Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array CSN7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post
    Just to cement the above a little further, I spoke with Manuel Guzman who mans the forums at NVIDIA. X299 has yet to complete SLI certification, meaning the drivers aren't finalised yet. All in due course.

So SLI does actually function seemingly, it's just the scaling currently is very poor or non-existent in some cases. In case it wasn't obvious, that means it's nothing to do with the motherboard vendors or the BIOS.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manuel.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	66434

Well from the looks of it Manuel has either no clue or is creating the confusion himself to wash nvidia's image clean by implying that the bios is to blame and that the cure is expected to be a bios update. Not rly sure what to think of it tbh. Instead of blaming and pointing fingers at eachother the companys should work together to make this platform perform as expected.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bash4Sure View Post

Well from the looks of it Manuel has either no clue or is creating the confusion himself to wash nvidia's image clean by implying that the bios is to blame and that the cure is expected to be a bios update. Not rly sure what to think of it tbh. Instead of blaming and pointing fingers at eachother the companys should work together to make this platform perform as expected.

You'd need to reply to that message with what you've found. The release notes do mention an SLI fix for the TITAN Z specifically.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ASUS; 08-02-2017 at 04:55 PM.

I know it mentions the titan Z but to be frank, it's a special cookie. Users with more common setups with 1070s or 1080s in SLI are still suffering from heavy performance loss. And I highly doubt it's a bios related thing. Its not a secret that nvidia drivers have had serious problems for almost a year now, SLI support and performance has been disastrous in many cases.
    But then again what is the point of these huge motherboards marketed towards gamers if you can't rly have the benefits of SLI... not to say that anything beyond 2x SLI isn't rly support at all with pascal... why I'm not understanding there is no other m-ATX X299 board besides the Evga micro that isn't even out yet. I'm sure there are ppl who make good use of all those pcie slots, but I'd be brave and say most ppl use one gpu and maybe a soundcard or m.2 card or something along those lines. Times have changed, no SLI support no need for big boards.

ROG Enthusiast Array TSportM PC Specs
    TSportM PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JY
    MotherboardRampage Vi extreme Encore X299
    Processor10980XE@5.0ghz-1.350v
    Memory (part number)gskill ddr4 Royal gold 3600@3800
    Graphics Card #1Geforce RTX 3090@2020mhz
    Sound Cardonboard
    Monitor32:9 samsung C49H/ 2X asus 27 / 1X LG34
    Storage #1Samsung 970EvoPlus 1TB
    Storage #24xraid0 1tb wd black / 2Xsamsung SSD 850evo 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom LOOP
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS full Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset AStro A50
    Mouse Pad ASUS SHEATH
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500 digital
    OS windows 10 pro 64bit
    Network Routerasus GT - AX11000

Quote Originally Posted by Bash4Sure View Post

i have fowarded that but you should reply to him saying it does not fixe nothing !!!.

this quote is from gigabyte forums

Quote Originally Posted by Zurv
    The change in the new drivers was the move to windows WDDM 2.2. The drivers that work on x299, also have HDR working. Moving after to the wddm 2.2 drivers HDR broke and SLI for x299. Nvidia says the HDR problem is Microsoft (which it seems like it is) .. i wonder what impact that has to SLI chatter between the cards. That said, x99 SLI still works fine.

Question, for the people with SLI issues. DX12 games seem fine to me. Are others seeing that? This would be another example of pushing it to a software/driver problem (vs bios, mobo issue). But i whos? MS? Nvidia? intel? all?

for testing, hitman and ROTR, for me, dx11 has the limit on SLI and slow GPU usage (and thus much slower frame rate), but dx12 is fine
    I'm running 2 Titan X (pascal), windows 10 1703
    After a few tests it seems like a very valid statement and the issue might be there

My advice

please fill this form to let nvidia no that there is a issue:

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?...f07694a40f8ac6

Topic on SLI issue on X299 on nvidia forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ng-and-bugs/1/

cheers
    Last edited by TSportM; 08-03-2017 at 09:40 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I think this will help get a quicker solution
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...es-fix-eta-/2/
    Quote Originally Posted by ManuelGuzman
    OK I was mistaken. SLI certification is still ongoing. I need to ask help for some users. Please file a feedback from the URL below and provide the following information with the feedback:

1) Title(s) of game(s) showing poor SLI usage/FPS
    2) What GPU usage are you seeing in these games in SLI mode?
    3) If you are comparing to a previous system, what FPS/GPU usage were you getting before?

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?...f07694a40f8ac6
    Last edited by Mikan02; 08-04-2017 at 05:08 AM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

I dont know how they make such crazy assumptions in the first place. Some of these guys shouldn't be in the role.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

@Raja
    Agree and I think they should have asked for this info from the start if it was needed.
    Still I hope they speed things up now so this gets sorted as soon as possible for X299 users.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array xarot PC Specs
    xarot PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus GL504GM
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB CL16-18-18
    Graphics Card #1Palit RTX2080TI
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 1.2 TB PCIe
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy EVO Full Nickel
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Blackstorm Mech RGB
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
    Headset Sennheiser HD555
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended
    OS Windows 10 x64

I don't get it...SLI certification still ongoing but they ask if the users have currently issues and in which games? That's like troubleshooting backwards without starting from the possible root cause.

Or is the SLI cert just like a stamp on top of the pile like "approved"?
    Main: Xeon W-3175X - Dominus Extreme - 48 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3200 - Palit RTX2080TI H2O - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB
    HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1070 - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
    All around: i7-7980XE - H150i Pro - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX2060 - In Win 101C - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I dont know how they make such crazy assumptions in the first place. Some of these guys shouldn't be in the role.
    ^This. Sign me up. nvidia needs some german precision. where can I send my application? (half joking half serious at this point)

ROG Member Array

When Nvidia asks you to fill out the bug form what they really mean is that they are not going to do anything until they get 1000 submissions. They are blowing us off.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast