Page 124 of 146 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1453
  1. #1231
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    34

    If I am still on 4207, should I flash 4602 then 4801 and finally 5008 or simply the latest one?

  2. #1232
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array celab PC Specs
    celab PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B550-F Gaming / BIOS 2806
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @stock speed
    Memory (part number)FlareX - F4-3200C14D-16GFX @XMP Timings
    Graphics Card #1Palit GameRock Premium 1080 @stock speed/cooling; 496.49 Drv.
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAcer Predator - XB241H
    Storage #1Seagate FireCuda 530 / 500GB NVME 1.4
    Storage #2Kingston ssd
    CPU CoolerBe Quiet - DarkRock 4
    Casefreestyle
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold
    Keyboard Razer Chroma Light
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Medium CONTROL
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD 4.20s
    OS Win11 Pro 64bit / latest
    Network RouterFibre Optic 600Mbit (sync.)
    celab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    91

    3600 oder 3700x auf diesem board

    Quote Originally Posted by ZduneX25 View Post
    If I am still on 4207, should I flash 4602 then 4801 and finally 5008 or simply the latest one?
    i would just flash the latest version ...


    anyone got a 3600 or 3700x running and can tell about the mem timings and ram speed with them ? thx !
    Orwell was an optimist

  3. #1233
    ROG Enthusiast Array hazium233 PC Specs
    hazium233 PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorR5 1600
    Memory (part number)Ballistix Sport AT 2666 16gb
    hazium233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    33

    ^I don't, but it is looking like it is pointless to go over 3600MT/s unless you can raise the FCLK higher than 1800. Otherwise you need to go very high to beat the penalties from running FCLK in asynchronous mode.

    ___

    After reflash, it doesn't seem like I have gotten that weird blinking cursor, so maybe I had a bad flash (or clear cmos didn't really clear things the first time). But it has only been a few hours of testing. I don't know that this bios is really any better than 4207 from a speed perspective (for my 1600).

    It would also be nice if we could access CBS, or other things like Spread Spectrum.

  4. #1234
    ROG Enthusiast Array SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B550-f Gaming WIFI (BIOS 1202)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER Founders
    Storage #1Samsung 980Pro 1TB PCIE4 M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 970evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i RGB Platinum
    CaseCorsair 400c
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Mk2 (Cherry MX Red)
    Mouse Corsair M60 Pro
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10
    SuperRichioROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    26

    Ryzen 3600 high temps

    Quote Originally Posted by celab View Post
    i would just flash the latest version ...


    anyone got a 3600 or 3700x running and can tell about the mem timings and ram speed with them ? thx !
    Hello all,

    Here's my system spec
    Ryzen 5 3600
    Corsair LPX DDR 3200mhz CL16 @ 1.35v (xmp profile)
    Memory timings. 16, 18, 18, 36
    Asus Strix B350-F Gaming MB Bios 5008
    Asus Strix GTX 1070 O8G
    Samsung 970evo m.2 1TB
    Storage HDD 2TB
    Corsair RM650X PSU

    My upgrade from R5 1600 (all other specs are the same) has gone well except the temperatures of the R5 3600 are much higher than reviewers have been reporting and I'm using a wraith spire rgb rather than the included wraith stealth. My idle temp tends to be around 38-42c with spikes to the high 40's or higher common. Max temps while gaming seem to be around 75c. There's a thread over at Tom's hardware where a few people are having the same experience.

    Other than the erratic temp issue, everything seems OK. Can I ask how things are going for you?
    Last edited by SuperRichioROG; 07-11-2019 at 09:16 PM.

  5. #1235
    ROG Enthusiast Array Whiplash-RoG PC Specs
    Whiplash-RoG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus RoG STRIX B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 4G
    Storage #1Crucial CT1000P1SSD8 P1 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe NVME
    Storage #2WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerDeepCool Gammaxx GT
    CaseRaidMax Cobra ATX-502WBG
    Power SupplySeasonic S12II 520W Bronze
    OS Windows 10 Professional x64
    Whiplash-RoG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    56

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichioROG View Post
    Hello all,

    Here's my system spec
    Ryzen 5 3600
    Corsair LPX DDR 3200mhz CL16 @ 1.35v (xmp profile)
    Memory timings. 16, 18, 18, 36
    Asus Strix B350-F Gaming MB Bios 5008
    Asus Strix GTX 1070 O8G
    Samsung 970evo m.2 1TB
    Storage HDD 2TB
    Corsair RM650X PSU

    My upgrade from R5 1600 (all other specs are the same) has gone well except the temperatures of the R5 3600 are much higher than reviewers have been reporting and I'm using a wraith spire rgb rather than the included wraith stealth. My idle temp tends to be around 38-42c with spikes to the high 40's or higher common. Max temps while gaming seem to be around 75c. There's a thread over at Tom's hardware where a few people are having the same experience.

    Other than the erratic temp issue, everything seems OK. Can I ask how things are going for you?
    Thanks for the feedback! I wonder whether the board is pushing higher than normal voltages for some reason. I assume this is all at stock settings? Did you enable auto-OC and precision boost?

  6. #1236
    ROG Enthusiast Array SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B550-f Gaming WIFI (BIOS 1202)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER Founders
    Storage #1Samsung 980Pro 1TB PCIE4 M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 970evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i RGB Platinum
    CaseCorsair 400c
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Mk2 (Cherry MX Red)
    Mouse Corsair M60 Pro
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10
    SuperRichioROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash-RoG View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I wonder whether the board is pushing higher than normal voltages for some reason. I assume this is all at stock settings? Did you enable auto-OC and precision boost?
    No problem. A lot of people seem to be having similar issues. It's hard to find anyone reporting similar idle/light load temps to those reported by reviews etc. I'm using a wraith spire and I'll never expect to see a 32c idle, nowhere near as I'm lucky if it will dip below 40c most of the time.

    Can I also direct you to this thread over on Tom's hardware as it will shed a bit more light on what's happening... https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...3498528/page-1

    It's correct that I'm running everything at stock pbo etc all left of auto in bios and I haven't enabled pbo in ryzen master.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by SuperRichioROG; 07-12-2019 at 07:45 AM.

  7. #1237
    ROG Enthusiast Array Whiplash-RoG PC Specs
    Whiplash-RoG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus RoG STRIX B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 4G
    Storage #1Crucial CT1000P1SSD8 P1 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe NVME
    Storage #2WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerDeepCool Gammaxx GT
    CaseRaidMax Cobra ATX-502WBG
    Power SupplySeasonic S12II 520W Bronze
    OS Windows 10 Professional x64
    Whiplash-RoG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    56

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichioROG View Post
    No problem. A lot of people seem to be having similar issues. It's hard to find anyone reporting similar idle/light load temps to those reported by reviews etc. I'm using a wraith spire and I'll never expect to see a 32c idle, nowhere near as I'm lucky if it will dip below 40c most of the time.

    Can I also direct you to this thread over on Tom's hardware as it will shed a bit more light on what's happening... https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...3498528/page-1

    It's correct that I'm running everything at stock pbo etc all left of auto in bios and I haven't enabled pbo in ryzen master.
    Any ideas?
    Not at the moment. There seems to be some question as to whether temps really are that high or are just being misreported. remember the +20C offset issue on earlier Ryzen 7 chips? it may be worth waiting for a while to see if either Asus or AMD provides an update on the issue.

  8. #1238
    ROG Enthusiast Array SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B550-f Gaming WIFI (BIOS 1202)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER Founders
    Storage #1Samsung 980Pro 1TB PCIE4 M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 970evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i RGB Platinum
    CaseCorsair 400c
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Mk2 (Cherry MX Red)
    Mouse Corsair M60 Pro
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10
    SuperRichioROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash-RoG View Post
    Not at the moment. There seems to be some question as to whether temps really are that high or are just being misreported. remember the +20C offset issue on earlier Ryzen 7 chips? it may be worth waiting for a while to see if either Asus or AMD provides an update on the issue.
    Yeah that certainly seems possible.. That said my cpu and chassis fans certainly believe those readings! Were the incorrect readings for 1000 series translating to increased fan rpm or was it just showing in monitoring tools? (I was a little late to the ryzen party originally).

    Is it worth noting that even sat in the bios my 3600 reports ~45c?

    The perks of being an early adopter ay
    Last edited by SuperRichioROG; 07-12-2019 at 12:22 PM.

  9. #1239
    ROG Enthusiast Array Whiplash-RoG PC Specs
    Whiplash-RoG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus RoG STRIX B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 4G
    Storage #1Crucial CT1000P1SSD8 P1 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe NVME
    Storage #2WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerDeepCool Gammaxx GT
    CaseRaidMax Cobra ATX-502WBG
    Power SupplySeasonic S12II 520W Bronze
    OS Windows 10 Professional x64
    Whiplash-RoG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    56

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichioROG View Post
    Yeah that certainly seems possible.. That said my cpu and chassis fans certainly believe those readings! Where the incorrect readings for 1000 series translating to increased fan rpm or was it just showing in monitoring tools? (I was a little late to the ryzen party originally).

    Is it worth noting that even sat in the bios my 3600 reports ~45c?

    The perks of being an early adopter ay
    BIOS idle temp is always high. I see about 42C in BIOS but once in Windows it normally sits in the low to mid 30's. And yes, i have consulted multiple sources which seem to agree on the temperature.

  10. #1240
    ROG Enthusiast Array SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B550-f Gaming WIFI (BIOS 1202)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER Founders
    Storage #1Samsung 980Pro 1TB PCIE4 M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 970evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i RGB Platinum
    CaseCorsair 400c
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Mk2 (Cherry MX Red)
    Mouse Corsair M60 Pro
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10
    SuperRichioROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash-RoG View Post
    BIOS idle temp is always high. I see about 42C in BIOS but once in Windows it normally sits in the low to mid 30's. And yes, i have consulted multiple sources which seem to agree on the temperature.
    Ah, well this leaves me feeling more optimistic. I'm not having idle voltage problems like others.. My idle voltage is around 0.916 - 0.927 then between 1.3-1.45 for brief periods when boosting automatically etc so nothing alarming there as everything seems to be as expected by AMD 👍

Page 124 of 146 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •