ProcessorRyzen 3600
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL'S Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070
    Storage #1Viper VPN100 512GB nvme
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop
    Power SupplyEVGA 650w Gold Modular
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by gdp77 View Post
    Anyone tried Asus B350-F Gaming with 2x16GB or 4x8GB memory modules? What memory speeds can you achieve?
    I have a 2x8GB (2933MHz) setup (Ryzen 1600) and I am thinking of upgrading to 32GB. Do I add 2 more 8GB (single rank) modules or should I buy 2x16GB (all of them are dual rank)?
    I would like to keep 2933MHz setting as well.

What do you think?
    From what i have seen 4 sticks is highly unstable at high speeds and many with 4 sticks found they could barely get 2400, from my own experience it is better with 2 sticks however first gen is twitchy with ram speed, you might find that your new kit wont get 2933, i went through 4 different brands before i got one that runs at 2866

ROG Member Array gdp77 PC Specs
    gdp77 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN 1600@3.9GHz
    Memory (part number)2x8GB CORSAIR CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 1050
    MonitorDELL U2412M
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 860EVO 500GB SATA SSD
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 33 plus + 2 x Cougar CFD120 red led
    CaseCoolerMaster HAF 932
    Power SupplyCorsair TX750W V2
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset HyperX Cloud Stinger
    Mouse Pad ICEMAT
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G523 2.1
    OS Linux Mint 19.2

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox187 View Post
    From what i have seen 4 sticks is highly unstable at high speeds and many with 4 sticks found they could barely get 2400, from my own experience it is better with 2 sticks however first gen is twitchy with ram speed, you might find that your new kit wont get 2933, i went through 4 different brands before i got one that runs at 2866
    Are your experiences recent or old? I am asking because newer BIOS firmwares dramatically improve memory support.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Equinox187 PC Specs
    Equinox187 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 3600
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL'S Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070
    Storage #1Viper VPN100 512GB nvme
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop
    Power SupplyEVGA 650w Gold Modular
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by gdp77 View Post
    Are your experiences recent or old? I am asking because newer BIOS firmwares dramatically improve memory support.

Well its been several months but even with the bios updates it never did get better, its part of the reason i swapped out for a 3600

ROG Junior Member Array

Hello,
    have a ryzen 5 2400g + Asus rog strix b350 and 8 gigs dual channel 3200mhz. The pc wont turn on. Now the mb lights up (rgb and power led) but no fan spin. I have tested the power supply with the paper clip thing and have unplugged everything I can think of. Also took the battery of the mb for a while. Nothing seems to solve it. Then left everything out of power for 2 days and it just turned on... Now a few days later it happend again, but i just left it some hours with no CMOS battery and no power cable and it powered up. WTF is going on? can anyone help me?

ROG Member Array

Hey guys I just gave my sister the old B350-F with my old 1700 and old 32gb of 2133 ram. I setup the PC and everything, the weird thing was in BIOS when I went to QFAN and set everything to silent or manual it only stayed that way until I booted to the Windows login prompt, then all the fans went on FULL for some reason. It makes totally no sense to me because BIOS should have power over software and there's nothing loaded that would over-ride it. I ended up fixing it by installing AISuite 3 and it carried the settings over into Windows etc. But it still makes no sense, what is happening do you think?

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by waitandhope123 View Post
    Hey guys I just gave my sister the old B350-F with my old 1700 and old 32gb of 2133 ram. I setup the PC and everything, the weird thing was in BIOS when I went to QFAN and set everything to silent or manual it only stayed that way until I booted to the Windows login prompt, then all the fans went on FULL for some reason. It makes totally no sense to me because BIOS should have power over software and there's nothing loaded that would over-ride it. I ended up fixing it by installing AISuite 3 and it carried the settings over into Windows etc. But it still makes no sense, what is happening do you think?
    How did you connect those fans? PWM or Molex?
    If you went directly via Molex that might be the issue.
    Try connecting the fans directly onto the motherboard via PWM and see if it helps. If not, try clearing the CMOS(take out the battery from the motherboard), and redo the process. Good luck

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------- Help ----------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also need help guys.
    Each time I want to offset my SoC Voltage it's never the set voltage but much higher. I'm trying to tweak my F4-3200C16-16GTZRX G.Skill modules. They're Samsung B-Die even tho it's CL16 but I guess poorly binned Die.
    I need to tweak SoC but no luck with it.
    Any advice on how to accurately set SoC Voltage on this motherboard? I'm starting to hate this motherboard

ROG Enthusiast Array BtheNewB PC Specs
    BtheNewB PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B350F Gaming BIOS3401
    Processor5-1600
    Memory (part number)Crucial BLS8G4D240FSB.16FB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
    MonitorSony Bravia 32"
    Storage #1Crucial CT275MX300
    Storage #2Corsair Neutron SSD
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 13 CO
    CaseCM690
    Power SupplySeasonic M12 750W
    Keyboard Sun Microsystems
    Mouse Redragon Mammoth
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2
    OS Win10
    Accessory #1 some more HDDs

mem support

Quote Originally Posted by gaspar.lobo View Post
    Hello,
    have a ryzen 5 2400g + Asus rog strix b350 and 8 gigs dual channel 3200mhz. The pc wont turn on. Now the mb lights up (rgb and power led) but no fan spin. I have tested the power supply with the paper clip thing and have unplugged everything I can think of. Also took the battery of the mb for a while. Nothing seems to solve it. Then left everything out of power for 2 days and it just turned on... Now a few days later it happend again, but i just left it some hours with no CMOS battery and no power cable and it powered up. WTF is going on? can anyone help me?
    That CPU supports up to 2933. Check the AMD specifications. https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-2400g
    Overclocking beyond that may or may not work and you may have to increase the DRAM voltage.
    Before you do that though, manually set your memory in BIOS to 2400 to start with. If that works then bump it to the next step until you hit a problem again. Once you experience a problem start increasing the DRAM voltage to see if that solves the issue.
    I

ROG Member Array Freelancer167 PC Specs
    Freelancer167 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)GALAX HOF 3200 8Gb x 2
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8Gb
    MonitorEizo EV2451 + Samsung Syncmaster 2343BWX
    Storage #1Crucial MX300 525Gb
    Storage #2WD Blue 1Tb HDD
    CPU CoolerStock (Wraith Spire RGB)
    CaseFractal Design Define C
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 650W
    Keyboard ThunderX3 TK50
    Mouse Logitech G400s
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Network RouterNetgear R6220

Just a quick question: do you guys update your BIOS using the EZ Flash within BIOS (with USB drive), or using EZ Update within AI Suite? I can't seem to get EZ Update installed properly ...

P.S. I'm using a 1700, and I read somewhere that I shouldn't update to the latest BIOS because I'm still using 1st gen Ryzen. Is that true?!

P.P.S. Just noticed EZ flash seems to be the recommended option anyway for newer BIOS, and actually no USB flash drive is actually required since the program can read SSD contents. So the bottomline is version 5220 safe to update regardless of which Ryzen generation I'm using? Thanks.
    Last edited by Freelancer167; 12-07-2019 at 09:48 AM.

New ROGer Array yuz85 PC Specs
    yuz85 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1AMD RX Vega 64-LC (Liquid Cooled)
    MonitorAcer 27" XF270HUA FreeSync IPS 144Hz
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseFractal Design Define C
    Power SupplySapphire FirePSU 625W
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer167 View Post
    Just a quick question: do you guys update your BIOS using the EZ Flash within BIOS (with USB drive), or using EZ Update within AI Suite? I can't seem to get EZ Update installed properly ...

P.S. I'm using a 1700, and I read somewhere that I shouldn't update to the latest BIOS because I'm still using 1st gen Ryzen. Is that true?!

P.P.S. Just noticed EZ flash seems to be the recommended option anyway for newer BIOS, and actually no USB flash drive is actually required since the program can read SSD contents. So the bottomline is version 5220 safe to update regardless of which Ryzen generation I'm using? Thanks.
    when i update my bios i download from site and then put it somewhere easy to find to flash from bios, ive also used the flash by internet option wich works great,

before i upgraded to 3600 i had 1200 with latest bios, no problem running older gen with new bios that i know of, some motherboards says that you cant update if u run old gen

hope it helps

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer167 View Post

Yeah i have a 1600x and im on an old BIOS. The new BIOS's that are coming out only improve the 3000 series of processors and will not benefit from our old chips. Just stay on an old bios.

Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 LastLast