Page 137 of 145 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1449
  1. #1361
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by celab View Post
    they are all betas, still, only asrock i think ist none beta?
    so what i read is, that there is a problem. with the onboard memory of the boards for the bios. 256mb+ would be better to house all the code for all the different features and uefi gui. for example. on my b350 msi mate i tryed that beta bios out, and it got rid of some features like supprort for 2200G i think it was and the bios itself is back to old school lookalike style ^^ so i think they need to make a dessicion, implament it and loose other features and support for things.. or leave it an wait fpr the release of the b550 boards, so noone cares about these b350ties anymore. if someone wants proper support for his 3000er ryzen, then we got the b550. if someone wants to stick with his b350/450 then they are also ok to do so, without loosing anything. would make sense to me.
    well there is much more to it, but thats rouhgly what i read as it is the biggest concern (problem). not enough memory on board ^^

    page 10 in the user manual / ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING specifications summary --> 128 Mb Flash ROM
    but they should at lest give bios updates for all their b350 boards.

    the b350 prime has newer bios than the strix. and normally they both get the same bios updates.

    but they might have to issue new bios to update the microcode for AMD security issues that was released..
    Last edited by ds1this; 03-10-2020 at 11:08 AM.

  2. #1362
    ROG Enthusiast Array BtheNewB PC Specs
    BtheNewB PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B350F Gaming BIOS5603
    ProcessorRyzen 5-3600
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK16GX 4M2E16C
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
    MonitorSony Bravia 32"
    Storage #1Crucial CT275MX300
    Storage #2Corsair Neutron SSD
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 13 CO
    CaseCM690
    Power SupplySeasonic M12 750W
    Keyboard Sun Microsystems
    Mouse Redragon Mammoth
    Headset Sennheiser Game Zero
    OS Win10
    Accessory #1 some more spinner HDDs
    BtheNewB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Quote Originally Posted by celab View Post
    they are all betas, still, only asrock i think ist none beta?
    so what i read is, that there is a problem. with the onboard memory of the boards for the bios. 256mb+ would be better to house all the code for all the different features and uefi gui. for example. on my b350 msi mate i tryed that beta bios out, and it got rid of some features like supprort for 2200G i think it was and the bios itself is back to old school lookalike style ^^ so i think they need to make a dessicion, implament it and loose other features and support for things.. or leave it an wait fpr the release of the b550 boards, so noone cares about these b350ties anymore. if someone wants proper support for his 3000er ryzen, then we got the b550. if someone wants to stick with his b350/450 then they are also ok to do so, without loosing anything. would make sense to me.
    well there is much more to it, but thats rouhgly what i read as it is the biggest concern (problem). not enough memory on board ^^

    page 10 in the user manual / ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING specifications summary --> 128 Mb Flash ROM
    The loss of the full UEFI occured long before AGESA Combo 1.0.0.4 It was evident as soon as the first 3000 series support started,
    The issue here is that this Strix board was updated up to 1.0.0.3 and then it stopped which indicates that Asus has no further interest in adding the 1.0.0.4 whilst there is no technical reason for not doing it.
    My MSI B450 Gaming Plus AC has the latest Combo and I am running the 2400G on that with memory at 3200. The 2200G and 2400G are both supported and memory speeds at 3200 are accepted by using just the XMP function, so your assumption about that support is not correct.
    Although I am quite happy to continue using my Strix board with my 1600, I shall refrain from getting another Strix board for this reason alone as both Gigabyte and MSI continue to support their B350 and B450 boards whilst Asus doesn't.

  3. #1363
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    explain why the b350 prime got Version 5407 and the strix didnt.

    strix cost more then the prime........

  4. #1364
    ROG Member Array jamith PC Specs
    jamith PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX B350-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 1600
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
    Graphics Card #1PNY GeForce GTX 1060 XLR8 Gaming OC
    MonitorLG 25UM58P 25.0" 2560x1080 75Hz
    Storage #1SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB
    Storage #2WD Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
    CaseNZXT S340 ELITE BLACK + RED
    Power SupplyCorsair TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold
    Keyboard HyperX Mars RGB Mechanical
    Mouse Logitech G602 Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Extended Edition

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    New chipset update available from AMD, Revision Number 2.04.04.111.

    https://www.amd.com/en/support/chips...ocket-am4/b350

  5. #1365
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array celab PC Specs
    celab PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B550-F Gaming / BIOS 2803
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @stock speed
    Memory (part number)FlareX - F4-3200C14D-16GFX @XMP Timings
    Graphics Card #1Palit GameRock Premium 1080 @stock speed/cooling; 496.49 Drv.
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAcer Predator - XB241H
    Storage #1Seagate FireCuda 530 / 500GB NVME 1.4
    Storage #2Kingston ssd
    CPU CoolerBe Quiet - DarkRock 4
    Casefreestyle
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold
    Keyboard Razer Chroma Light
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Medium CONTROL
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD 4.20s
    OS Win11 Pro 64bit / latest
    Network RouterFibre Optic 600Mbit (sync.)
    celab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    91

    new bios 1004B

    now im angry. if you look at the date of this so called new bios you get a shock. they withhold it from rolling out for 5 month? and one day after the anouncment of the n550 they are rolling it out? this is a disgrace! this is to much for my understanding other then pure marketing reasons. if you really wanna pi of your customers, well youve done it right. should at least faked the date so its not that ovious. im out of here ..

    got a total lookdown today first time EVER after turning on the pc and leaving for breakfast. coming back after around 20 minutes the pc was not responding and even the reset switch didnt work. had to cold start the whole machiene. this NEVER happen before. i try turning off the windows power plan and see if this make any difference. im disgusted. first the delay then this. my english is not sufficient enough to express my anger. i will find out if this is bios or windows cuml. patch related.

    well it seems to be windows update related:
    https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/0...ate-get-worse/

    will uninstall this cuml update straight away. can someone try this bios out and post his findings ? thx
    Last edited by celab; 04-23-2020 at 06:46 AM.
    Orwell was an optimist

  6. #1366
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by celab View Post
    now im angry. if you look at the date of this so called new bios you get a shock. they withhold it from rolling out for 5 month? and one day after the anouncment of the n550 they are rolling it out? this is a disgrace! this is to much for my understanding other then pure marketing reasons. if you really wanna pi of your customers, well youve done it right. should at least faked the date so its not that ovious. im out of here ..

    got a total lookdown today first time EVER after turning on the pc and leaving for breakfast. coming back after around 20 minutes the pc was not responding and even the reset switch didnt work. had to cold start the whole machiene. this NEVER happen before. i try turning off the windows power plan and see if this make any difference. im disgusted. first the delay then this. my english is not sufficient enough to express my anger. i will find out if this is bios or windows cuml. patch related.

    well it seems to be windows update related:
    https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/0...ate-get-worse/

    will uninstall this cuml update straight away. can someone try this bios out and post his findings ? thx
    Hahaha you beat me to it, super surprised that they updated this board after so long.

  7. #1367
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    asus released 1004b for b350 strix, but bios date is 11/13/2019

  8. #1368
    ROG Enthusiast Array Fredy M PC Specs
    Fredy M PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WIFI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5900x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4000C16D-32GTZRA
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    MonitorDell S2721DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK-Aio Basic 360
    CasePhanteks P400A
    Power SupplySuperflower Leadex II Gold 650W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2
    Fredy M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    65

    ...updated to the latest bios 1004b and the 1600x was stuck at base freq until I enabled c-states in amd cbs menu, default is auto...so, anyone else experience this?

  9. #1369
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Question Time Sync Problem (Jump Ahead)

    Hello everyone new member here..

    Not really new with Asus's ROG lineup (use it since 2014) and I have this motherboard for around 2 years now.
    But lately I detect some issue with time sync. in the BIOS, seconds do not tick normally. But in Windows it seems normal. But after a while, the time will jump ahead. (It can jump to half hour, even one day ahead, especially after I turn Off my computer.)

    For details, please see this video:

    https://youtu.be/CNuu2eQIYsU

    My system specs:
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    Asus B350-F STRIX Gaming
    16 GB DDR4 (2x8GB kit) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 XMP
    Asus STRIX Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ~ Default Clock
    Samsung SSD 850 Evo 3 - 500GB
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - 1909

    Anyone have any advice how to solve this problem? Anyone have same issue?
    Thank you very much.

  10. #1370
    ROG Enthusiast Array Fredy M PC Specs
    Fredy M PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WIFI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5900x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4000C16D-32GTZRA
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    MonitorDell S2721DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK-Aio Basic 360
    CasePhanteks P400A
    Power SupplySuperflower Leadex II Gold 650W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2
    Fredy M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by at41man View Post
    Hello everyone new member here..

    Not really new with Asus's ROG lineup (use it since 2014) and I have this motherboard for around 2 years now.
    But lately I detect some issue with time sync. in the BIOS, seconds do not tick normally. But in Windows it seems normal. But after a while, the time will jump ahead. (It can jump to half hour, even one day ahead, especially after I turn Off my computer.)

    For details, please see this video:

    https://youtu.be/CNuu2eQIYsU

    My system specs:
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    Asus B350-F STRIX Gaming
    16 GB DDR4 (2x8GB kit) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 XMP
    Asus STRIX Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ~ Default Clock
    Samsung SSD 850 Evo 3 - 500GB
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - 1909

    Anyone have any advice how to solve this problem? Anyone have same issue?
    Thank you very much.
    you can start with the bios battery, replace it with a new one and see if does the same...and maybe try updating the bios

Page 137 of 145 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •