cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pugio Mouse moving erratically?

Mesterbob
Level 7
Just got the Pugio Mouse.

When in windows it seems to work fine, but when i'm gaming and moving fast left or right, then it jumps to either looking straight up or straight down. when moving really slow it works, but with fast movements it does'nt seem to work.

Mouse is setup with default settings and i'm using an steelseries xtrfy mat.

So i did some digging, and when i turn off "enhance pointer precision" in windows mouse properties its ****s up just like it does ingame. It jumps around the screen. That is the only setting that actually changes the behavior in windows is the "enhance pointer precision", but i cant get i to work ingame.
I have tried with low and high polling rates, no change.
I have tried with low and high DPI, no change.
i have tried turning off raw input ingame, no change.
Tried With or Without accel, no change.
Tried with or without angle snapping, no change.
tried calibrating the mouse with Armory software, both to low, medium and high setting, and tried with different presets, No change..

anyone encountered this? and does someone know how to fix?

There is NO issues with Steelseries Sensei, which have same DPI spec as the Pugio.

thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Eleiyas
Level 10
I forwarded this to Bahz, who is dealing with peripherals at the moment.

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
I forwarded this to Bahz, who is dealing with peripherals at the moment.

thanks..

this is the same problem but they dont seem to have a solution other than Buy a new mouse: https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/624076851056728061/?l=danish

They seem to think it is a Inch per second problem, but my Steelseries Sensei have same specs as this and there is no problems.

To add, my computer is newly reformatted, so there shouldnt be any 3'rd party app problems.

is it a cloth mat or hard plastic pad ?

Bahz
Level 12
Please try it on a different mousepad or wood surface and see if the issue is the same, if it is then you likely have a defective sensor. Have you already updated to FW version 0146?
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Mouse/ROG_Pugio/Pugio_FW_Reset_V0146.zip?_ga=2.43839205.1...

When you go into "Devices and Printer," is the mouse properly detected as Pugio?

well, thats weird, now it works...

havent done anything from yesterday where it still didnt work, but i tried it again now and now it works fine...

But to answer your questions, i tried it on 4 different surfaces, three mats: a cloth and a hard plastic surface and then a glas surface. also tried on normal table with a wooden surface.. made the same wierd movements on all surfaces.

The FW was updated to the newest aswell and it shows up just fine as ROG PUGIO in devices..

But for some reason right now it works like it should.. hope it isnt something that will be returning, but will keep you updated.

thanks

Mesterbob wrote:
well, thats weird, now it works...

havent done anything from yesterday where it still didnt work, but i tried it again now and now it works fine...

But to answer your questions, i tried it on 4 different surfaces, three mats: a cloth and a hard plastic surface and then a glas surface. also tried on normal table with a wooden surface.. made the same wierd movements on all surfaces.

The FW was updated to the newest aswell and it shows up just fine as ROG PUGIO in devices..

But for some reason right now it works like it should.. hope it isnt something that will be returning, but will keep you updated.

thanks

It's good to hear that it's working properly now. Please do keep us informed if any new issue arises. Thanks.