ROG Member Array

Asus Rampage VI Apex release date

Hi guys,

Can you please let me know how soon we should expect the motherboard to be released?

Thanks!

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

If you plan on overclocking the 10 core and above CPU's the Apex or Extreme will be well worth the wait

ROG Member Array

I have a failing Rampage IV Extreme with a 3930K running 4.7GHz with a Koolance EX2-1055. The ASMedia drivers don't work well with Windows 10 and I am down to the wire with my 5 year 6 month old machine. That being said, I need to build a machine right now for my business and myself. I am not interested in all the RGB stuff - It will be in a black box. I am interested in the wireless AD, M.2s, fastest 64GB of memory I can buy, and a i9-7900X from Silicon Lottery. I will set the CPU according to their specs. I like the 10g lan but I don't have it anywhere else.

Why should I wait for the Rampage series again. There is so much stuff which I just don't even use. But I do want another machine which will get me another 5 years. I was thinking about the Prime X299 Deluxe. I would appreciate you gurus opinion.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by RTitan View Post
    I have a failing Rampage IV Extreme with a 3930K running 4.7GHz with a Koolance EX2-1055. The ASMedia drivers don't work well with Windows 10 and I am down to the wire with my 5 year 6 month old machine. That being said, I need to build a machine right now for my business and myself. I am not interested in all the RGB stuff - It will be in a black box. I am interested in the wireless AD, M.2s, fastest 64GB of memory I can buy, and a i9-7900X from Silicon Lottery. I will set the CPU according to their specs. I like the 10g lan but I don't have it anywhere else.

Why should I wait for the Rampage series again. There is so much stuff which I just don't even use. But I do want another machine which will get me another 5 years. I was thinking about the Prime X299 Deluxe. I would appreciate you gurus opinion.
    I've always had the feeling that the rampage mobos have to much stuff thrown in them. ie, if i spend that much i'm doing to use an external DAC, i don't need wifi (latency and slow) and all the other random funk put in there. so much extra trash in there. That said, most mobos have that stuff too.
    The rampage is their top of the line stuff and i do normally run thru 2-3 of them per gen. Asus does support the rampage boards too with updates more than their other mobos. Asus support on boards like overclocker's is real helpful too. I normal start a generation with a rampage or two and then move to something more stable. My two man PCs are using the x99-E WS. (i always run with 2 or more video cards, and multi m.2 and pci NVMe drives, etc and need the lanes!)

I'm really looking forward to the Apex. Less extra stuff that I don't want. Maybe i don't need to wait for a WS mobo. Also, with 44 lanes i think i'm good. (.. and with 3 and 4 way SLI pretty much dead... i'll only be using 2 cards in SLI.)

also, coming "soon" is totally not helpful. We all know it is coming soon. But soon could be next week or two months from now.
    It would be nice if asus put out something semi official to give us a better target it. The best so far is July/Aug ... which is a big window.
    My plan is to get the 12 core and the Apex. But, i'll most likely get whatever the highest core count is when the Apex is released.
    I7-6950x @ 4.5GHZ (10 core), 32gigs 3200mhz DDR4 ram
    2 way-SLI Titan X (Pascal) @ 2ghz
    (All Water cooled)
    Samsung 960 pro NVMe, Toshiba RD400 NVMe, Intel 750 SSD NVMe
    30" 4k Dell OLED UP3017Q, 32" 4k Acer Gysnc Monitor (3840x2160)
    Windows 10 pro x64 (1703)
    Logitech 810 / G900, Xbox One Elite controller
    audio: Oppo HA-1 -> Rega Brio-R (AMP) -> Sennheiser HD800s (headphones) or PSB imagine mini (speakers)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Menthol View Post
    If you plan on overclocking the 10 core and above CPU's the Apex or Extreme will be well worth the wait
    Yeap that's my plan. I got my 7820X and waiting for the mobo. Hopefully Rampage VI will not have any issue with the VRM cooling.

So guys any estimation for the release date?
    Last edited by TorwaK; 07-10-2017 at 02:04 PM.