cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS SupremeFX Hi-Fi Firmware v1.1 July 6th!

ChaosMinionX
Level 7
New Firmware is up! Dont see a changelog, but it seems like it semi fixes the low microphone gain issues, the new driver still has signature issues though.
11 REPLIES 11

enyceedanny
Level 10
Updated it. Don't notice any difference yet. Still getting clipping/popping with the latest non-whql drivers.

madmarc69
Level 7
Where can I download the new firmware?

Korth
Level 14
I am much impressed by the appearance of the SupremeFX Hi-Fi DAC/AMP accessory, as shown on the Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly page, anyhow. Burnished metal, shiny, sleek, elegant, simple, clean ... my kinda thing.

I'm indifferent about the specs. It's good, very good, perhaps excellent. Good enough for me. Better things are available.

I am unimpressed by the functionality, though. Every search result, every thread, every review about this device seems to complain about hardware and firmware and driver issues. It looks great, it sounds great - but it seemingly doesn't "just work" or is doomed to failure after a short time in "real world" (Windows, gaming) computer use.

If/When ASUS could fix this thing well enough that reviewers and customers would consistently say "it's awesome" instead of "it's broken" then I'd buy, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I am much impressed by the appearance of the SupremeFX Hi-Fi DAC/AMP accessory, as shown on the Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly page, anyhow. Burnished metal, shiny, sleek, elegant, simple, clean ... my kinda thing.

I'm indifferent about the specs. It's good, very good, perhaps excellent. Good enough for me. Better things are available.

I am unimpressed by the functionality, though. Every search result, every thread, every review about this device seems to complain about hardware and firmware and driver issues. It looks great, it sounds great - but it seemingly doesn't "just work" or is doomed to failure after a short time in "real world" (Windows, gaming) computer use.

If/When ASUS could fix this thing well enough that reviewers and customers would consistently say "it's awesome" instead of "it's broken" then I'd buy, lol.

It's been a year since I've had the DAC, and all the issues still persist. I doubt it will ever get to a point where it'll be "awesome", let alone just work properly. They'll just probably release a newer, "better", version and package it with their next highest end product line (which will likely have its own share of problems).

Korth
Level 14
My JDS Labs O2+ODAC is a similar sort of device (external DAC/AMP, 24-bit/192KHz, etc), plugged into ye olde USB Audio Class 1 interface (another basic USB Device Class, like Mass Media, Hub, Keyboard, etc). It works perfectly, every time, never any issues whatsoever, always fully supported by generic USB drivers (even in Windows), no special software or drivers ever required.

So I really can't understand why this SupremeFX Hi-Fi gizmo is so difficult to unbug, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
My JDS Labs O2+ODAC is a similar sort of device (external DAC/AMP, 24-bit/192KHz, etc), plugged into ye olde USB Audio Class 1 interface (another basic USB Device Class, like Mass Media, Hub, Keyboard, etc). It works perfectly, every time, never any issues whatsoever, always fully supported by generic USB drivers (even in Windows), no special software or drivers ever required.

So I really can't understand why this SupremeFX Hi-Fi gizmo is so difficult to unbug, lol.

nice quote

So I really can't understand why this SupremeFX Hi-Fi gizmo is so difficult to unbug, lol
asus have good hardware engineers but so even 1% good software guys thats the problem

startekselva wrote:
nice quote

So I really can't understand why this SupremeFX Hi-Fi gizmo is so difficult to unbug, lol
asus have good hardware engineers but so even 1% good software guys thats the problem

It's because the technology in the DAC isn't developed by ASUS. It's by a company called Savitech. So more or less, they need to dedicate resources on fixing the issues, which obviously is proving to be slow.

startekselva
Level 8
NEW DRIVER RELEASED WHQL CERTIFED
Version 1.9.114.26 TODAY

startekselva
Level 8
with new driver Version 1.9.114.26, the mic input is selected by default as a line in that's why low mic volume and help will be much appreciated

Regards
selva Kumar