cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Hero (WiFi) w/ 1700x and 3200 Ram game performance weird

Sarge91
Level 7
Just finished my build and i have a VI Hero (Wfi) 1700x with a H60 cooler. 16Gb Corsair LPX 3200 Ram and 2x gtx 970s and the normal ssd's and windows 10. 1201 bios

On stock clocks (3.4)/stock mobo settings i get better in game fps. Not benchmarks tho.

On 3.8/3.9g on all cores with the ram at default (3200) benchmarks are great. Cinebench is a 1739, Prime and real bench pass and temps are fine. I think im around 1.41 on Vcore. But fps is 10-30 less in almost every game i.e Bf1, bf4, gtav, overwatch, pubg.

Video cards settings are normal, tried with and without sli and both setting show same result.

When i oc, its through the mobo bios. No fany p state or anything.

25c idle 35-45c during gaming on cpu. Stress test sometimes touches 60c

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
1 REPLY 1

NightRogue
Level 7
Sarge91 wrote:
Just finished my build and i have a VI Hero (Wfi) 1700x with a H60 cooler. 16Gb Corsair LPX 3200 Ram and 2x gtx 970s and the normal ssd's and windows 10. 1201 bios

On stock clocks (3.4)/stock mobo settings i get better in game fps. Not benchmarks tho.

On 3.8/3.9g on all cores with the ram at default (3200) benchmarks are great. Cinebench is a 1739, Prime and real bench pass and temps are fine. I think im around 1.41 on Vcore. But fps is 10-30 less in almost every game i.e Bf1, bf4, gtav, overwatch, pubg.

Video cards settings are normal, tried with and without sli and both setting show same result.

When i oc, its through the mobo bios. No fany p state or anything.

25c idle 35-45c during gaming on cpu. Stress test sometimes touches 60c

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

check to see if the bios is gimping your timings after your overclock. To keep mine where I wanted them, I had to manually input them at 14-14-14-14-34-55 or every once in a while (at least on old 1107) it would move them around sometimes after a cold boot. I also had some graphics card issues when I first started messing with the FSB, until I moved it to gen 2 - but I think it does that automatically on the newer bios revisions.

other than that, no clue. I'd boot with default/stock settings and get as much detailed info documented as you can on everything reported in hwinfo64, cpu-z and the like, then boot into your O/C settings and recheck and see if anything is off. Good luck!