cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLI - HB Bridge compatibility

Nocturney
Level 7
Hey,
I have the Rampage V Extreme/3.1 motherboard, and about to get 2 1080TI's (Founders Edition) that I'm going to connect in SLI on slots :
* PCIE_X16_1
* PCIE_X16/X8_3

As I understand, for best performance I need to connect them using high bandwidth SLI bridge, (Though I read the difference is kind of insignificant..)
But what is the spacing for choosing the correct one from different vendors ?
4 REPLIES 4

ChaosMinionX
Level 7
Nocturney wrote:
Hey,
I have the Rampage V Extreme/3.1 motherboard, and about to get 2 1080TI's (Founders Edition) that I'm going to connect in SLI on slots :
* PCIE_X16_1
* PCIE_X16/X8_3

As I understand, for best performance I need to connect them using high bandwidth SLI bridge, (Though I read the difference is kind of insignificant..)
But what is the spacing for choosing the correct one from different vendors ?

Rampage V Extreme if you use the top 2 PCIE will need an 80mm spaced HB bridge - I have a Rampage V Edition 10, and used an EVGA HB Bridge and they call the 80mm one a "2slot spacing" bridge.

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
I have the same mobo and two 780 in slots 1 and 3.For water cooling I use 3-slot terminal,so I think you should do the same-take a 3-slot bridge.between two graphic cards there is 5 slots,so you must take 3-slot bridge:

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

JustinThyme
Level 13
Just pay attention to how many spaces are between the slots. They keep changing the definitions of slots. My enthusiast 3 way SLI bridge covered no spacing and two slots of space. It worked just fine for HB, the 3 slot was the only one that did though. Then I go and buy a new MOBO and have a single space and it doesn't work, none of last generations do so I had to buy a 3 slot which after ordering it a few months ago its finally getting delivered today as they are sparse on the US market with only a few places selling them and those that have plenty of them are price gouging, as in double the cost.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Hawkstorm
Level 7
So long as you have both cards running 16x, you shouldn't have any probs using the one that comes with the card.

Can't say I've ever had to use a dedicated bridge, or noticed any drop in performance in doing so, from using just a normal ribbon.