cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with recording game playback with the Strix Raid Pro

xtzy1
Level 7
Hello.

I am using Nvidia Experience to record gameplay in Overwatch. But since I installed the Strix Raid Pro, the playback of the recorded footage will start to cut after 18-24 seconds of playback, every time. This seems to only happen with Overwatch, though, and other games seem to work fine.

The playback will cut for 5-8 seconds or so, then play for a few seconds, then cut again. This occurs through the whole video.

Apparaently its an issue with the recording, and not with the video. I can watch other videos that were not recorded while having the sound card installed just fine.

I have tried disabling the Raid Pro in device manager and then record a new video - then the playback is normal without cutting. So I believe the issue is with the sound card.

I am using the newest drivers 1113 and Asmedia USB3.1.

I have Sonic Studio disabled while recording. I am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I am not sure where the problem is, but this, like I said, only happens in Overwatch. But also only happens with the sound card enabled in device manager.

Any help or support is appreciated. If you need any more info about my system I am happy to provide that.

Thank you,
xtzy
2 REPLIES 2

xtzy1
Level 7
After some more testing I found that this issue still ocurred with other sound cards as well, opposed to what I initially had discovered.

The issue started happening after I installed the Strix Raid Pro, but did not originate from the sound card, but another source. I had tested recording without a sound card enabled - then the issue wouldn't occur. But now I found out that it still occurs while using another sound card.

Sorry for the inconvenience here.

I am happy that I can continue using the Strix Raid Pro, as it does seem to be a viable sound card, and it was what I was looking for.

Hey xtzy1, thnx for the second post clarifying things. Has to be frustrating to mods when there is no follow up.