cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG258Q Line down the middle

hrkalona
Level 7
I have experienced the well know line down the middle issue on my new monitor. It does not appear very frequently. When it appears, it is happening right after I boot into windows. Basically 2-3 pixels columns of the middle section are offseted to the left of the screen.
Can we expect any firmware update soon?
13 REPLIES 13

cljustin
Level 8
If AC or DC ON/OFF to reboot the monitor, flicker line can be removed.
If it doesn't you're going to need to RMA the monitor to get a firmware update.

Well all of the instances of this problem I ve seen, can be resolved by switching off and on the monitor, but for the money invested in this and since it is a know problem of the g-sync module, I would expect to get a firmware update at some point!

Bill
Level 7
Hello hrkalona
Thank you for your inquiry, is there a clearer picture of the line? If you can point it out as well, that would be great.
Thank you

Right now I dont have any more pictures of this, as it manifests very sporadically. I have to turn on and off my pc until it reapears. The first photo that I attached is pretty much self explainatory. I intentionally placed the circle of the firefox logo in the middle of the screen, so in the left you can see a part of that logo (in orange), the mouse also appers chopped off. If you zoom on the image you will see it more clearly.
There is nothing new with this issue, but if you insist that you need more pictures, I will have to try to reproduce it.

Two more close-up images of the same issue, with the same configuration in place.

Are you talking about the line to the left? If that is the case, my PG258Q does the same thing sometimes. It happens when I start the computer or run a game. Not all the times though. If it turn if off and on again, it disappears.

For me its only when I boot my pc, nevertheless it would be nice if we get a firmware update.

Same problem with my pg258q.
It happens every time I turn on the monitor .. I think the problem is embarrassing for the price of the monitor.

We have at least two ASUS PG258Q monitors, that we were planning to use for psychological research at our university, that have the same problem. I attached 2 images below and there's a video showing the problem here. I also build a setup that can be found here to reproduce the problem. From that setup I concluded the following:
- It seems to happen when the monitor is set to 240Hz.
- It seems to happen when switching from the native resolution to a lower resolution.
- It seems to happen with the Dell Precision 3630 onboard video card Intel UHD 630 ( but not with a ASUS XG248Q for example).
- It does not seem to happen with the Dell Precision 3630 when I install an Asus PH-GTX1050-2G video card.

Note the word "show"

Note part of the "o" from the word "show"

Please let us know if there is a firmware update and if so, how to check the firmware version in the ASUS PG258Q monitor.