ProcessorRyzen 3600
    Memory (part number)KLEVV BOLT X 32GB 3600 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070
    Storage #1Viper VPN100 512GB nvme
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop
    Power SupplyEVGA 650w Gold Modular
    OS Windows 11 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by IIINikolaiIII View Post
    Don't install either of those just an advice. I tried them and they don't work properly. Audio driver messed everything up and new versions of Sonic software were really bad.
    Yeh I have not tried the audio driver after i figured out the LN driver does nor work at all, ASUS so called quality check is really starting to erode what little confidence i had left

ROG Junior Member Array

Silly question: Is your EZ update telling you there are updates for the LAN and sound?
    Or are you looking on the support site?
    Is there something wrong with your original drivers? I don't get it.

I am have zero problems with this motherboard.
    I think you can tinker yourself into a hellhole however.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Equinox187 PC Specs
    Equinox187 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 3600
    Memory (part number)KLEVV BOLT X 32GB 3600 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070
    Storage #1Viper VPN100 512GB nvme
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop
    Power SupplyEVGA 650w Gold Modular
    OS Windows 11 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Calrissian View Post
    Silly question: Is your EZ update telling you there are updates for the LAN and sound?
    Or are you looking on the support site?
    Is there something wrong with your original drivers? I don't get it.

I am have zero problems with this motherboard.
    I think you can tinker yourself into a hellhole however.
    I do not have EZ update installed i pull them from the support site, I usually try them one at a time and roll back if any issues, updated drivers are usually a good thing and more so when they promise better stability. The problem here is that the LAN driver does not even appear to be a driver for this board and even the size of it is strange.

ROG Enthusiast Array Fredy M PC Specs
    Fredy M PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WIFI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5900x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4000C16D-32GTZRA
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    MonitorDell S2721DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK-Aio Basic 360
    CasePhanteks P400A
    Power SupplySuperflower Leadex II Gold 650W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2

I`ve installed the latest audio driver and things are kinda weird, from time to time it asks for a system reboot to finish the install, but that could be my fault because I didn`t uninstall the old one before, in task manager apears as nahimic, it`s buggy and honestly I don`t really think that this one is for this mobo, but it works...as for the lan driver I use the latest from intel, v22.3 I believe it is, which works perfectly...

ROG Member Array jamith PC Specs
    jamith PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX B350-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 1600
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
    Graphics Card #1PNY GeForce GTX 1060 XLR8 Gaming OC
    MonitorLG 25UM58P 25.0" 2560x1080 75Hz
    Storage #1SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB
    Storage #2WD Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
    CaseNZXT S340 ELITE BLACK + RED
    Power SupplyCorsair TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold
    Keyboard HyperX Mars RGB Mechanical
    Mouse Logitech G602 Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Extended Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox187 View Post
    I do not have EZ update installed i pull them from the support site, I usually try them one at a time and roll back if any issues, updated drivers are usually a good thing and more so when they promise better stability. The problem here is that the LAN driver does not even appear to be a driver for this board and even the size of it is strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredy M View Post
    I`ve installed the latest audio driver and things are kinda weird, from time to time it asks for a system reboot to finish the install, but that could be my fault because I didn`t uninstall the old one before, in task manager apears as nahimic, it`s buggy and honestly I don`t really think that this one is for this mobo, but it works...as for the lan driver I use the latest from intel, v22.3 I believe it is, which works perfectly...
    Looking in the files of the LAN updated I think the reason the size is odd is because of this I found on the readme file, "The driver package in this folder is intended for use in upgrading existing Universal Windows drivers for devices based on the following controllers:"

Also looking on the Intel Driver site states, "Universal Windows* drivers. This release includes Universal Windows Drivers support for Windows® 10 version 1709 (RS3). A Universal folder has been added to the Windows 10 driver packages. The Universal folder contains the driver package used for upgrading existing Universal Windows drivers for Windows 10 version 1709 (RS3)."

I compared the files inside the updated on the Asus webpage and the found on the Universal folder of the Intel Drivers v23.2 and they are the same.

Fredy M PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5900x
    MonitorDell S2721DGF
    CasePhanteks P400A
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Quote Originally Posted by jamith View Post
    Looking in the files of the LAN updated I think the reason the size is odd is because of this I found on the readme file, "The driver package in this folder is intended for use in upgrading existing Universal Windows drivers for devices based on the following controllers:"

Also looking on the Intel Driver site states, "Universal Windows* drivers. This release includes Universal Windows Drivers support for Windows® 10 version 1709 (RS3). A Universal folder has been added to the Windows 10 driver packages. The Universal folder contains the driver package used for upgrading existing Universal Windows drivers for Windows 10 version 1709 (RS3)."

I compared the files inside the updated on the Asus webpage and the found on the Universal folder of the Intel Drivers v23.2 and they are the same.

I`m sorry but I`m finding it hard to believe that this Intel I211-AT v22.3 LAN driver is the same as the one on asus website (the 2.9 Mb one)...the size alone is different, then there is the fact that the one from intel is for the i211-at chip found in the b350 strix and many other boards from asus and it is not an universal driver whereas the one on the asus web, although can be a typo, says it in the zip name i219, which is not the right chip ... the audio driver unfortunately is a bit of a problem because asus did a number on that an it`s somewhat proprietary, it uses the ALC1220 chip from realtek but with some tweaks (S1220A) so the driver from realtek won`t work

so, kids, if you want the latest driver for your sh*t, go to the manufacturters (OEM`s) website and download it from there, may not be always the stable one but unless it`s some custom stuff made for asus, msi, gigabyte etc. that will be the latest, and sometimes the best...

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox187 View Post
    Thanks for the answer.
    I updated once when I built the computer in Jan.
    I only fix what breaks and so far have no complaints.
    I play Elite: Dangerous, which seems to like amd gpu much better than Nvidia edge masters

ROG Member Array jamith PC Specs
    jamith PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX B350-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 1600
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
    Graphics Card #1PNY GeForce GTX 1060 XLR8 Gaming OC
    MonitorLG 25UM58P 25.0" 2560x1080 75Hz
    Storage #1SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB
    Storage #2WD Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
    CaseNZXT S340 ELITE BLACK + RED
    Power SupplyCorsair TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold
    Keyboard HyperX Mars RGB Mechanical
    Mouse Logitech G602 Wireless
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Extended Edition

Do you read about why the size does not matter? The driver that you linked is not the Intel Complete Driver Pack v22.3 which is the one that includes the Universal Windows Driver that just upgrade the existing drivers incorporated on WIndows 10. Please read carefully the website notes if you still does not understand.

Universal Windows* drivers

This release includes Universal Windows Drivers support for Windows® 10 version 1709 (RS3).

A Universal folder has been added to the Windows 10 driver packages. The Universal folder contains the driver package used for upgrading existing Universal Windows drivers for Windows 10 version 1709 (RS3).

Note: Only the Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack download contains Universal Windows Drivers.
    About you concern about the i219, if you look on the Intel Website, the same you provided, on the section Valid products, you can see the driver for both chips is the same.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array celab PC Specs
    celab PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B550-F Gaming / BIOS 2803
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @stock speed
    Memory (part number)FlareX - F4-3200C14D-16GFX @XMP Timings
    Graphics Card #1Palit GameRock Premium 1080 @stock speed/cooling; 496.49 Drv.
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAcer Predator - XB241H
    Storage #1Seagate FireCuda 530 / 500GB NVME 1.4
    Storage #2Kingston ssd
    CPU CoolerBe Quiet - DarkRock 4
    Casefreestyle
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold
    Keyboard Razer Chroma Light
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Medium CONTROL
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD 4.20s
    OS Win11 Pro 64bit / latest
    Network RouterFibre Optic 600Mbit (sync.)

as for the intel lan driver, just always use the one supplied by windows (update) or get the update from the intel side. the version 12.15.184 is just fine and doesent need updating.
    for the sound driver, uninstall all sonic stuff, drivers etc (sound related) close all progrs before doing that, restart your pc and than update to the latest version. 6.0.1.8480
    as for the next bios update, i think its ready when its done ^^ so we might never see one anytime soon. its a shame acctually cause all the other boards allready got a new bios. just go and chk the asus web side. i still prey for my flarex kit to get it running on 3200 but i think this will never happend. maybe because of the layer layout but than i dont understand why other 3200 ram kits are supported like
    GALAXYHOF4CALCS3600K17LD162C
    16G(8G*2)
    SS
    N/A
    Heat-Sink Package
    17-18-18-38
    1.35V
    DOCP3200

CORSAIR
    CMK16GX4M2B3600C18
    16GB(2*8GB)
    SS
    N/A
    Heat-Sink Package
    18-19-19-39
    1.35V
    DOCP3200

G.SKILL
    F4-3300C16Q-16GRKD
    GB ( 4GB*4)
    SS
    N/A
    Heat-Sink Package
    16-16-16-36
    1.35V
    DOCP3200

well never by ram withou looking into the qvl memory list of the board you are going to get, just never, now im stuck with this 200€ ram kit and run it at 2400/16 stable, not nice. im thinking about getting a msi carbon pro gaming (no ac)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXMP1yRriUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu9ZD18a9CY
    Orwell was an optimist

Fredy M PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5900x
    MonitorDell S2721DGF
    CasePhanteks P400A
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Quote Originally Posted by jamith View Post
    Do you read about why the size does not matter? The driver that you linked is not the Intel Complete Driver Pack v22.3 which is the one that includes the Universal Windows Driver that just upgrade the existing drivers incorporated on WIndows 10. Please read carefully the website notes if you still does not understand.

About you concern about the i219, if you look on the Intel Website, the same you provided, on the section Valid products, you can see the driver for both chips is the same.
    Ok, let`s get this straight...I understand that the last one they posted on the drivers page is just the update for the windows universal driver, which you found that is the same as in v22.3 from Intel and that the driver is also for i219 (my bad there I didn`t scroll down enough) but what I don`t understand is why would you want to update the windows universal driver in the first place(because that is what i`m getting from you) and download that large file that you mentioned (the Intel complete driver pack) which is for all OS`s and what also bugs me is that I think that you think in order to update your drivers you need that pack; no man, all you need is the latest driver for your specific OS (the one that I posted there, which was for Windows 10, if you are on windows btw), because as you said, you already have a universal driver, it comes within your windows, and that doesn`t need un update unless you don`t have a driver at all or the one that you have doesen`t work...I hope I didn`t offend you in any way but I`m trying to clarify this so that others don`t get confused by this...

In summary what I`m saying or trying to say is that the latest Lan driver for this board for Windows 10 (any build), at the time of this post, is this Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10 v22.3 because you don`t need all the versions that can be found in this one Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack , this pack containing the drivers for all OS`s
    Last edited by Fredy M; 08-01-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Page 104 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast