially with error 00 crashing every so often.

    Basically been torn between getting the board I want or the board that will get here the quickest right now!

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W
    Syaoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    261

    I would suggest try forcing the BIOS to update via USB stick first using hte botton. *The method is fairly easy to find around here. *That will at least tell you if your board has stability issues with the latest official BIOS. *If it still posts with the same code after updating, I'd send it back for a refund and try to find one somewhere else or wait for Amazon to get more in.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    I would suggest try forcing the BIOS to update via USB stick first using hte botton. *The method is fairly easy to find around here. *That will at least tell you if your board has stability issues with the latest official BIOS. *If it still posts with the same code after updating, I'd send it back for a refund and try to find one somewhere else or wait for Amazon to get more in.
    That's how I've done it before but decided to try again. Tried both updates 1107 and 1403 but still the same. The 8 appears immediately, there's no cycling through other codes. Think the board is dead . Now whether to get another or go for maybe the Strix

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W
    Syaoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    261

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsey10 View Post
    That's how I've done it before but decided to try again. Tried both updates 1107 and 1403 but still the same. The 8 appears immediately, there's no cycling through other codes. Think the board is dead . Now whether to get another or go for maybe the Strix
    Have you tried pulling all of the power from the board, removing the CMOS battery, and using the jumper to Clear CMOS for about 15 minutes? *It may be a long shot but you may think it is worth the try. *If that doesn't work, send it back. *

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •