cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VI Error Code 8 Straight from box?

Burnsey10
Level 7
Hi,

Just got my Crosshair VI motherboard after Amazon delaying the delivery of the board for near 1 week. Everything was good but so far no boot. Error code 8 has shown up every time. Read online about solutions but it's hard to get a clear answer. So far, I've cleared cmos, flashed the BIOS to all available on ASUS. Anyone think they could help me? On the brink of buying a different board all together as I'm trying to get it sorted for the weekend and there's no more left for prime in UK.

My build:
Ryzen 7 1700 brand new
2 x Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000MHz 8GB DDR4
AMD Wraith cooler
Corsair RM850x psu

Any help would be great.
21 REPLIES 21

nicduch
Level 9
Hello,

congratulation, you have buy the worth x370 motherboard of all !!!

return that **** an take a gigabyte gaming K7 or Asrock fatality pro
AMD R7 1700X
ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz
Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVMe
Thermaltake The Tower 900 Snow Edition
Logitech G810 / G900

nicduch wrote:
Hello,

congratulation, you have buy the worth x370 motherboard of all !!!

return that **** an take a gigabyte gaming K7 or Asrock fatality pro

Is the board that bad of a board? I thought it was the best board available except the MSI Titanium

Burnsey10 wrote:
Is the board that bad of a board? I thought it was the best board available except the MSI Titanium

It is indeed the best board. Good looking, very good specs.

He s just overreacting i guess.

But slowest support of all time. That the only bad thing.

Pros about this mobo ;

- Praz, Elmor, Raja ' s personal supports.

- It looks lit. I means cool.

- Tons of usb ports. Got 90 + points of all along the reviewers.

Cons :

- Ram combatilibity. QVL list hastn been updated since 16 March.

- Lack of bios. Every other mobos (asus' itself included) gets their updates much early. But this one is tooooo slow.

sadaharu wrote:
It is indeed the best board. Good looking, very good specs.

He s just overreacting i guess.

But slowest support of all time. That the only bad thing.

Pros about this mobo ;

- Praz, Elmor, Raja ' s personal supports.

- It looks lit. I means cool.

- Tons of usb ports. Got 90 + points of all along the reviewers.

Cons :

- Ram combatilibity. QVL list hastn been updated since 16 March.

- Lack of bios. Every other mobos (asus' itself included) gets their updates much early. But this one is tooooo slow.

It's the many USB ports and the sleek look that sold me on the board. But the fact it didn't work out of the box has really annoyed me. I'd rater see if I could get it fixed before I have to return it. I'm torn between this board, Gigabyte K7 or Asus Strix.

Just hoping someone has some suggestions I can try before sending it back

gupsterg
Level 13
Code 8 is multi purpose code of instability. It can be CPU/RAM related or even when an situation in OS occurs were CPU destabilse you will have code 8.

I have had my board since launch on pre-order, it is a solid board IMO. I have had 3x R7 1700 on it and used Corsair, Crucial and G.Skill RAM on it. So built up a fair bit of experience on it.

The members recommending the K7 may not be aware that Gigabyte boards seem to bork regularly on OCN from members shares. Taichi has such a crap UEFI that buildzoid is always ranting about it on youtube, there is virtually a video every month.

What UEFI version are you on? when in UEFI on the main page it will say, if you have USB stick in a port pressing F12 will take screenshot.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Code 8 is multi purpose code of instability. It can be CPU/RAM related or even when an situation in OS occurs were CPU destabilse you will have code 8.

I have had my board since launch on pre-order, it is a solid board IMO. I have had 3x R7 1700 on it and used Corsair, Crucial and G.Skill RAM on it. So built up a fair bit of experience on it.

The members recommending the K7 may not be aware that Gigabyte boards seem to bork regularly on OCN from members shares. Taichi has such a crap UEFI that buildzoid is always ranting about it on youtube, there is virtually a video every month.

What UEFI version are you on? when in UEFI on the main page it will say, if you have USB stick in a port pressing F12 will take screenshot.

I haven't been able to get into the BIOS at all, as soon as I try to switch it on, code 8 immediately. I've tried flashing the using the button on the I/O but still no joy. I'm tempted to order another and hope it works.

My friend has a Taichi board and I hear all of his problems he's been having, especially with error 00 crashing every so often.

Basically been torn between getting the board I want or the board that will get here the quickest right now!

I would suggest try forcing the BIOS to update via USB stick first using hte botton. *The method is fairly easy to find around here. *That will at least tell you if your board has stability issues with the latest official BIOS. *If it still posts with the same code after updating, I'd send it back for a refund and try to find one somewhere else or wait for Amazon to get more in.
Syaoran

Syaoran wrote:
I would suggest try forcing the BIOS to update via USB stick first using hte botton. *The method is fairly easy to find around here. *That will at least tell you if your board has stability issues with the latest official BIOS. *If it still posts with the same code after updating, I'd send it back for a refund and try to find one somewhere else or wait for Amazon to get more in.

That's how I've done it before but decided to try again. Tried both updates 1107 and 1403 but still the same. The 8 appears immediately, there's no cycling through other codes. Think the board is dead :(. Now whether to get another or go for maybe the Strix

Burnsey10 wrote:
That's how I've done it before but decided to try again. Tried both updates 1107 and 1403 but still the same. The 8 appears immediately, there's no cycling through other codes. Think the board is dead :(. Now whether to get another or go for maybe the Strix

Have you tried pulling all of the power from the board, removing the CMOS battery, and using the jumper to Clear CMOS for about 15 minutes? *It may be a long shot but you may think it is worth the try. *If that doesn't work, send it back. *
Syaoran