Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] ruined pins on motherboard?

ddmeltzer8
Level 7
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi.I think I`m in some trouble...
I built a pc for the first time 2 months ago and last week I decided to install a AIO liquid cooler.
And after removing the stock cooler took out the cpu to make sure it was clean.(terrible idea!!!)
After putting it all together and plugging in all cables I flipped the on/off switch on the psu and the whole thing turned itself on!(I dont think its supposed to do that without pushing the switch in the front?)
Also,the display said "no input" and my k-board didnt get any power and the mouse didnt seem to have any connection,either!
After taking it aprt again,I found that a couple of pins were bent.(yes,I feel like an IDIOT) I tried to fix it and it seems (visually) to be ok but the problem persists.

Is there any way to check if the pins is the issue!Or do I have to buy a new mobo to see?

Please advice,I`m pretty desperate.
Last time I posted a question here I got very good help and I expect the same thing now as well! 😉
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Menthol
Level 14
If you can take a high resolution picture of the CPU socket and post here we can help see if any pins are out of place
Some people have taken the boards to a Jeweler to straighten the pins on their boards with success, otherwise it is a lengthy and expensive RMA proposition

Menthol wrote:
If you can take a high resolution picture of the CPU socket and post here we can help see if any pins are out of place
Some people have taken the boards to a Jeweler to straighten the pins on their boards with success, otherwise it is a lengthy and expensive RMA proposition

They would RMA a board for damage caused by the user?

Menthol wrote:

Thanks.
I managed to take an ok pic and id two pins that did look a bit off.I straightened them and will see if did anything.
I`ll post back after putting it all back together.

Cheers.

Menthol wrote:

Hi.
I never thought my phone had high enough resolution to take that detailed photos but because of the urgency I checked the meny,just in case...
And what do u know,I had an option for 20,7 mp and that was enough to get a good picture so I could se it clearly.And I was able to fix the problem!!!
I`m actually using that pc to write this message.-problem fixed!
THANK U SOO MUCH FOR UR SUGGESTION!!!

Have a beautiful day,sir!

Menthol
Level 14
I believe they will repair for you at a cost, which may or may not be worthwhile, you will have to contact ASUS support for your region

Eleiyas
Level 10
Glad to see your issue is fixed!

Solved, so closing thread 🙂