Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ex-employee Array

I do believe the $690 for battery replacement is a bit extreme, can you please PM me with the following information?

Product S/N:
    Case ID#:
    RMA# (if you got one):

I will escalate this case and find out why the quote is $690 and will get an answer for you as soon as possible.

ROG Member Array

RE: Battery issue

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I do believe the $690 for battery replacement is a bit extreme, can you please PM me with the following information?

Product S/N:
    Case ID#:
    RMA# (if you got one):

I will escalate this case and find out why the quote is $690 and will get an answer for you as soon as possible.

@Bahz - PM sent. Thank you!

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by erinnadeau View Post
    @Bahz - PM sent. Thank you!
    So to further explain the quote you received was provided by call center which they can only provide the price based on assumptions of certain parts that need to be replaced along with labor costs. If you send your notebook in for actual assessment, the actual quote for the repair should be lower. If you don't receive a reply from our service team within 2 business days, please let me know and I will help further escalate this case.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Eleiyas View Post
    @Mogenarz:
    your issue is usually caused by battery overdischarge; what I mean is that usually, when the unit shuts down for low battery, it still has 1 or 2% backup power left in it. When it over discharges, it will hit 0% and there is only one thing I know of that might fix your issue.

1 - make sure your unit is completely turned off

2 - perform hard reset (hold down power button for 30 seconds to a minute (recommend 1 minute))

3 - again, make sure it is completely turned off

4 - leave it plugged in and charging for at least 10-12 hours. DO NOT TURN IT ON DURING THIS PERIOD!

5 - Good luck!

If you still have the same issue, then you will need a new battery.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Unless I was supposed to unplug the computer before ending the hard reset (and then plugging it back in), that didn't work. I can't say I'm pleased with the prospect of dead battery on a year-old laptop...would there be any way to remedy this without not having my laptop for several weeks? I can replace the battery myself if necessary, provided I know where to find one.

ex-ASUS Employee Array Eleiyas PC Specs
    Eleiyas PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA
    ProcessorAMD FX 8370
    Memory (part number)Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 - 2G
    MonitorLG Flatron E2240T 21.5'' 1080p Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 7200RPM 32MB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM 64MB 6GB/s
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Cooler
    CaseNZXT Lexa S
    Power SupplyCorsair CX600 600W (Bronze)
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless AZERTY
    Mouse Microsoft Wireless
    Headset Evil Witchcraft II Gaming Headset (Black/Red)
    Mouse Pad Wild Wolf Hunter
    Headset/Speakers 4Gamers 2.1 Sound-System
    OS Windows 10 Professional - Creator's
    Network RouterZiggo

Quote Originally Posted by MogenarZ View Post
    Unless I was supposed to unplug the computer before ending the hard reset (and then plugging it back in), that didn't work. I can't say I'm pleased with the prospect of dead battery on a year-old laptop...would there be any way to remedy this without not having my laptop for several weeks? I can replace the battery myself if necessary, provided I know where to find one.
    yeah sorry.

make sure the unit is unplugged before attempting it - you don't want any juice flowing through the mainboard until the step where I say to plug it in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2