cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer done! Monitor advice?

ChroMiuM_Deejay
Level 7
Hellow guys! Just fininshed build 2 computers for me and for my wife// Thanks for asus for some amazing parts =D

Any recommendation for a good monitor IPS from asus? Vivid colors..bright... like a normal HD TV or better? (Dont need to be 4k) Huggs!
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Do you have any stores nearby with monitors on display? I personally prefer to see monitors in person and be able to adjust the picture in person before buying.

Also, what do you want to do with your PC? Are you going to be playing fast paced games on this display? If so you may want a higher refresh rate. If you are going to be watching TV and playing strategy or turn-based games then you will probably be fine with 60hz.

What size of screen are you looking for?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hellow. well,i dont have any stores close atm, im planning buy from internet =/

Well, im not looking for TN panels with fast response... just looking for something that will shows me real colors.. from any angle like OLD CTRs monitors =p 27 size is what im looking for .... atm i have old ones here...and i love the quality of these but 1 died last week lol , Personal use will be for 3d design and games ofc hehe I have heard that 4k monitors or High refresh rate needs a super computer so... i think im good with 1080p or 2k monitor? i think...idk =S I do play fps games too but im not going into any competitions so ..

xeromist
Well, a 4k monitor has exactly 4x the pixels of 1080p. That means it is crystal clear at both 4k and 1080p with no interpolation. You would have the option of running 4k for some things and 1080p for demanding games. Of course that would be more expensive than a lower resolution monitor but 27" 1080p is an unusual format now. You'll have more luck finding 2K or 4K.

In 27" IPS gaming monitors I think you have 3 choices but they aren't 1080p
Swift PG279Q 2K 165Hz, G-SYNC
Swift PG27AQ 4K 60Hz, G-SYNC
ASUS MG279Q 2K 144Hz, FreeSync

The advantage of g-sync and freesync are that your monitor will only refresh as fast as your GPU can handle so you don't have to render 144 FPS or 165 FPS to eliminate tearing.

I also recommend buying from an online shop that allows returns when buying a monitor. If you happen to get a monitor with dead pixels or excessive edge glow then it's good to be able to exchange it. And as always I recommend reading further on any display you consider, both professional and owner reviews before buying.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for your help man!

Im going to get the ROG Strix XG27VQ for games then....and ROG SWIFT PG348Q for work, home use.... i heard that monitors 4k native have bad quality into a no native resolution such as 1080p saddly...so if i get this 2 ones i think im gonna have a good deal ! I hope lol cuz i will need to buy 2 of each or my wife will be jealus haha! Thanks for all your help! Huggs!

xeromist
I don't know why they would be bad at 1080p. The problem is when you pick a resolution in between, then the monitor has to interpolate and things get fuzzy. As long as the resolution is exactly half of native it should just use 4 square pixels to make one large square pixel. But you may be right if the monitor doesn't do that correctly.