Page 42 of 141 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Nothing changed with 3203, just another bios for me. Still 3200 on flarex not working most of the time. For my 1600x cpu voltage spikes are there up to 1.50v but I don't care because I am running my usual oc of 38.5x at 1.35v achieved through same -ve offset of 0.0250.
    After a large number of tries and not being able to boot at 3200Mhz with my G.skill d-die dual rank, I exchanged them for a kit with Samsung B-die, Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack 3600C16, same 2x8Gb, but single rank, that I caught in a flash sale in a store nearby (for like only 20€ more than my old ones). With this kit (the same b-die that you have), I'm running them at 3200C14, SOC at 1.05V and DRAM at 1.37V - used the latest Ryzen Dram Calculator Ryzen 0.9.9 V6, safe settings @3200, with the only change being a slight bump over recommended dram voltage (1,375). You should try it. I was also able to use them in fast setetings, but with geardown mode enabled, with a bit more mem voltage (some timings were tightened). AIDA reports memory bandwidth around 50250, and latency 71 (with geardownmode disabled, latency was around 69, but errors occured when tested in HCI memory tester).

Regarding not being able to boot to bios, when my pc is connected via HDMI cable to my screen, 100% of the times I see the message asking to press f2 or del to enter bios. When connected via display port, it's whenever it wants. But I found a trick, when it's connected via display port - before the bip when I power it up, I press repeatedly del, and after the beep, the mobo keeps it's green led on. I, then, press ctrl+alt+del, and it reboots, and this second time the message to press f2 to enter bios is there.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by sethiol View Post
    I have had this motherboard for just over a week. You can see my posts on here:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post687552

and a thread I started over at tenforums:
    https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crash...tes-later.html

It has been challenging, but hopefully my pains and the fixes I have come to find will help others.

Now my question is this: is anyone else running a NZXT Kraken x52 on their board? How/where did you plug the AIO pump connection onto the motherboard? What BIOS settings did you change? Just curious. At the moment, I have the pump plugged into the CPU Fan header or else the system wont start because it doesnt detect a CPU HSF being used. Which isnt a big issue, but it makes the AIO header pointless.
    Regarding your black screen after sleep, try disabling C-states in BIOS (Advanced - CBS) - Had the same problem, but disapeared when disabling c-states.

ROG Enthusiast Array DsAMD PC Specs
    DsAMD PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix b350-f gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @ 4.25 ghz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 3600 2x8gb
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC
    Sound CardN/A
    MonitorSamsung 32" 144hz 1440p
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    Storage #24TB Toshiba 7200 rpm 6gb/s
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S Silent Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair cx650m
    Keyboard Logitech G915
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Qck Gaming Surface - Medium Thick Cloth
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333 2.1 Speakers
    OS Win 10 Pro, 1909
    Network RouterTP-Link AC4000

[QUOTE=Regarding not being able to boot to bios, when my pc is connected via HDMI cable to my screen, 100% of the times I see the message asking to press f2 or del to enter bios. When connected via display port, it's whenever it wants. But I found a trick, when it's connected via display port - before the bip when I power it up, I press repeatedly del, and after the beep, the mobo keeps it's green led on. I, then, press ctrl+alt+del, and it reboots, and this second time the message to press f2 to enter bios is there.[/QUOTE]

I have used nothing but the HDMI connection and do not get the BIOS message unless I unplug the PC for at least 5 minutes. I like to wait at least 10 minutes because sometimes even 5 minutes doesn't do it. I can't really complain too much though as this has been the only real headache I faced with this board.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3200MHz 2x8GB 1.35v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1M.2 960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2M.2 MX500 SATA 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1909

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Gomes View Post
    After a large number of tries and not being able to boot at 3200Mhz with my G.skill d-die dual rank, I exchanged them for a kit with Samsung B-die, Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack 3600C16, same 2x8Gb, but single rank, that I caught in a flash sale in a store nearby (for like only 20€ more than my old ones). With this kit (the same b-die that you have), I'm running them at 3200C14, SOC at 1.05V and DRAM at 1.37V - used the latest Ryzen Dram Calculator Ryzen 0.9.9 V6, safe settings @3200, with the only change being a slight bump over recommended dram voltage (1,375). You should try it. I was also able to use them in fast setetings, but with geardown mode enabled, with a bit more mem voltage (some timings were tightened). AIDA reports memory bandwidth around 50250, and latency 71 (with geardownmode disabled, latency was around 69, but errors occured when tested in HCI memory tester).

Regarding not being able to boot to bios, when my pc is connected via HDMI cable to my screen, 100% of the times I see the message asking to press f2 or del to enter bios. When connected via display port, it's whenever it wants. But I found a trick, when it's connected via display port - before the bip when I power it up, I press repeatedly del, and after the beep, the mobo keeps it's green led on. I, then, press ctrl+alt+del, and it reboots, and this second time the message to press f2 to enter bios is there.
    1. RAM: Thanks for the info. But it seems that your RAM oc is not stable as it is showing error during memory test. I have not used Ryzen dram calculator so will give it a try. But I have seen that with 1.37v, 1.15v soc, 48ohm proc odt and entering manually all the timing as per ram spd info the stability increase for 3200 but not 100% stable. Windows boots but there are worker stop issue. Since your system is showing error in memory test why you are using 3200? It may cause data corruption.
    2. BIOS: recently changed my gpu from strix gtx 970 to aurous 1080 and changed the cable to display port. Rarely I have seen duing boot the system skips the boot screen specially during bios rest followed by restart. But this problem I have seen rarely.

New ROGer Array

AI Suite 3

If you are experiencing issues with your machine hard locking with a black screen, and you have to pull the power plug or shut off the power supply to fix the issue. Try Uninstalling the AI SUITE 3. I would crash after a few hours and once I completely uninstalled and restarted my machine, I haven't experienced a single crash.

New ROGer Array

@AniChatt:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My RAM is perfectly sytable @3200C14 with safe settings (from Ryzen Dram Calculator). When I tighten timims (as per fast settings in Dram calculator), it's stable if I enable geardown mode - the calculator suggests geardonw mode disabled, and I can boot and run Aida64, with better scores, but memory isn't stable, but with geardown mode enabled, it's stable.

AniChatt PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1909

@AniChatt:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My RAM is perfectly sytable @3200C14 with safe settings (from Ryzen Dram Calculator). When I tighten timims (as per fast settings in Dram calculator), it's stable if I enable geardown mode - the calculator suggests geardonw mode disabled, and I can boot and run Aida64, with better scores, but memory isn't stable, but with geardown mode enabled, it's stable.
    OK Since I have not used Ryzen DRAM Calculator, there are some confusion.

1. It seems from your post this calculator offers a safe setting for your RAM. If you just apply this safe setting you can stabilize the ram at 3200 CL14 right?
    2. There is also a fast setting provided by this calculator. As per this setting ram performance increases as per AIDA however it is not stable. If you override this setting by changing the gear down mode enable then it is stable with otherwise prescribed fast setting for this kit. Correct me if I am wrong.

A very useful info thanks man. I will try it. How you have figured out to change the gear down mode? is there any thread for it? Please keep us informed.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    OK Since I have not used Ryzen DRAM Calculator, there are some confusion.

1. It seems from your post this calculator offers a safe setting for your RAM. If you just apply this safe setting you can stabilize the ram at 3200 CL14 right?
    2. There is also a fast setting provided by this calculator. As per this setting ram performance increases as per AIDA however it is not stable. If you override this setting by changing the gear down mode enable then it is stable with otherwise prescribed fast setting for this kit. Correct me if I am wrong.

A very useful info thanks man. I will try it. How you have figured out to change the gear down mode? is there any thread for it? Please keep us informed.
    Yep, that's it.
    Gear down mode is enabed/disabled in the same menu where timings and procodt is set. There is a thread in overclockers about ryzen DRAM calculator, where the developer of the app gives regular updates, as well as advices for specific problems. It's easy to find if you google it - don't know how are the policies in this site for linking other forums, otherwise I could paste the link over here.
    But I have seen your computer specs, that you are running 32gb of ram - are your kits single or dual rank? If dual rank , they are harder to run at faster speeds, but it's possible.
    The one thing that is (apparently) keeping me of achieving even higher speeds with my memory kit is an apparent "memory speed hole" that can be changed via bios, but not on B350 F-Gaming - Asus only enables this tweaks (CLDO_VDDP, or something like it) in X370 motherboards...

Edit:
    I tried to change geardown mode from disabled to enabled, as in safe settings it was recommended to keep enabled, and in fast settings disabled - so I figured that keeping it enabled could guarantee extra stability in my system.
    Last edited by Nelson Gomes; 11-22-2017 at 02:23 PM.

AniChatt PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1909

Yep, that's it.
    Gear down mode is enabed/disabled in the same menu where timings and procodt is set. There is a thread in overclockers about ryzen DRAM calculator, where the developer of the app gives regular updates, as well as advices for specific problems. It's easy to find if you google it - don't know how are the policies in this site for linking other forums, otherwise I could paste the link over here.
    But I have seen your computer specs, that you are running 32gb of ram - are your kits single or dual rank? If dual rank , they are harder to run at faster speeds, but it's possible.
    The one thing that is (apparently) keeping me of achieving even higher speeds with my memory kit is an apparent "memory speed hole" that can be changed via bios, but not on B350 F-Gaming - Asus only enables this tweaks (CLDO_VDDP, or something like it) in X370 motherboards...

Edit:
    I tried to change geardown mode from disabled to enabled, as in safe settings it was recommended to keep enabled, and in fast settings disabled - so I figured that keeping it enabled could guarantee extra stability in my system.
    Wow I simply can't believe that I have achieved 3200 on all 4 dimms with much tighter timing with the help of this calculator. And you are right I have to enable gear down mode to work with fast preset. Have not tried extreme preset. Just to be bit greedy have you tried to set more than 3200mhz on your dimms?
    However THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO.
    Last edited by AniChatt; 11-23-2017 at 09:11 AM.

New ROGer Array

You're welcome!

Regarding of faster DRAM speed, I have tried to make my pc boot at faster speeds (3333, 3466), but for now with no success (memory training always fail...). As I stated in my previous post, it seems like every Ryzen has a memory speed hole, that can be altered in BIOS, altering VDDP and CLDO_VDDP voltage numbers. But VDDP, in this MOBO, can't be under 0.9 (the suggested settings, at least in my case, is 0,855, that I can't achieve), and more important, CLDO_VDDP that only can be altered in Asus X370 boards (this features are blocked in B350 F-Gaming). This way, looks like i'm kinda stuck.

The same developer of Ryzen DRAM calculator has some BIOS (based in the latest BIOS with 1.0.0.7 AGESA) with this features unlocked, but I'm not going to flash an un-official BIOS and risk bricking it. If you're brave enough, tell us the result!

Page 42 of 141 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast