ProcessorRyzen 3600
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL'S Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070
    Storage #1Viper VPN100 512GB nvme
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop
    Power SupplyEVGA 650w Gold Modular
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by newls1 View Post
    super weird issue with this board guys, need assistance please! Any kind of manual OC on this board sets my cpu to 1.35ghz, even thought in the bios reads (for example) if I set a 4ghz OC, inside bios shows 4ghz.. Reboot, post screen shows 4ghz, but in windows its a steady 1.35ghz STEADY. Yes, im on high performance power plan, etc... If I go back into bios and use TPUII OC setting, pc posts and 100000% stable @ 3.75ghz. I know this chip has WAY more in it, but as soon as I set a OC WITHOUT using TPUII, all i get is 1.35ghz. What am I missing???? If it matters, cooling is NOT of a concern here at all. CPU is on a full highend water loop from parts I had laying around.
    Sounds like the issue you are having is the same I got when windows 10 Pro updated to the latest version, so are you running the latest version of windows 10 pro 1709? if so the issue is with windows, in 1709 they changed a registry setting that forces a CPU state so even if you are OCed in the bios and you have high performance in power settings it always runs at close to default and never the OC. I posted about it some time back in this thread when the windows 10 fall update came out but i will copy in my findings and a fix for the issue bellow.

The following might apply to you if you have just updated to latest version of windows 10 ver 1709 and it was a issue that bugged me for a few hours as i tracked down a fix.

So my PC is over clocked to 3.8GHz and set so it should always be this regardless of use and let the power drop when in idle and this worked perfectly in the old version of windows 10 it always reported it as 3.79GHz, however after the update to version 1709 of windows 10 even though the base speed reflected my OC the actual speed was only 3.26GHz and even under 100% prime load would only go to a max of 3.65GHz rather than running at the 3.8GHz as before and would fluctuate a lot ( and yes windows was set to high performance and also tried AMD power setting ), what tipped me to this was lower FPS in games and terrible stuttering in games and general programs.

After some searching on the internet I traced the issue to a registry setting specifically AmdPPM, on the old version of windows 10 AmdPPM start was set to 4 ( Disabled ) but in the new version this is set to 3 ( Enabled ) and so forcing windows not to use 100% of the CPU even if you have the power profile set to high performance 100%.

Below is where to find the option in the registry but before you mess with it be careful or back up first.

Open the registry and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\AmdPPM then set the 'Start' value to '4' then reboot

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox187 View Post
    Sounds like the issue you are having is the same I got when windows 10 Pro updated to the latest version, so are you running the latest version of windows 10 pro 1709? if so the issue is with windows, in 1709 they changed a registry setting that forces a CPU state so even if you are OCed in the bios and you have high performance in power settings it always runs at close to default and never the OC. I posted about it some time back in this thread when the windows 10 fall update came out but i will copy in my findings and a fix for the issue bellow.

The following might apply to you if you have just updated to latest version of windows 10 ver 1709 and it was a issue that bugged me for a few hours as i tracked down a fix.

So my PC is over clocked to 3.8GHz and set so it should always be this regardless of use and let the power drop when in idle and this worked perfectly in the old version of windows 10 it always reported it as 3.79GHz, however after the update to version 1709 of windows 10 even though the base speed reflected my OC the actual speed was only 3.26GHz and even under 100% prime load would only go to a max of 3.65GHz rather than running at the 3.8GHz as before and would fluctuate a lot ( and yes windows was set to high performance and also tried AMD power setting ), what tipped me to this was lower FPS in games and terrible stuttering in games and general programs.

After some searching on the internet I traced the issue to a registry setting specifically AmdPPM, on the old version of windows 10 AmdPPM start was set to 4 ( Disabled ) but in the new version this is set to 3 ( Enabled ) and so forcing windows not to use 100% of the CPU even if you have the power profile set to high performance 100%.

Below is where to find the option in the registry but before you mess with it be careful or back up first.

Open the registry and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\AmdPPM then set the 'Start' value to '4' then reboot
    Thank you SO MUCH for this.... I will certainly try this when i get off shift tomorrow morning!

Thanks

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by newls1 View Post
    Thank you SO MUCH for this.... I will certainly try this when i get off shift tomorrow morning!

Thanks
    That helped a lot! Thank you sir. That stopped the speed fluctuations in windows. Now it stays at a constant 3.75ghz.. appreciate that trick!

New ROGer Array

Unable to access BIOS

Hi,

I've built, 4 or 5 days ago, a new pc:

Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler
    Asus ROG Strix b350-F Gaming
    G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3200c16d-16GVK (16 gb in 2x8Gb sticks)
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080 windforce 3 OC
    Toshiba a300 3 Tb (unfortunately no SSD for now...)
    PSU XFX TS 750W 80+ gold (not modular, but my case keeps the unused cables hidden)
    4x 120mm coolong fans (2 PMW), one of them is to be replaced for 2x140mm for fresh air intake (still awaiting for them to arrive).
    All of the components are new.

The PC is meant for be my kid's gaming PC (money he saved, I had to chip in for a couple thousand euros), but the thrill of chosing parts and building it was mine!

It booted straight away. First thing I did was a BIOS update for the motherboard, with the latest available file (October 27th, or something like it), and then a fresh windows 10 pro install, UEFI via a USB booting pen.

I did install chipset driver (first the one available via Asus website, version 17.10, and later version 17.30, from AMD site). Ryzen power balanced scheme selected in windows.

Tried a few stress tests, includind a Memtest86 full (4 passes, about 3 hours total), that resulted in no errors. Stable in prime95 (for about 15 minutes, but a bit hot...), Asus RealBench, Cinebench, CPUZ stress test, all with success.

Then, I started tweaking it.

First, memory overclock. Via AUTO DOCP, the motherboard recognized the 3200 mhz speed of my kit, but didn't boot (motherboard speaker beeped as hell!!!). However, 2933 or 3066 booted without any problem with the same timings of 3200 mhz (16-16-16-36). I did a couple tries, including lowering timings in 3066mhz, with mixed results. No 3200 Mhz, for now, isn't that bad, as a 3066 mhz dual rank (my kit) is supposedly faster than a 3200 mhz single rank. I still have to play with geardownMode and 1T/2T, tweaking VSOC voltage and Memory voltage, and the likes.

I also OC the processor, for 3700 mhz, being able to undervolt it for a bit, and it appeared to be stable, but I haven't been able to fully test it (temps in Prime95 around 72º max after 15 minutes test - and I still haven't got proper intake case fans)

But what is really bugging me is that, when I reboot, for most of the times I just can't get to bios... When I reboot, It goes straight to Windows. I disabled, in windows, the fast boot; in bios I enabled the fast boot but with a 3 second delay, but the fact is that, when I turn on my PC, there is no Asus ROG logo asking to press del or f2 to get to bios. If I start pressing del or F2 as soon as I turn on my pc, the led that is between the processor and the memory slots remains solid green (after cicling the other colours, dont't quite remember the order), and nothing else happens - have to reset it. If I don't press any button, it goes straight to windows. Most of the time, I have to manually clear bios (unplug PSU, remove BIOS battery, "short" the 2 pins in the MOBO, and wait for a few minutes), so I can access the bios.

Also, when in windows, when it enters in power save mode, with off screen, it doesn't wake up again - I have to reset it.

This two situations are what are bugging me, and any help would be highly apreciated!

PS: Sorry for my long post, and for my not so good English...

ROG Member Array

Hi @Nelson Gomes!
    I have the same kit as yours G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3200c16d-16GVK 2x8GB.
    It works fine at 3066Mhz the most, 16-16-16-36 1,35 volts via the DOCP profile. With the two older Bioses (0806 and 0902) it worked at 2933Mhz only at 1,35 volts via the DOCP profile. I spent so much time to try set it but I didn't succeed to set the kit to work at 3200Mhz - Samsung D-Die dual rank modules as you wrote (I checked them with thaiphoon program).
    I don't have your issue not to get to Bios. After the beep sound I press Del and F2 repeatedly I get easy Bios.
    I set Fast Boot - Enabled
    Second setting - Boot something - Normal
    In the Boot section. These are the default settings to the Bios.

ROG Enthusiast Array DsAMD PC Specs
    DsAMD PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix b350-f gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @ 4.25 ghz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 3600 2x8gb
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC
    Sound CardN/A
    MonitorSamsung 32" 144hz 1440p
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    Storage #24TB Toshiba 7200 rpm 6gb/s
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S Silent Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair cx650m
    Keyboard Logitech G915
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Qck Gaming Surface - Medium Thick Cloth
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333 2.1 Speakers
    OS Win 10 Pro, 1909
    Network RouterTP-Link AC4000

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Gomes View Post
    Hi,
    ans)

But what is really bugging me is that, when I reboot, for most of the times I just can't get to bios... When I reboot, It goes straight to Windows. I disabled, in windows, the fast boot; in bios I enabled the fast boot but with a 3 second delay, but the fact is that, when I turn on my PC, there is no Asus ROG logo asking to press del or f2 to get to bios. If I start pressing del or F2 as soon as I turn on my pc, the led that is between the processor and the memory slots remains solid green (after cicling the other colours, dont't quite remember the order), and nothing else happens - have to reset it. If I don't press any button, it goes straight to windows. Most of the time, I have to manually clear bios (unplug PSU, remove BIOS battery, "short" the 2 pins in the MOBO, and wait for a few minutes), so I can access the bios.

Also, when in windows, when it enters in power save mode, with off screen, it doesn't wake up again - I have to reset it.

This two situations are what are bugging me, and any help would be highly apreciated!

PS: Sorry for my long post, and for my not so good English...
    Welcome to the club my friend. I haven't been able to solve not being able to get into the BIOS consistently either. I found that if you shut the PC off, unplug it and let it sit for 10 minutes and power it back on you will usually get the message to press delete or F2 to get into the BIOS.

I probably wouldn't go higher that 3.7 on your CPU with that stock cooler. Asus actually has a great Stress test on their RealBench software. Its more real world as your PC will see it as handbrake, blender, and other real world sofware. If you can run their stress test for 2 hours using up all of your RAM then by all means dub thy OC stable. I remember when I first started trying to OC my 1600 I was able to run Aida64 for 8 hours with my OC at 3.9 and then I went to render a 1080p movie in handbrake and it crashed my system halfway through. Point is those generic stress tester are pretty worthless.

New ROGer Array

Thanks, @DsAMD and @Corecom, for your replies.

What is bothering me is, when I press repeatedly F2 or Del when booting, the green led stays on (the one between my processor and memory nodules), and my PC won't boot so far. This green led always on has to mean some kind of error code (I've read around that orange/amber means memory timing error, if I recall correctly), something that isn't working properly - but I haven't been able to figure it out already. I've read the motherboard user manual, and I've googled around, and I still don't know what each of the led colours mean (red, orange, white and green) - It could be a idea to troubleshhot my system, but no adicional info is available.

Any of you know what each of the colours means?

Thanks in advance,

New ROGer Array

Unstable XMP (G.Skill Flare-X)

Hey guys, i just wanted to ask, if anyone is having similar instability issues like i am/was having with...

Asus Rog strix B350f with
    G.Skill Flare X 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
    (ryzen 5 1600)

Since i bought the components two weeks ago, i have been having instability issues (that i found out was caused by Kingston HyperX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, did have errors in memtest after running like 6 passes while XMP was enabled, because i didnt have enough time to test it further to see if the memtest errors was due to unstable OC or bad ram, i returned them and picked up G.Skill Flare-X's)

But the problem with memtest errors persisted even with g.skills (@3200MHz)

Then i tried to test each module separately and they both went thru 8 passes just fine (after that i stopped the test manually, but i run them @ 2933MHz

Then i proceeded with testing both RAM @ 2933MHz and again, 12 hours no errors.

NOTE: the errors always appeared between 2-4MB of the ram (i did get advice from memtest staff that it could be caused due to some bios errors?)

Can i consider my RAM being stable now? Plus any advice from more experianced users on how to run my memory @ 3200MHz stable? (or what could i try testing to run them like that?)

Any help appreciated!!

ROG Member Array

Your G.Skill Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX kit must be with Samsung B-Die Single Rank modules - that's the information I get on Internet.
    From all I read on Internet and our local forums you must achieve easely 3200Mhz completely stable at CL14 and 1,35 volts.
    Did you try to raise the voltage to 1,38 volts for example? Or try to load the DOCP profile but lower to 2933/3066Mhz your setting for CL14 and 1,35 volts and test for stability?
    I tryed many thing to achieve 3200Mhz on my G.Skill dual rank modules kit but I didn't succeed.
    Try to load DOCP profile but lower the settings at 3200Mhz to 16-16-16-36 as the cheapest kits G.Skill CL16 and test again for stability. Please write here what are the results it you try any advice.
    Do you use memory Slot 2 and Slot 4 at the motherboard as the written in the motherboard guide?

New ROGer Array TheRedMango PC Specs
    TheRedMango PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS B350-F Strix Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 5 1600
    Memory (part number)Corsair 2 x 8gb
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980
    MonitorBenQ XL2430T
    Storage #1SanDisk SSD 128gb
    Storage #22TB Black Drive
    CPU CoolerCustom Water
    CaseFractal Design C TG
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 GC
    Keyboard Corsair K30
    Mouse R.A.T 3
    Mouse Pad Roccat Taito
    OS Windows 10

New issue now...

Hello everyone,

So i managed to get my system stable in regard to the black screen, loss of I/O & Usb power etc using only aida64 for sensors and running default bios.

I now have another issue.. randomly the motherboard temperature sensor will go to -73 degrees, and rarely so will the cpu sensor, also certain fans will stop running and I've just had my water pump stop running too.

A simple reboot solves the issue and it only tends to happen whats its been on for a few hours and had a bit of use.

any suggestions are welcome, I have changed my Q-Fan settings so that the fans are in DC mode which will hopefully sort my fan problem but I'm more concerned about my water pump?

Page 37 of 141 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast