CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Spire RGB
    CaseCorsair 400c
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash-RoG View Post
    BIOS idle temp is always high. I see about 42C in BIOS but once in Windows it normally sits in the low to mid 30's. And yes, i have consulted multiple sources which seem to agree on the temperature.
    Ah, well this leaves me feeling more optimistic. I'm not having idle voltage problems like others.. My idle voltage is around 0.916 - 0.927 then between 1.3-1.45 for brief periods when boosting automatically etc so nothing alarming there as everything seems to be as expected by AMD 👍

ROG Member Array hazium233 PC Specs
    hazium233 PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorR5 1600
    Memory (part number)Ballistix Sport AT 2666 16gb

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichioROG View Post
    Hello all,

Here's my system spec
    Ryzen 5 3600
    Corsair LPX DDR 3200mhz CL16 @ 1.35v (xmp profile)
    Memory timings. 16, 18, 18, 36
    Asus Strix B350-F Gaming MB Bios 5008
    Asus Strix GTX 1070 O8G
    Samsung 970evo m.2 1TB
    Storage HDD 2TB
    Corsair RM650X PSU

My upgrade from R5 1600 (all other specs are the same) has gone well except the temperatures of the R5 3600 are much higher than reviewers have been reporting and I'm using a wraith spire rgb rather than the included wraith stealth. My idle temp tends to be around 38-42c with spikes to the high 40's or higher common. Max temps while gaming seem to be around 75c. There's a thread over at Tom's hardware where a few people are having the same experience.

Other than the erratic temp issue, everything seems OK. Can I ask how things are going for you?
    I wonder if our 5008 bios had the power management manipulation in it that The Stilt was talking about here in the Matisse thread.

---

I haven't seemed to have any more glaring issues with the board since I reflashed 5008 and pulled the CMOS. Maybe previous was bad flash, or I did not clear the bios adequately before.

New ROGer Array SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B350-f Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G
    Storage #1Samsung 970evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB HDD
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Spire RGB
    CaseCorsair 400c
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10

[QUOTE=hazium233;776805]I wonder if our 5008 bios had the power management manipulation in it that The Stilt was talking about here in the Matisse thread.

No idea to be honest though my gaming testing last night went great 🤷
    Mine can still behave a bit odd when being monitored on the desktop but I think that's been thoroughly explained by the AMD dude over on reddit. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about though since...

Yesterday I decided to monitor my R5 3600 with the OSD of Asus GPU tweak 2 whilst playing shadow of the tomb raider on ultra/high settings.

As expected the cpu was boosting almost constantly at 4100-4200ghz and after over an hour of playing SOTTR cpu temp maxed out at 53c... Actually cooler than my old R5 1600!

The weird reporting/temp behaviour whilst sitting at the desktop then must just be some kind of software quirk/bug to be ironed out. At least you can feel safe that if your cpu is anything like mine, it's certainly not going to throttle or melt through your desk any time soon 🎉 👍

New ROGer Array

[QUOTE=SuperRichioROG;776888]
    Quote Originally Posted by hazium233 View Post
    I wonder if our 5008 bios had the power management manipulation in it that The Stilt was talking about here in the Matisse thread.

No idea to be honest though my gaming testing last night went great 🤷
    Mine can still behave a bit odd when being monitored on the desktop but I think that's been thoroughly explained by the AMD dude over on reddit. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about though since...

Yesterday I decided to monitor my R5 3600 with the OSD of Asus GPU tweak 2 whilst playing shadow of the tomb raider on ultra/high settings.

As expected the cpu was boosting almost constantly at 4100-4200ghz and after over an hour of playing SOTTR cpu temp maxed out at 53c... Actually cooler than my old R5 1600!

The weird reporting/temp behaviour whilst sitting at the desktop then must just be some kind of software quirk/bug to be ironed out. At least you can feel safe that if your cpu is anything like mine, it's certainly not going to throttle or melt through your desk any time soon 🎉 👍
    There was someone else on Reddit who said Corsair's iCue software running in the background keeps the cores from going to sleep, which explains high idle temps. Perhaps you use iCue?

Besides Ryzen Master, CPU_Z is the only tool that can currently report voltage without waking all the cores.

Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125