cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL553VD] Keyboard back-lighting when in sleep mode - Battery/Plugged In

Himbrecht
Level 7
Hello fellow ROG-ers, 🙂

A week ago I've bought the GL553VD gaming laptop and I have to say, this thing is fast! Its main use is going to be audio processing and music production and gaming every now and then.
Now, there's something I don't like about it and I'm not sure whether it is a feature or a bug/defect. Whenever I put the laptop to sleep and it's plugged in, the keyboard does this breath like light effect. It does not happen when on battery mode. Here's what it looks like: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgGRd7DBSZ85g9Y3AQNMMxFkhzIqoA

This raises two questions:
1. Is the brief flash only on the left side of the keyboard supposed to happen? Does anyone else get that?
2. Can I disable it? There are no options for disabling this in power management or BIOS.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
H.
4 REPLIES 4

Eleiyas
Level 10
Glad to see a fellow music producer on the forums 😄

As for the notebook, yes that is normal.

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
Glad to see a fellow music producer on the forums 😄

As for the notebook, yes that is normal.

Including the blinking on the left part only?

It's a great machine for music production in my opinion. 😄

I have this same laptop and I find these lights annoying to keep on at night, but I also need to keep my computer in sleep mode. How do you disable the keyboard lights? I also looked into BIOS and can't find anything.

Yes it is normal. The easiest way to disable the keyboard lights at night is to close the lid.