Page 59 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array RaffieKol PC Specs
    RaffieKol PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K (4.2 @ 1.2v)
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Hydro Series H115i
    CaseCORSAIR Carbide Series Air 540
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard CORSAIR Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE
    Mouse Logitech G303
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Qck
    OS Winodows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    Do you have aura latest? Test it by setting change colour by cpu temp option. Apply it then restart. Now make sure u use another monitoring software like hwinfo. It will happen again. However you will not get a single black screen if you are using a single monitoring sw. It will not happen if you use the aura temp monitoring rgb only. Pls check in your setup and update.
    No fix till date available. But it is definitely bios level or something not hardware related. Use multiple mobo monitor sw and boom.
    I have to check but it does make sense cause I had corsair Link and AI Suite and since
    I removed AI suite I have no black screens(only one monitoring software instead of two). I dont use Aura
    I will test out the PC with 2 monitoring softwares and see if that gives me a black screen

Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array mojo187 PC Specs
    mojo187 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B350-F
    ProcessorRyzen 5 1600
    Memory (part number)Ripjaws v (f4-2800c15d-16gvr)
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1070 08G
    CPU CoolerNZXT x52 Kraken AIO
    CaseNZXT S340 Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair TX550
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus
    OS Win 10

what's up guys, so I gave up on AI suite long ago because of the "black screen" issue which at that time not many people have the same problem. now, after sick and tired of unable to control my fan when I'm on windows and while gaming (pc case unable to exhaust gpu hot air efficiently therefor hot = performance drop) I decided to try again installing this wonderful Software, lo and behold, everybody gets the blacks reen. Straight to the point, black screen. sigh....... anyways I decided to chip in my "discoveries" since last year and after installing ai suite again this year, same problem caused by the same action. in my observation, monitoring other monitoring software didn't really caused the problem (for me). Everytime I messed with the Fan tuning in Aisuite, I gurantee black screen will occur. I believe it's something to do with the bios setting + ai suite setting contradicts each other when you mess with it. I tried doing the same thing with the 5-way opt for the core clock, vrm, etc etc. Black screen. heck even using the button thingy on desktop causes the balck screen. I'm gonna Uninstall it and I gave up hope Asus will fix this issue. Why can't they just separate the fan expert into a separate software on its own? I just need that one thing, screw the 5 way opt crap. Cheese and rice!..... congratulations asus! your software is way more stressful then my job.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array celab PC Specs
    celab PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B550-F Gaming / BIOS 1004
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @stock speed
    Memory (part number)FlareX - F4-3200C14D-16GFX @Full XMP Timings
    Graphics Card #1Palit GameRock Premium 1080 @stock speed/cooling; 452.06 Drv.
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAcer Predator - XB241H
    Storage #1970EVO/250GB - NVMe driver 3.3
    CPU CoolerBe Quiet - DarkRock 4
    Casefreestyle
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Expert, 1800dpi/1000Hz - Synapse 2.21
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Medium CONTROL
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD 4.20s
    OS Win10 Pro 64bit / 2004 - 19041.488
    Network RouterFibre Optic 300Mbit (sync.)

samsung 960'er driver

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraleus View Post
    I have also been experiencing the black screen freezing issue for a few weeks now. Happens 5-15 minutes after logging into windows. I've been able to create snapshots and rollback when required but am not able to get this PC stable. Has anyone RMA'd their motherboard and no longer run into this issue? If yes, were you issued a new revision of the motherboard?

My specs:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
    Mobo: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
    RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory @ 15-17-17-35 & 1.35V
    VGA: XFX - Radeon R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card
    PSU: Thermaltake - Toughpower SFX 600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply
    SSD (OS): Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
    HDD (Storage): Western Digital - Blue 4TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
    BIOS: v3401
    Chipset Driver: AM4 v17.40 (From AMD's site)

the 17.40 went online yesterday on the amd side. also plz install your ssd samsung drivers from

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor...nsumer/960evo/

good luck

...and by the way..get your win uptodate to 1709 and try not to change to xmp profile. just run with the auto timings for testing
    (xmp is an intel 'thing')
    Last edited by celab; 01-17-2018 at 10:43 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mojo187 View Post
    what's up guys, so I gave up on AI suite long ago because of the "black screen" issue which at that time not many people have the same problem. now, after sick and tired of unable to control my fan when I'm on windows and while gaming (pc case unable to exhaust gpu hot air efficiently therefor hot = performance drop) I decided to try again installing this wonderful Software, lo and behold, everybody gets the blacks reen. Straight to the point, black screen. sigh....... anyways I decided to chip in my "discoveries" since last year and after installing ai suite again this year, same problem caused by the same action. in my observation, monitoring other monitoring software didn't really caused the problem (for me). Everytime I messed with the Fan tuning in Aisuite, I gurantee black screen will occur. I believe it's something to do with the bios setting + ai suite setting contradicts each other when you mess with it. I tried doing the same thing with the 5-way opt for the core clock, vrm, etc etc. Black screen. heck even using the button thingy on desktop causes the balck screen. I'm gonna Uninstall it and I gave up hope Asus will fix this issue. Why can't they just separate the fan expert into a separate software on its own? I just need that one thing, screw the 5 way opt crap. Cheese and rice!..... congratulations asus! your software is way more stressful then my job.
    I mentioned a couple pages back that I was having issues with my LAN cutting out seemingly randomly but I couldn't trace when it would happen. Lo and behold, I've uninstalled Asus AI Suite and I haven't had a single problem since.

So to those having issues with this board, don't use Asus' crap software. Speedfan is sadly not supported on this board but it's not worth the headache of using the bundled utility.

ROG Member Array atteasd PC Specs
    atteasd PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo Yoga 530
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Flare X CL14 3200Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22mkII
    MonitorSamsung C32HG70
    Storage #1PNY XLR8 CS3030 M.2 NVMe SSD 500 GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerNZXT KRAKEN X62
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S TG
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Wireless
    Headset Sennheiser HD 6XX // Sennheiser Game Zero // AKG K-271 MKII // JBL Chronos BT
    Headset/Speakers M-Audio BX8 D2
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterZyXEL VMG3925-B10B
    Accessory #1 Alesis VI49
    Accessory #2 Countryman DI Type-85

Quote Originally Posted by STRMfrmXMN View Post
    I mentioned a couple pages back that I was having issues with my LAN cutting out seemingly randomly but I couldn't trace when it would happen. Lo and behold, I've uninstalled Asus AI Suite and I haven't had a single problem since.

So to those having issues with this board, don't use Asus' crap software. Speedfan is sadly not supported on this board but it's not worth the headache of using the bundled utility.
    Strange... I haven't had a single problem and I've been using AI Suite for like 6 months now. Using CAM for AO pump alongside it so no conflictions with other monitoring softwares either.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by celab View Post
    the 17.40 went online yesterday on the amd side. also plz install your ssd samsung drivers from

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor...nsumer/960evo/

good luck

...and by the way..get your win uptodate to 1709 and try not to change to xmp profile. just run with the auto timings for testing
    (xmp is an intel 'thing')
    Thanks for the help with this, much appreciated!

Windows is now stable...however, it still black screens in any attempt to install the video driver for my XFX Radeon R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card.

I ended up installing Windows 10 x64 v1709, created a snapshot immediately and within a few minutes, it black screened again. Reverted back to the previous snapshot, unplugged my network cable, and booted back into windows and it ran stable without any issues! I dug deeper and found out that windows updates were attempting to update the video driver for my R9 270X on its own. Decided to snooze windows updates from applying, left my network cable disabled, and installed all other recommended drivers without any issues. Tried installing the latest video driver from AMD's site, v17.12.2, and it black screened halfway into installation. Looks like it can only remain stable with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Researched some more and found this interesting article --> https://community.amd.com/thread/204651

I have sent in a request to RMA my R9 270X, hoping that'll do the trick...or get a better mid-range card?

celab PC Specs
    Sound CardOnboard
    Casefreestyle
    Keyboard Logitech G105

Xeraleus,

plz try this tool to have a clean uninstall from previous drivers,

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...-download.html

for updating your win version see these updates and DL the one for your win version

https://www.computerbase.de/download...atives-update/

did you put your ram into slots a2 and b2 ?

try amds' latest driver 18.1.1 there are some bug fixes made. i used to have a saphirre 270x as well. work ok with no black screens a 2-3years ago.

also try right click on your desktop, display properties, at the bottom adapter properties go to monitor and change your dislplay rate to the right one. what monitor are you using? are there any monitor driver availible for your model maybe?

in the moment i would not buy a video card as they are way to expensive. even the cheapest models are not worth the your money. the only amd cards in the moment are 560 with 4gb ram for around 130€. plz make sure they have at least one 6pin power connection.

as for nvidia the only cheap card in the moment is the gtx 1050. it all depemds on what you are playing. if you are on 1920x1080p a 1050ti would be ok for the moment until prices are getting back to normal. on my second pc here in spain i got only a 1050 with 2gb of ram on a 1920x1080 display and it runs very fine for me. i have to set the ingame quality to medium and with aaa titles i must run at 1280x720 but after doing so it runs just fine. cpu is a ryzen 1200 stock. bf4 runs on medium 120 fps @ 1920x1080 even wolfenstein2 is very much playable at 1280x720 on medium with this small pc. stay away from rx570/580 they are overpriced to the max. i would recommend you a 1060 3gb/6gb but they are also too expensive in the moment.

amd - 560 2/4 gb
    nvidia 1050/1050ti 2/4gb

dependig on your monitor and ingame settings and of course game you are playing. remember these cards are very small and you cant rise the settings high enough to use so much ram anyway in most cases so 27/3 gb will be enough in most cases.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F BIOS 5843
    ProcessorR5 5600X Stock
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3200MHz 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorBenQ EW2480
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2MX500 SATA 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W Gold
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 20H2

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    I was thinking my issues (new) are with GPU and PSU.
    1. Checkbox artifact not related to clock of GPU. Even down-clocked gpu also causing problem. Sometimes super high clock causing problem.
    2. System restarts after this checkbox artifact with BSOD watchdog violation error.
    3. Some times showing gpu removed error.
    4. System shuts down on its own and not restarting with power button on the cabinet. Switch off ac and on again after some time solves this problem. Sometimes my pc turns on for less than a second and off in cold boot mainly. Mobo power light is visible but not turning on by switch. ac off for few minutes solves my problem. Like some short circuit. Actually nothing like this and I have checked it.

So I thought my PSU is faulty. However it is a top of the line Seasonic X850W gold psu and my system requirement is hardly 500W. Already sent this psu for RMA. Lets see if there is a fault or not. My GPU is a brand new Aorus 1080 which was running fine even up to 2.08 Ghz core and 10.80Ghz mem without any added voltage. These crash, when happening, is not related to gpu instability becs if I down clock it like crazy say up to 1700Mhz on core step by step in a 50Mhz decrements, then also, crash pattern not changes. But sometimes later it is working just fine for hrs at overclock. So it is very irregular in nature.
    Attachment 70345Attachment 70346
    Found the issue, it was my faulty PSU. Now they have replaced with Prime 850 gold problem solved.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by celab View Post
    Xeraleus,

plz try this tool to have a clean uninstall from previous drivers,

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...-download.html

for updating your win version see these updates and DL the one for your win version

https://www.computerbase.de/download...atives-update/

did you put your ram into slots a2 and b2 ?

try amds' latest driver 18.1.1 there are some bug fixes made. i used to have a saphirre 270x as well. work ok with no black screens a 2-3years ago.

also try right click on your desktop, display properties, at the bottom adapter properties go to monitor and change your dislplay rate to the right one. what monitor are you using? are there any monitor driver availible for your model maybe?

in the moment i would not buy a video card as they are way to expensive. even the cheapest models are not worth the your money. the only amd cards in the moment are 560 with 4gb ram for around 130€. plz make sure they have at least one 6pin power connection.

as for nvidia the only cheap card in the moment is the gtx 1050. it all depemds on what you are playing. if you are on 1920x1080p a 1050ti would be ok for the moment until prices are getting back to normal. on my second pc here in spain i got only a 1050 with 2gb of ram on a 1920x1080 display and it runs very fine for me. i have to set the ingame quality to medium and with aaa titles i must run at 1280x720 but after doing so it runs just fine. cpu is a ryzen 1200 stock. bf4 runs on medium 120 fps @ 1920x1080 even wolfenstein2 is very much playable at 1280x720 on medium with this small pc. stay away from rx570/580 they are overpriced to the max. i would recommend you a 1060 3gb/6gb but they are also too expensive in the moment.

amd - 560 2/4 gb
    nvidia 1050/1050ti 2/4gb

dependig on your monitor and ingame settings and of course game you are playing. remember these cards are very small and you cant rise the settings high enough to use so much ram anyway in most cases so 27/3 gb will be enough in most cases.
    Thanks for the help!

Discovered that it's not just my R9 270X...tried an older Radeon HD 5670 and the black screen happens when I attempt to install it's latest driver from AMD's site as well!

Tried installing 18.1.1 for my R9 270X and it black screened during driver installation as well.

Ran the guru3d uninstaller for all of my drivers and that completed successfully.

I have the latest windows updates installed as of today, January 20, 2018.

My RAM are in slots A2 & B2.

Originally I was using my 4K Samsung TV (HDMI) and thought it was odd that my refresh rate could not change from 64 Hertz. There is no driver that I can see for the TV so I plugged in my Samsung SyncMaster SA700 (HDMI) and installed its driver which worked however I still am stuck at 64 Hertz. I'll try safe mode and see if I get any luck.

Should I maybe consider rolling back my BIOS back to v1001? I'm currently at v3401. Saw a solution on how to rollback at this link https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...BIOS-Flashback

Thanks for the video card suggestions and all the help with this, much appreciated!

celab PC Specs
    Sound CardOnboard
    Casefreestyle
    Keyboard Logitech G105

Xeraleus;

the hdmi is bound to 60hz only cause its mainly used for tv, not pc. i would get a 1.4 display port cable. with hdmi you can't get higer than 60hz. this could help. if your monitor or tv dosent support DP, try using the dvi -d cable. sometimes it is important to set windows to exactlly 60hz, not 64 in order to get the refresh rate working. on dvi you can go higher than 60hz.

i wouldn't roll back to 1001 it shouldn't make a difference. 3401 are running very fine for me and manyy others.

the 350 board allow you to rise your mem speed up to 2933 sometime 3066 and the 370 will get you 3200. so if overclocking your ram dont go over 2933. for testing stick to your stock (auto) settings) and rise it only after everythings works.

Page 59 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast