Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada011 View Post
    X299 is not so bad at all. Nice single threaded performance, nice ROG motherboards will show up soon.
    Only whole picture is not so nice because Intel used thermal paste.
    But because high Turbo clock anyway no place for some huge OC.
    If someone have enough money and chance to find i7-7820X or i9-7900X on Silicon Lottery with replaced paste, they use MX-4, Gelid and Grizzly, stable on 4.8GHz example that's pure win.
    Skylake X on 4.8GHz is like Broadwell on 5.0GHz plus amazing memory results near 100.000 MB/s.
    It would be much better without thermal paste. i7-7820X have only 28 PCI-E lanes, but PCH have 24 more.
    I understand that X299 not worth for people with i7-5960X or i7-6900K, but upgrade from other models is very nice upgrade.
    I was on an old 5yr old Sandy Bridge-E hex-core i7-3930K ASUS RIVE X79 and wanted to upgrade to something newer. I was going to go to an i7-6950X on X99 platform. But looking at pricing it's way cheaper ($999 vs $1499) and future proof as X99 is now dead(nothing new will come) to go ahead and jump onto the X299 platform. So I bought an i9-7900X and ASUS Strix X299-E Gaming board. I am very pleased with how it's working to see that my idle temps are ultra low compared to my old 3930K, 27-30C vs 39-41C with the same cooler sameday, just cleaned and reused, and this is in an upstairs very warm room of 82-85F ambient temp. Now i haven't had this up and running but just couple hours and still installing programs and drivers, I'll do some syn-bench tests here in a bit and see where the temps go from there.

Rig: i9-7900X, ASUS Strix X299-E Gaming, 32GB(4x8) EVGA DDR4 3000Mhz Cl-15, EVGA Classified Supernova 1500W, EVGA 980Ti Classified, MSI 980 Gaming 4G, Corsair H110, CoolerMaster COSMOS II, (3) ASUS VG248 144Hz 1080, Samsung 55" 7000series 4K

ROG Member Array

Hey all I just wanted to let you guys know that I finally got a response from Nvidia after being elevated to their top tier support. This was their response:

Hello Danny,

We have an open bug for the reported issue. Nvidia is working with the x299 board vendors to make sure they get optimized. No ETA of a fix right now.

Regards,
    Josh H.
    NVCC

Seems like it's on their radar. We'll see how long it takes to issue a fix! Thanks for everyone's hard work!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array xarot PC Specs
    xarot PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus GL504GM
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB CL16-18-18
    Graphics Card #1Palit RTX2080TI
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 1.2 TB PCIe
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy EVO Full Nickel
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Blackstorm Mech RGB
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
    Headset Sennheiser HD555
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended
    OS Windows 10 x64

Looking good, it sounds they could replicate the issue themselves too.
    Main: Xeon W-3175X - Dominus Extreme - 48 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3200 - Palit RTX2080TI H2O - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB
    HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1070 - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
    All around: i7-7980XE - H150i Pro - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX2060 - In Win 101C - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB

ROG Member Array

I have been following. Let us know when it's over.

I tried posting it on reddit nvidia but the fanboys shut it down.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valzero View Post
    I tried posting it on reddit nvidia but the fanboys shut it down.

Can't imagine why. This isn't anything that should come as a surprise. Optimisation for SLI has always come down the road from launch on almost every platform to date.

ROG Member Array

Hello Raja.

This bios upload for you works with Prime Deluxe?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flid1975 View Post
    Hello Raja.

This bios upload for you works with Prime Deluxe?
    No complaints that it doesn't.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    No complaints that it doesn't.
    Hey Raja,

Any news from your end on what's being done about the SLI issue? One of the higher-level techs I was speaking with at Nvidia claims the only thing that is going to fix the absence of SLI support is a BIOS update from each individual motherboard manufacturer. My concerns began after contacting Asus customer support and they claim to be unaware of the issue. IMO considering X299 is an enthusiast platform this issue should be front and center ESPECIALLY since each and every board is labeled as supporting SLI (really? no one thought to check?). Any way you can speak to the BIOS team assigned to the X299 boards and see what's going on? When do they plan on releasing the next BIOS update? What about a beta BIOS update with a quick fix while we wait? This is just one of many threads about this...

Thanks in advance for your help with this!
    Danny aka onmybikedrunk

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmybikedrunk View Post
    Hey Raja,

Any news from your end on what's being done about the SLI issue? One of the higher-level techs I was speaking with at Nvidia claims the only thing that is going to fix the absence of SLI support is a BIOS update from each individual motherboard manufacturer. My concerns began after contacting Asus customer support and they claim to be unaware of the issue. IMO considering X299 is an enthusiast platform this issue should be front and center ESPECIALLY since each and every board is labeled as supporting SLI (really? no one thought to check?). Any way you can speak to the BIOS team assigned to the X299 boards and see what's going on? When do they plan on releasing the next BIOS update? What about a beta BIOS update with a quick fix while we wait? This is just one of many threads about this...

Thanks in advance for your help with this!
    Danny aka onmybikedrunk

There appears to be some confusion regarding what we're talking about here. 'Absence of SLI support' implies you can't engage SLI, when in fact, you can. The MB vendor's role is to provide SLI functionality, which the boards already support via firmware. Tuning of SLI performance comes primarily from NVs driver, the rest is down to the architecture's capabilities, and to a minor extent, platform microcode (Intel tunes that, not the board vendors). Someone has their wires crossed. From the way your post is worded, the confusion is caused by poor choice of words when contacting NVIDIA, or a total misunderstanding of the issue.

Motherboard vendors do not tune graphics card drivers. That's the first place to look when there is an SLI performance anomaly, which is what is being discussed here. SLI works, it just doesn't scale as much as expected, which, primarily comes down to drivers (and then the platform).

If you are firing emails off to all parties, then please, at least take the time make sure you ask the right questions, word things accurately, and understand what's being discussed. Otherwise, all it does is create confusion for others. When you're communicating the issue, the narrative is that SLI scaling isn't where expected, NOT that SLI doesn't work.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Just to cement the above a little further, I spoke with Manuel Guzman who mans the forums at NVIDIA. X299 has yet to complete SLI certification, meaning the drivers aren't finalised yet. All in due course.

So SLI does actually function seemingly, it's just the scaling currently is very poor or non-existent in some cases. In case it wasn't obvious, that means it's nothing to do with the motherboard vendors or the BIOS.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 07-28-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast