CaseCooltek Jonsbo U4
    Power SupplyCorsair RM550X
    Keyboard Magicforce 68
    Mouse Roccat kone pure navel storm
    Headset Philips Fidelio X2
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Mass
    OS Windows 10 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Fredy M View Post
    I`m new here so hello everybody , I tried posting on the "hello page" but it didn`t work so...

I`m having a problem with said motherboard, it has a 1600x on it and 8Gb of LPX 3000 Mhz RAM...now the problem, if I try to set any voltage in the BIOS it does not maintain it in Windows, for example: if i try to set core ratio to 39x and vcore 1.4V (1.375+0.250 offset) in BIOS on the vcore voltage appears 1.400V (though in the right upper monitoring "thingy" it shows 1.427-1.438V) when in Windows under full load the vcore jumps to 1.450-1.472V (it`s way too high for LLC in my opinion, read with Aida 64, CPU-Z, HW Monitor, HWiNFO64) when it should be more like 1.408 or something, this is with Core Performance Boost disabled, LLC set to auto or regular, tried with memory at 2133Mhz an with DOCP enabled for 2933Mhz, nothing works.

I tried undervolting to 1.35V (1.375 - 0.0250) with 36x core ratio, just to see if i can get that in Windows correctly, and surprise it does go down(again in the right upper part of the BIOS it`s reading lower than set at 1.118-1.22) but now in Windows it doesn`t go above 1.308V which is ******* driving me crazy, with LLC on auto, Core Boost disabled, RAM at 2133, everyting else on auto/default.
    I really like the board with all it`s bells and whistles but it`s really giving me a headache.
    Anyways thanks guys, if you can help me, then I would be most grateful

I attached some screens to show the problem

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is on any version of BIOS, i tried 0902, 0811, 0809 even the one that is on the motherboard`s DVD v 0223 I think it was, all the same I can`t set the bloody voltage as I want...tried with a MSI B350 Gaming Plus and with that one the voltage is input directly not by an offset, but it`s not adaptive and it stays where you set it + little LLC. Also at stock settings the 1600x on the ASUS board, with everything on auto/default, the vcore ,in Windows jumpes to 1.5-1.55V but with the MSI never got past 1.432V
    Hello and welcome

From what I have read at the AMD forum, I believe Ryzen can have these spikes without any issues, as long as the average voltage remains under 1.4V, it might not even be the CPU that receives this voltage spikes but could be the motherbords VRM/power phases. My R5 1600X also loads up with really high stock voltage with this MB (over 1.4V). I have offset voltage set to -0.1 and SOC at 1.05 and my memory to 1.285V (stock 1.2V) and when running PRIME95 it stays under 1.3V average, but I see spikes up to 1.45V. I had an Intel I5 3570K overclocked before with an Asus Maximus V gene MB, and on that board the power values was rock solid, so I just need a little time getting used to seeing these spikes.

ROG Enthusiast Array Fredy M PC Specs
    Fredy M PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WIFI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5900x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4000C16D-32GTZRA
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    MonitorDell S2721DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK-Aio Basic 360
    CasePhanteks P400A
    Power SupplySuperflower Leadex II Gold 650W
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by [T3MP] View Post
    Hello and welcome

From what I have read at the AMD forum, I believe Ryzen can have these spikes without any issues, as long as the average voltage remains under 1.4V, it might not even be the CPU that receives this voltage spikes but could be the motherbords VRM/power phases. My R5 1600X also loads up with really high stock voltage with this MB (over 1.4V). I have offset voltage set to -0.1 and SOC at 1.05 and my memory to 1.285V (stock 1.2V) and when running PRIME95 it stays under 1.3V average, but I see spikes up to 1.45V. I had an Intel I5 3570K overclocked before with an Asus Maximus V gene MB, and on that board the power values was rock solid, so I just need a little time getting used to seeing these spikes.
    Thanks,

...so the spikes are OK-ish on this board but still it bothers me that I can`t set a voltage from BIOS, one that would stick in Windows, I would like to punch in an offset and that vcore to be roughly the same in Windows just like in this video with the Crosshair VI (I know that it`s a way better and expensive board but still) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBmVf0S4UDs&t=916s

Anyways thanks for the help, I`ll try to RMA it and I`ll come back with results on CPU and RAM speeds

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F BIOS 5843
    ProcessorR5 5600X Stock
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3200MHz 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorBenQ EW2480
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2MX500 SATA 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W Gold
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 20H2

Thanks,

...so the spikes are OK-ish on this board but still it bothers me that I can`t set a voltage from BIOS, one that would stick in Windows, I would like to punch in an offset and that vcore to be roughly the same in Windows just like in this video with the Crosshair VI (I know that it`s a way better and expensive board but still) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBmVf0S4UDs&t=916s

Anyways thanks for the help, I`ll try to RMA it and I`ll come back with results on CPU and RAM speeds
    Voltage is not a issue it is the way this platform has been designed to operate don't compare it with intel becs it is different. If You are RMAing it just for the voltage issue your problem will not be solved. Better switch to Intel.
    P-state overclocking was there up to 0811 bios. It has been removed from 0902 bios because it is not worth and it may cause damage to mobo (soft) in wrong hands. Previously when I bought this mobo I had a bad feeling regarding voltage as well. I have also tested it with different p-state vs normal overclock and again I have seen no benefit at all for p-state specially between 0811 to 0902. Again AMD does not recommend core parking which should be for a reason. this cpu draws required amount of voltage as per their load and it steps down to lower voltage when idle even at same clocl speed (not like intel and it is a part of SenseMI). You can read more articles on to get better understanding on Ryzen but it is normal to see 1.40-1.51 spikes and it will not kill your cpu as per my knowledge i have gathered so far.
    Not comfortable at all? then switch to intel platform.
    Last edited by AniChatt; 10-04-2017 at 06:45 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Fredy M PC Specs
    Fredy M PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WIFI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5900x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4000C16D-32GTZRA
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    MonitorDell S2721DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK-Aio Basic 360
    CasePhanteks P400A
    Power SupplySuperflower Leadex II Gold 650W
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Voltage is not a issue it is the way this platform has been designed to operate don't compare it with intel becs it is different. If You are RMAing it just for the voltage issue your problem will not be solved. Better switch to Intel.
    P-state overclocking was there up to 0811 bios. It has been removed from 0902 bios because it is not worth and it may cause damage to mobo (soft) in wrong hands. Previously when I bought this mobo I had a bad feeling regarding voltage as well. I have also tested it with different p-state vs normal overclock and again I have seen no benefit at all for p-state specially between 0811 to 0902. Again AMD does not recommend core parking which should be for a reason. this cpu draws required amount of voltage as per their load and it steps down to lower voltage when idle even at same clocl speed (not like intel and it is a part of SenseMI). You can read more articles on to get better understanding on Ryzen but it is normal to see 1.40-1.51 spikes and it will not kill your cpu as per my knowledge i have gathered so far.
    Not comfortable at all? then switch to intel platform.
    Thanks mate, I really apreciate the help, I know it`s not Intel, I sort of made my peace with the vcore spikes but my problem is that i cannot set any voltage offset at all, it only has "one option" and that is for me 1.450-1.472, why my motherboard doesn`t save the voltage that i punch in in the BIOS and gives me more in Windows (+0.050-0.070V from what I set in BIOS), that is my main problem, here is a guy that from what he posted for him the manual offset is working, and from what i read here these offsets work for you guys too http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...rix-b350f.html

I`ve read about the pre 25th week bug on the Ryzen CPUs, but that was on Linux, could that be the issue?!, since mine is UA 1716SUT , the CPU might be the issue and I`m here busting my ... and yours with the motherboard being the problem...

Anyways, if any of you guys that have a 1600x on this motherboard could you please check these settings, so I don`t hassle with the RMA for nothing, I would be most grateful, so...set the core ratio at 38x (so it doesn`t crash in full load, but still above stock speed) and the vcore offset to +0.0250, that should give you 1.4V in BIOS, CPU and SoC LLC set to regular or even auto, Core Performance disabled, boot to Windows and take a voltage reading with CPU-Z, Aida 64, HWiNFO 64 at full load and tell me what yours spits out in terms of voltage,

Thanks guys,
    I`ll have to take you all out for beer
    Last edited by Fredy M; 10-04-2017 at 01:56 PM.

New ROGer Array [T3MP] PC Specs
    [T3MP] PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD R5 1600X (stock for now)
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 2800CL16@2933MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus AMD R9 290X DCII
    Sound CardAune mini USB DAC
    MonitorDELL U2311H
    Storage #1512GB Crucial M550 2.5" SSD
    Storage #21TB HGST 7200RPM 32MB cache 2.5" HDD
    CPU CoolerThermalright True Spirit 140 Direct
    CaseCooltek Jonsbo U4
    Power SupplyCorsair RM550X
    Keyboard Magicforce 68
    Mouse Roccat kone pure navel storm
    Headset Philips Fidelio X2
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Mass
    OS Windows 10 64bit

Did the test :)

Thanks mate, I really apreciate the help, I know it`s not Intel, I sort of made my peace with the vcore spikes but my problem is that i cannot set any voltage offset at all, it only has "one option" and that is for me 1.450-1.472, why my motherboard doesn`t save the voltage that i punch in in the BIOS and gives me more in Windows (+0.050-0.070V from what I set in BIOS), that is my main problem, here is a guy that from what he posted for him the manual offset is working, and from what i read here these offsets work for you guys too http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...rix-b350f.html

I`ve read about the pre 25th week bug on the Ryzen CPUs, but that was on Linux, could that be the issue?!, since mine is UA 1716SUT , the CPU might be the issue and I`m here busting my ... and yours with the motherboard being the problem...

Anyways, if any of you guys that have a 1600x on this motherboard could you please check these settings, so I don`t hassle with the RMA for nothing, I would be most grateful, so...set the core ratio at 38x (so it doesn`t crash in full load, but still above stock speed) and the vcore offset to +0.0250, that should give you 1.4V in BIOS, CPU and SoC LLC set to regular or even auto, Core Performance disabled, boot to Windows and take a voltage reading with CPU-Z, Aida 64, HWiNFO 64 at full load and tell me what yours spits out in terms of voltage,

Thanks guys,
    I have an R5 1600X and I just did the test. But first what power plan are you using? use "High performance" and I use AMD`s chip-set drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    I used to have "balanced" and that´s where I saw these high spikes, I think the black out screen/USB disconnect and PC not responding and having to be shut down by power off button , might be because of that power plan, as I in HWinfo64 would have minimum power use for CPU at 2.5W while using "High performance" profile have minimum CPU power at 10W.

Back to the test, I ran it with your setting (SOC I left at 1.05V) and did an 8min blend test in Prime95 (100% CPU usage) and got the following values:
    CPU-Z : 1.406V - 1.417V stable from boot to exit Windows (10).
    HWiNFO64:
    CPU core voltage (Under CPU (Tdie)): 1.356V average, 1.394V Max
    VDDCR CPU: 1.393V average, 1.439V Max.

When you set Offset voltage in BIOS (try offset voltage - (minus value), and (in the Auto field type) 0.10000V) and boot into BIOS after "save and reset" what value is VDDCR CPU voltage at in the box besides where you set VDDCR CPU Voltage?
    Last edited by [T3MP]; 10-04-2017 at 04:14 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array DsAMD PC Specs
    DsAMD PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix b350-f gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @ 4.25 ghz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 3600 2x8gb
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC
    Sound CardN/A
    MonitorSamsung 32" 144hz 1440p
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    Storage #24TB Toshiba 7200 rpm 6gb/s
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S Silent Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair cx650m
    Keyboard Logitech G915
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Qck Gaming Surface - Medium Thick Cloth
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333 2.1 Speakers
    OS Win 10 Pro, 1909
    Network RouterTP-Link AC4000

Issues when I reboot/ strange over voltage

I have a 1600 and I am currently on the 0809 BIOS and when I boot into the BIOS (when I can) I noticed that the voltage for the CPU floats in between 1.3 and 1.4 and this is on default settings. Why is the voltage so high? Not a huge deal since I would over volt anyways to acheive my OC but thought that was strange. This is even before I even apply any OC settings.

I then OC to 3.825 and OC the RAM to 2666 using the DOCP and sometimes when I reboot all I get is a black screen. I can power completely down, shut off at the PSU level, let it sit for a while and power it back up, and I get the black screen. Then sometimes it will boot into Windows but it will completely skip out on the step to hit F2 or delete to enter the BIOS. Just boots straight to Windows. It doesn't matter if I spam the buttons the whole time. Only after like 10 reboot attempts do I get lucky and get a chance to go in the BIOS but most of the time it is just black screen. So my reboot ratio breaks down like this:

7 out of 10 times = black screen
    2 out of 10 times = straight to windows
    1 out of 10 times = actually see the BIOS option

How can I fix this? I am in a love/hate relationship with this board because its perks are awesome but it has been just one headache after another. I've never had this much trouble with an Asus board before ever.
    Last edited by DsAMD; 10-05-2017 at 02:44 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Equinox187 PC Specs
    Equinox187 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 3600
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL'S Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070
    Storage #1Viper VPN100 512GB nvme
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop
    Power SupplyEVGA 650w Gold Modular
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by DsAMD View Post
    I have a 1600 and I am currently on the 0809 BIOS and when I boot into the BIOS (when I can) I noticed that the voltage for the CPU floats in between 1.3 and 1.4 and this is on default settings. Why is the voltage so high? Not a huge deal since I would over volt anyways to acheive my OC but thought that was strange. This is even before I even apply any OC settings.

I then OC to 3.825 and OC the RAM to 2666 using the DOCP and sometimes when I reboot all I get is a black screen. I can power completely down, shut off at the PSU level, let it sit for a while and power it back up, and I get the black screen. Then sometimes it will boot into Windows but it will completely skip out on the step to hit F2 or delete to enter the BIOS. Just boots straight to Windows. It doesn't matter if I spam the buttons the whole time. Only after like 10 reboot attempts do I get lucky and get a chance to go in the BIOS but most of the time it is just black screen. So my reboot ratio breaks down like this:

How can I fix this? I am in a love/hate relationship with this board because its perks are awesome but it has been just one headache after another. I've never had this much trouble with an Asus board before ever.
    I have the same CPU though my board is updated to the latest bios 0902, voltage spikes at stock are not unusual and i got the same also and this is down to core performance boost as i found at stock 2 of my cores would bounce between 3.6 and 4.0 for short periods and the volts would spike to 1.5v for a fraction of a second, However voltage stabilised when i started to manually OC, the settings bellow are what i use on the CPU and ram and it results in the cpu never going over 1.3v at 3.8GHz.

CPU Core Ratio: 38.00

VDDCR CPU Voltage: Offset mode

VDDCR CPU Offset Mode Sign: +

VDDCR CPU Offset Voltage: 0.03750

Core Performance Boost: Disabled / Off

LLC: Auto

and for ram

D.O.C.P: Set

VDDCR SOC Voltage: set at 1.100V (for most boards will set this when DOCP is set)

DRAM Voltage: 1.350V ( again this should auto set based on DOCP but depends on ram )

These settings work well for me but it depends on what ram you have and its power and what settings you have. so what settings have you got for the following:

CPU Core Ratio:

VDDCR CPU Voltage:

VDDCR CPU Offset Mode Sign:

VDDCR CPU Offset Voltage:

Core Performance Boost:

LLC:

and for ram

D.O.C.P:

VDDCR SOC Voltage:

DRAM Voltage:

AniChatt PC Specs
    ProcessorR5 5600X Stock
    MonitorBenQ EW2480
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 20H2

Quote Originally Posted by DsAMD View Post

Yes I have the same type of feeling when I completed my ryzen setup for the first time with this board and spend almost 1.5 month to troubleshoot. But finally arrieved to a conclusion that it is not the fault of the mobo. Yes this platform needs some more work to work perfect like current intel platform and that is for sure.

Just tell me if you are getting black screen when everything is at absolute default or not? And I would request to test the same thing with 0811 and 0902 bios one after another. Pls use latest chipset driver from amd only not asus and run a single monitoring software in windows even remove aisuite. Use your latest gpu driver, latest audio driver, chipset driver and remove anything else just to make sure and follow the process of elimination. If you found this ok then step by step apply oc.

My 1600x works at 38.5x @ 1.375 (Default) - 0.0250 = 1.350v VDDCR and it is not a silicon lottery becs it can not do 40x at less than 1.425 vddcr. Regarding default voltage if you are not used to it then switch off Core performance boost and the voltage you are getting in bios is absolutely normal don't be scared.

Update your findings.....O forgot to mention pls do not change CSM compatibility module (BOOT MENU) from Enable to auto or disable. PLEASE MAKE IT ENABLED AND IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.

AniChatt PC Specs
    ProcessorR5 5600X Stock
    MonitorBenQ EW2480
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 20H2

Thanks guys,
    Oks that was my thread in tomshardware back then when I was struggling with many problems and eventually sorted out one after another. I will post some pics of HWinfo with prime 95 just to show you.
    My oc is, 38.5x @ 1.350 VDDCR when load the Mobo VDDCr is 1.41 (max) but fluctuates a lot and actual ryzen core volt is 1.356v max as per HWinfo. With 0902 bios HWinfo showing more accurate measurements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	67905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	67906

ROG Enthusiast Array DsAMD PC Specs
    DsAMD PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix b350-f gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @ 4.25 ghz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 3600 2x8gb
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC
    Sound CardN/A
    MonitorSamsung 32" 144hz 1440p
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    Storage #24TB Toshiba 7200 rpm 6gb/s
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S Silent Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair cx650m
    Keyboard Logitech G915
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Qck Gaming Surface - Medium Thick Cloth
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333 2.1 Speakers
    OS Win 10 Pro, 1909
    Network RouterTP-Link AC4000

Quote Originally Posted by nyihtway View Post
    So far with the issues reported here, my question is "is it safe to update the bios version 8011 or should i just stick with 0809"? Can you let me know your thoughts?
    If everything is working for you I would NOT update the BIOS. The only time you should ever update a BIOS is if something is broken and it has been reported that the BIOS update fixes your issue. When it comes to BIOS flash always adhere to the rule If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it!

Page 28 of 142 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast