cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard and power problems GL502VS

Afcsveon
Level 7
This is my second ROG GL series laptop in just 7 months. My first was an GL502VM and it had same issues I'm having with this new GL502VS.
This one has some issues like known problem of discharge battery, not big deal for me since i never do long gaming sessions and some backlight bleed at botton of screen, but other issues are realy bad.

This last week I noticed that some of keys on keyboard stoped working, or worked only if i press another key. This only happened at first when laptop got hot; like playing demanding games (4K Overwatch or Witcher 3), but this last 2 days it started to have problems even browsing web.

Other of big problems are that my laptop sometimes after I shutdown it starts by himself, turned off fastboot; wake on lan and wake on lid open and nothing works. And when it stays shutdown, sometimes it wont start unless and press porwer button for like 30 seconds.

Like I said, my previous laptop had some of same problems (keyboard problems when hot and, power off and on problems) ASUS center here in Portugal changed keyboard and battery at first, but it failed their stability tests and after also changed motherboard. But doing that they failed to give laptop back in 30 days, and since I needed some PC to finish some project for a client that was geting mad with all this delays, I just ask at store for my money back and got this one.

Worth noticing that keyboard problems started to show at 3 months old with first laptop and 1 month with this new, both cases I started noting that problem while playing Overwatch were I got temps of 85ºC CPU and 75ºC GPU, give it or that few ºC. With and external keyboard it works fine:

Last BIOS and all other drivers updated, just didn't make a factory reset since I have work to be done until mid of next month.
1 REPLY 1

Eleiyas
Level 10
Honestly, when you mentioned the powering-off/powering-on issues, I immediately suspected a faulty mainboard.

I would recommend contacting your retailer and putting in for an RMA (seeing as you said software & BIOS are up-to-date)