Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by RTSARC View Post
    Well thats unfortunate to hear, I'll try everything on my laptop in a little bit to be sure tho thanks for the help! You wouldn't happen to have another beta firmware for the wireless receiver would you? I don't know that I'm convinced about the mouse being defective considering there's a lot of other posts on here with people's Spathas behaving just like mine and everything works flawlessly except for armoury detecting the mouse when in wireless mode. It still works in wireless mode, the software just doesn't see it. I kind of think that the reason its not being detected properly by armoury is because I've yet to successfully update the firmware for the wireless receiver despite the mouse and armoury now being fully upgraded so perhaps that could be the problem?

The only dock firmware I came across is ROG_SPATHA_Dock_FW1.32(Beta).exe located on the Spatha support page ( https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic...Desk_Download/ ) so perhaps there's another version I could try since that one crashes as soon as I launch it every time? I'd even be willing to try the previous receiver firmware if the only caveat is that the charge indicator lights are incorrect. The mouse is used 80% of the time plugged in anyway so gets its charge that way, I rarely see myself needing to use the dock to charge it anyway. Thanks again for the help, I'll update later once I have a chance to try everything on my laptop.

Other idea, is there any chance windows 10 could have stepped in and installed a generic driver for the receiver and that's the issue? Might explain why the receiver works but won't update the firmware? If that is a possiblity, do you know what I can identify the receiver as in device manager to attempt to uninstall the windows driver/where would I find the correct driver to replace it with?
    To my knowledge there are also a lot of users that have a perfectly working Spatha on the latest FW and SW versions listed on the product page so it seems to be a hardware issue with your mouse. Please confirm if it also has the same issue on your laptop which should verify that it's an issue with the mouse or dock.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    To my knowledge there are also a lot of users that have a perfectly working Spatha on the latest FW and SW versions listed on the product page so it seems to be a hardware issue with your mouse. Please confirm if it also has the same issue on your laptop which should verify that it's an issue with the mouse or dock.
    Hey Bahz, sry for the delayed response was away for a few days so couldn't test. I just tried everything out on my laptop and first try armoury updated the dock for the first time to 1.30 and then I was able to successfully install the 1.32beta firmware for the dock from the product page. At that point the laptop and armoury picked up the mouse in wireless mode without any issue! Switching the dock back to my desktop PC with the newly updated firmware allowed my desktop/armoury to find the mouse in wireless mode as well

So at this point I'm basically good to go, more or less with dock fw 1.32b and the beta mouse fw you provided by itself. Armoury on my desktop still seems prone to crashes and I still see that SpathaAgent.exe has stop responding message when I initially launch armoury however the mouse continues to work in whatever profile it was already in. Once armoury does crash though, unfortunately I can't get it to relaunch until I restart my PC. I've tried ending the task in processes however when I attempt to relaunch the program the process appears, uses a bit of cpu for a few seconds then just stalls out using 0% cpu/diskusage with no change from 32mb ram usage. Ending task and relaunching results in the same thing until I restart the PC.

I don't think the mouse or receiver are bad anymore, I think for some reason my main desktop rig is just really struggling to run Armoury stable which was preventing me from ever updating the dock firmware. I haven't the slightest idea how to troubleshoot the issue between armoury and my PC so am open to options. As a precaution I've run virus/malware scans, tried the cleanest install of Armoury I could manage using CCleaner and deleting old directories/fixing up the registry before reinstalling, windows built in system checks all come back fine and clean, sfc /scannow came back clean and I'm generally pretty vigilant with my PC care is so I don't think its a virus or corrupt windows issue :/ I suppose let me know if you have any ideas about troubleshooting the SpathaAgent.exe message I get, perhaps thats why armoury always crashes eventually. Thanks again for the help and sry again for the delayed response!

Ex-employee Array

Hey Bahz, sry for the delayed response was away for a few days so couldn't test. I just tried everything out on my laptop and first try armoury updated the dock for the first time to 1.30 and then I was able to successfully install the 1.32beta firmware for the dock from the product page. At that point the laptop and armoury picked up the mouse in wireless mode without any issue! Switching the dock back to my desktop PC with the newly updated firmware allowed my desktop/armoury to find the mouse in wireless mode as well

So at this point I'm basically good to go, more or less with dock fw 1.32b and the beta mouse fw you provided by itself. Armoury on my desktop still seems prone to crashes and I still see that SpathaAgent.exe has stop responding message when I initially launch armoury however the mouse continues to work in whatever profile it was already in. Once armoury does crash though, unfortunately I can't get it to relaunch until I restart my PC. I've tried ending the task in processes however when I attempt to relaunch the program the process appears, uses a bit of cpu for a few seconds then just stalls out using 0% cpu/diskusage with no change from 32mb ram usage. Ending task and relaunching results in the same thing until I restart the PC.

I don't think the mouse or receiver are bad anymore, I think for some reason my main desktop rig is just really struggling to run Armoury stable which was preventing me from ever updating the dock firmware. I haven't the slightest idea how to troubleshoot the issue between armoury and my PC so am open to options. As a precaution I've run virus/malware scans, tried the cleanest install of Armoury I could manage using CCleaner and deleting old directories/fixing up the registry before reinstalling, windows built in system checks all come back fine and clean, sfc /scannow came back clean and I'm generally pretty vigilant with my PC care is so I don't think its a virus or corrupt windows issue :/ I suppose let me know if you have any ideas about troubleshooting the SpathaAgent.exe message I get, perhaps thats why armoury always crashes eventually. Thanks again for the help and sry again for the delayed response!
    Glad to hear that it's working for you in wireless mode now. The software crashing might be a software conflict or some kind of registry issue so maybe uninstalling the software the cleaning it out with a software like CC Cleaner before reinstalling might help.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Glad to hear that it's working for you in wireless mode now. The software crashing might be a software conflict or some kind of registry issue so maybe uninstalling the software the cleaning it out with a software like CC Cleaner before reinstalling might help.
    Unfortunately, like I mentioned I've been using CCleaner all along to ensure clean installations, removing left over files in the install directories as well as correcting any issues with the registry between every uninstall/install through out this whole troubleshooting experience and it doesn't seem to have helped at all. Are you aware of any known software's that Armoury has a compatibility issue with? Or do you know how I can go about troubleshooting SpathaAgent.exe not responding?

Ex-employee Array

Unfortunately, like I mentioned I've been using CCleaner all along to ensure clean installations, removing left over files in the install directories as well as correcting any issues with the registry between every uninstall/install through out this whole troubleshooting experience and it doesn't seem to have helped at all. Are you aware of any known software's that Armoury has a compatibility issue with? Or do you know how I can go about troubleshooting SpathaAgent.exe not responding?
    Can you list what other ASUS software you have installed and what other devices are connected to your system?

ROG Member Array

Centre MAGOG

Asus Software Installed on PC:
    GPU Tweak II v1.4.6.6
    Asus Live Update v1.0.4.9
    Armoury v1.02.07
    Aura v0.0.5.4

Devices Connected:
    Spatha Mouse/DockDell Monitor via HDMI
    USB chip for Logitech Wireless Keyboard
    Speakers/Mic plugged into motherboard rear panel via 2x 3.5mm jacks
    Ethernet cable

Ex-employee Array

Asus Software Installed on PC:
    GPU Tweak II v1.4.6.6
    Asus Live Update v1.0.4.9
    Armoury v1.02.07
    Aura v0.0.5.4

Devices Connected:
    Spatha Mouse/DockDell Monitor via HDMI
    USB chip for Logitech Wireless Keyboard
    Speakers/Mic plugged into motherboard rear panel via 2x 3.5mm jacks
    Ethernet cable
    This issue seems quite specific with your mouse so I would recommend to send it back for RMA because we can't replicate this issue. The error popup could be caused because the IC on the unit is defective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2