Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130
Results 1,291 to 1,292 of 1292
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichioROG View Post
    my 3600 was always boosting to around 4.1-4.2ghz and pulling in around 1.38-1.41v.
    Are those all core boost numbers? Because again, on the linked reddit post it says that the max voltage for all core boost is just around 1.325. And discussion around electromigration scares me as it is a gradual degradation of the cpu and might die earlier than expected. With such high voltage, sure it might be running well right now but will it run the same a year from now?

Here's the reddit post again: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...en_2_is_1325v/

New ROGer Array SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B350-f Gaming (BIOS 5008)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G
    Storage #1Samsung 970evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB HDD
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Spire RGB
    CaseCorsair 400c
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Mk2 (Cherry MX Red)
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by mj_dijamco View Post
    Are those all core boost numbers? Because again, on the linked reddit post it says that the max voltage for all core boost is just around 1.325. And discussion around electromigration scares me as it is a gradual degradation of the cpu and might die earlier than expected. With such high voltage, sure it might be running well right now but will it run the same a year from now?

Here's the reddit post again: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...en_2_is_1325v/
    Sorry those were all CPU core voltage numbers under normal load. As I say I run everything stock, not pushing for any overclocks etc just to be clear.
    That said I just ran a stress test in CPUZ whilst watching voltages for each core in HWMonitor and voltage for individual cores were pulling up to 1.4v then stabilised at around 1.331v across all cores after a few seconds. HWMonitor is one of the monitoring tools that seems to cause cores to wake from sleep state and boost unnecessarily however so I'm not sure how useful those numbers are.

There's a lot of misinformation still floating around regarding the 3000 series as I'm sure you've seen, from people panicking over normal boost behaviours/temps to people setting undervolts causing stability issues or 'unexplained' loss of performance. It's been really frustrating as an early adopter but thankfully Robert Hallock (AMD Robert on Reddit) has been engaging with and updating the community quite regularly. The only information I stake my system on at this point is from AMD themselves...at the end of the day they're the guys who'll be replacing the CPU if there's any issues!
    Last edited by SuperRichioROG; 08-18-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130