Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by theprob View Post
    Ye, that was what I've afraid of. But they give me another one. I dunno what they tested or checked to diagnose that this is faulty.
    Have you tested your new motherboard yet? With latest BlOS?

ROG Member Array

I don't get it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by larnon View Post
    Have you tested your new motherboard yet? With latest BlOS?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mariuscc View Post
    Hmm! Should i look into RMA as well? Besides the LAN issues (don't use LAN) I've had similar issues as Larnon?

@Raja During this weekend, I have tried all the settings for ProcODT, up to 68.3 (the safest I could get to), and nothing kept the ram stable. It generally gets into Windows but the BSOD galore. I did manage a couple of runs of Memtest64 with 25+ loops and two 400%+ coverage in MemTestPro but just using windows DID NOT work. Can there be a defect in these boards or are they just not happy with Corsair LPX memories?

It's a bit of a sad experience so far to be honest.

You don't need to worry about the required value from a safety perspective. If your memory kit needs more, use more. My 32 GB GSkill kit (16GB modules) needs 80 Ohms.

Outside that, you may need to relax some of the sub-timings.

ROG Member Array

Hey @Raja;

Is there any information that you can give regarding our issues with this motherboard?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mariuscc View Post
    Yeah I have similar issues as well.

Black screens, system hangs, systems locks needing power unplug (reset or power button did not work). No mouse trouble tho. They seem to be random and I cannot reproduce them.
    However they happen more often when overclocking my memories or trying to run them at their rated speed and timings (both manual and DOCP settings).

I am running a Ryzen 5 1600 and corsair lpx 3000 c15. Corsair seems to be the worse choice atm for ram on this board. I hope they get fixed soon.

Another bug i saw is, when setting manual timings with docp in uefi if i set 15-17-17 (my mem's rating) the i get 16-17-17 on boot (uefi and windows). If i set 17-17-17 i get 18-17-17 again in both bios and windows. 16-17-17 works no prob. Also the settings that appear in memory timings section are mostly different to what the memory utility is saying for xmp profile.

UEFI is buggy as it stands at this point but we hope that bios programmers are active in fixing them and getting this board working as it shoud

Cheers

PS. If any one has gotten said memories stable at their rated speeds PLEASE let us know how you did it. Thanks.
    Same setup (CPU, RAM) and having the same problems with the locking up and only way to resolve is pull the power. Also experiencing the LAN issue where it doesn't fully enable after a cold boot sometimes and have to restart to get it to enable.

Not sure if it's related at all, but the hard lock ups seem to happen when I'm using hardware monitoring software such as HWinfo, AI Suite, Ryzen Master, etc...however it could just be coincidence.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Update on my previous posts.

Tried ProcODT 80. No go. Still crashes and BSODs, even new things: got graphical artefacts in games before crashing, and also black screen after reboot (after bsod or reset button). This was with 1.35, 1.36 and 1.37 voltages to memory.

Other things I noticed:
    1. Sometimes after making a change in UEFI after save and restart the setting is not applied. It only appears on yet the next reboot.
    2. SOC voltage adjustment with silly offset (why no manual?!) must be broke. Example: wanted to try manual timings. I proceeded to set memory speed and primary timings. I added a couple of steps of offset to SOC voltage. Save and boot. Windows crashes on load screen. Back in bios voltage rose by just a small ammount. Ok I thouhgt, lets add more to add up to 1 Volt. Changed the offest to 0,15000. Save reboot. Windows loads this time but when i opn Hwmonitor soc voltage shows as: 1.2510. ?!?!? Needless to say i rebooted immediately and back in UEFI i see that base voltage for SOC somehow magically changed to 1.1 base! Is that a bug or what!
    3. When i get a bsod or hard lock, after resetting i cannot go into uefi no matter how hard i spam delete or f2. Sometimes it takes 1 sometimes 2 resets before i get there.
    4. Changing proc odt from one value to the next for example will always result in no post. You must return to auto, reboot and then change to the next one.

I am starting to get frustrated to be honest at this point and I hope these bugs get fixed soon. Going on vacation soon is a good thing as I need to get away from this for a bit. It's not making me happy.

ROG Member Array

Another no-LAN issue happened yesterday. With BIOS 0401. Had to reset to get it working.

Original BIOS can not be flashed back. Motherboard finds it as non-BIOS file.

I contacted ASUS support;
    "We have received your mail and are now working on it. We will do our best to resolve your problem within 48 hours."
    It's been 4 days with no reply, no confirmation...

This is getting ridiculous, what am i suppose to do to get a confirmation, or at least a "We hear your problems and currently working on it" or "It's a BIOS issue, you don't need to return your motherboard"? Tell us.

ROG Enthusiast Array npapanik PC Specs
    npapanik PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1600X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-2800C16D-16GRR (DOCP@2800)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Tri-X Radeon R9 FURY
    MonitorDell SE2717H
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo 500Gb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H50
    CaseCoolermaster CM 690 II (ver.2)
    Power SupplyCoolermaster Silent Pro M850W
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014
    Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
    Headset Razer Electra v2 USB
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterSynology RT2600ac

Quote Originally Posted by jpark3r View Post
    Same setup (CPU, RAM) and having the same problems with the locking up and only way to resolve is pull the power. Also experiencing the LAN issue where it doesn't fully enable after a cold boot sometimes and have to restart to get it to enable.

Not sure if it's related at all, but the hard lock ups seem to happen when I'm using hardware monitoring software such as HWinfo, AI Suite, Ryzen Master, etc...however it could just be coincidence .
    No its not a coincidence: If you have BOTH the AI Suite AND Hwinfo loaded at the same time you will get black screens!!! I have verified this and since I used either of the two (not at the same time) the black screens have stopped!
    Last edited by npapanik; 07-21-2017 at 06:59 AM.

New ROGer Array

hey guys, im glad that im not alone, i have the LAN issue too after enable DOCP. I already contact customer support in my region and they obtained the bios screen shoot and network adapter missing screen shoot from me. Hope they can fix this asap, it very annoying to boot twice every morning.

New ROGer Array

Black screen and no LAN issue

I actually also encountered the no LAN issue twice using this board. One time was right after I got a sudden black screen when I was checking out CPU-Z Memory section (I also had AI Suite 3 open, dunno whether it's the reason). I had to force cut the PSU power and reboot, then I found my LAN disappeared. Reboot again, then go into BIOS just to see if the Intel LAN option is enabled, then boot into Windows again, the LAN reappeared. I'm using the latest BIOS. After that I updated my LAN driver to the latest version on ASUS for this board, see if it helps.

Hope ASUS look into this.

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast