Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Burnsey10 I can't help on the troubleshooting/fixing end but I do wish you luck on getting the board running.

I actually went through the same issue a few days ago. The only difference being that mine was actually running smooth and stable for several hours before I got the 8 code. Spent 2 days screwing with it before I gave up and sent it back to Amazon with the assumption of it being a bad board.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...s-not-Q-code-8

Being that Amazon didn't have any left to replace it, I ended up just sending the processor and memory back as well and just put my older setup back together for now.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

It makes me wonder if the memory was possibly the issue. *This video tends to point to the memory instability, especially when using the 4GHz overclocking profile. *https://youtu.be/RxY1URb2gpI?t=2m44s

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Burnsey10

I'm in the UK as well. Looking at the prices of a Strix I reckon the C6H is a better buy.

- You've stated you're using stock cooler, so stock backplate. So it's not down to an issue of backplate which some coolers come with, that makes board go freaky.

- You've stated you've tried flashback, so that's out the window.

- Try Syaoran suggestion.

- Visually check the board is ok, I read only yesterday an issue where a component was badly soldered and fell off . That missing component in the thread is off DRAM power phase.

- Remove CPU, reseat, making sure screws are not over tighten on HSF.

- What are the Q-LEDs lit as ? (ref user manual).

If still Q-Code 8 I'd RMA and get another one , their an awesome board IMO. I have done hours and hours of tweaking / stress testing and it is a nice board IMO. It has so many features in UEFI that some of the other lower Asus boards have missing. So C6H is it for me .
    Last edited by gupsterg; 07-06-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsey10 View Post
    Hi,

Just got my Crosshair VI motherboard after Amazon delaying the delivery of the board for near 1 week. Everything was good but so far no boot. Error code 8 has shown up every time. Read online about solutions but it's hard to get a clear answer. So far, I've cleared cmos, flashed the BIOS to all available on ASUS. Anyone think they could help me? On the brink of buying a different board all together as I'm trying to get it sorted for the weekend and there's no more left for prime in UK.

My build:
    Ryzen 7 1700 brand new
    2 x Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000MHz 8GB DDR4
    AMD Wraith cooler
    Corsair RM850x psu

Any help would be great.
    I had the exact same issues but on a noted problem with my EKWB waterblock.

From the hours and hours of research I then undertook, I understood this to mainly be an issue with CPU pressure. Make sure you mounted everything correctly and that you don't have the cooler over-tightened.

To test and see if this is indeed what is causing the problem, remove the block, leave TIM in place and just hold the cooler down on the CPU with enough pressure to keep contact, and then boot. If it posts, you know exactly what the issue is.

And nevermind the trolls this board is ridiculous! It was twitchy for a minute but with new 1403 bios I just overclocked my RAM with pretty much zero effort and now I'm tying the 6950x (at base freq) in some benchmarks

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

Just got my Crosshair VI motherboard after Amazon delaying the delivery of the board for near 1 week. Everything was good but so far no boot. Error code 8 has shown up every time. Read online about solutions but it's hard to get a clear answer. So far, I've cleared cmos, flashed the BIOS to all available on ASUS. Anyone think they could help me? On the brink of buying a different board all together as I'm trying to get it sorted for the weekend and there's no more left for prime in UK.

My build:
    Ryzen 7 1700 brand new
    AMD Wraith cooler
    Corsair RM850x psu

Any help would be great.
    I had a similar problem to you, I would get random code 8 post even at default settings with no overclock, even with a fresh windows installation, then someone suggested to me ,on the overclok.net post for this motherboard, to disable performance bias, and I haven't had a code 8 in over a week now, I also disabled fas boot for good measure.

ROG Member Array

This is my post and fix from a few months back:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...681#post647681

TLDR: RMA the board!

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array

hi Burnsey10
    Code 8 Error is system agent , many purpose,
    you may try reinstall, CPU , RAM for troubleshooting

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey m8 try....

Hi,

My build:
    Ryzen 7 1700 brand new
    AMD Wraith cooler
    Corsair RM850x psu

Any help would be great.

Hey mate I have the crosshair vi hero board but the Ryzen 1800x cpu and had that issue... have you tried:

1. Checking the bios settings for the ram voltage? Mine was set too high (by default) using 1.9 volts yet my LPX 2400 uses 1.2 volts and your LPX 3000 should be around 1.35 volts).

2. Putting your ram into the right slots (the two lighter grey ones, slots 2 & 4) as it's dual channel ram and those are the dual channel slots.

3. Changing the ram to the DDR 2400 ram because ( but correct me if I'm wrong) the board may support DDR4 3200(OC) but BOTH the Ryzen 1700x & 1800x cpu's only support the max memory speed of 2400 MHz. (Might be wrong on this one but it's the reason I bought the 2400's ram instead of the 3000's).

4. Updating/Downgrading your bios and/or making sure you check the QVL (QUALIFIED VENDOR LIST) of your current bios.*

And lastly 5. Changing to a different ram manufacturer as I hear a lot of "rumours" that AMD doesn't like corsair much they prefer G.Skill, Crucial or Kingston manufacturers (Although this hasn't been definitively proven).
    Last edited by Sjf2k17; 07-11-2017 at 06:25 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by elguero83 View Post
    I had a similar problem to you, I would get random code 8 post even at default settings with no overclock, even with a fresh windows installation, then someone suggested to me ,on the overclok.net post for this motherboard, to disable performance bias, and I haven't had a code 8 in over a week now, I also disabled fas boot for good measure.
    i had followed your settings and hopefully error 8 wont happen again what code do u have now? mine is 24.. i got trident z 32gif 3200hz

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

ROG Junior Member Array bamfish PC Specs
    bamfish PC Specs
    Motherboardrog crosshair vi
    Processoramd 3800x 7201
    Memory (part number)gskill flareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1evga ftw3 1080 ti hybrid
    Monitordell S2716DG (tn)
    Storage #1samsung 960 evo nvme m.2
    Storage #2sumsang 860 evo ssd
    CPU Coolercm masterliquid 240 (push/pull)
    Casecm haf x
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
    Keyboard logitech generick n morty
    Mouse red naga hex wraith
    Headset sennheiser pc37x
    Mouse Pad 2003 dell oem
    OS slave to windows 10 64 bit
    Network Routerintel

code 8 followed by 1700x pulled out with cooler

so, been 6 years since i built my last rog gaming computer... maximus iv with 2600k is still alive and kicking.
    now
    got a crosshair hero vi for the new ryzen 7 cpu. would not post out of the box
    previously checked the qvl prior to purchase and checked it twice, for corsair dominator cmd dimms. unfortunately at start up i got an 8 post code and an amber led under, indicating memory problems? wrong version of corsair cmd cas 16 3200 ( v4.24 instead of qvl's v4.3)?
    reordered gskill flare x and while waiting, got a new masterliquid 240 (non pro) aio from coolermaster and began disassembling my rig.
    had previously tinted my cpu and air cooler with arctic silver prior to placement. when i removed the air cooler my 1700x cpu came out with the air cooler.
    doh, bent pins! and even after using a mech pencil to do my best at straightening pins, my mobo shows red led for cpu readiness.

my main concern is... did i fubar my mobo when the cpu came out with the air cooler? retention bracket was in closed position btw.
    replacement cpu from amazon should be here in 2 days.

do i wait and see if the gskill ddr4 will work or just rma the mobo? has anybody heard of ryzen cpu coming out with the cooler block on the crosshair vi?
    ordered gskill ram off neweg and will take 3 or 4 days to arrive.
    any advice will be greatly appreciated. tia

components:
    rog crosshair vi
    amd 1700x cpu (in the mail)
    coolermaster masterliquid 240 aio
    gskill flare x 3200 memory (in the mail)
    samsung 960 evo 1tb m.2
    samsung 850 evo 500gb ssd
    2x wd caviar black hdd
    rog strix A 1080 gpu
    cm haf x case
    thermaltake tr2 rx 1000w psu
    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bamf270/saved/nrCGXL:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast