Page 25 of 130 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array Keybaud PC Specs
    Keybaud PC Specs
    MotherboardB350-F Gaming
    ProcessorR7 1700
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 3200
    Graphics Card #1RX 580

Having tried everything on the planet from the BIOS, I managed to get my G.Skill Trident Z (F4-3200C14-8GTZR) to work at 3200 by swapping the modules from 2 and 4 to 1 and 2. I don't know if it will stick, as it's worked temporarily before and then changed its mind!!! ProcODT is Auto, but I upped V DRAM to 1.38 and V SOC to 1.15 to give it a helping hand. I'll drop them back to 1.35 and 1.1 once I know it's stable and still works after a cold reboot.

ROG Member Array Keybaud PC Specs
    Keybaud PC Specs
    MotherboardB350-F Gaming
    ProcessorR7 1700
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 3200
    Graphics Card #1RX 580

Quote Originally Posted by Keybaud View Post
    Having tried everything on the planet from the BIOS, I managed to get my G.Skill Trident Z (F4-3200C14-8GTZR) to work at 3200 by swapping the modules from 2 and 4 to 1 and 2. I don't know if it will stick, as it's worked temporarily before and then changed its mind!!! ProcODT is Auto, but I upped V DRAM to 1.38 and V SOC to 1.15 to give it a helping hand. I'll drop them back to 1.35 and 1.1 once I know it's stable and still works after a cold reboot.
    AARGHHHH

With the RAM at 3200, it reboots rather than restarts and when cold booting, boots up twice before successfully starting Windows.

When Windows starts, it is happily stable; however, running Typhoon Burner sometimes gives the RAM details and other times doesn't read the RAM successfully.

Back to 3066 it is.
    Last edited by Keybaud; 09-23-2017 at 05:17 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AniChatt View Post
    It is not for bad hardware I believe there might be some conflict may be in the bios. right now I am using HWinfo+GPUtweak2 and this problem never happens. Besides you don't need aisuite which increases total no of handlers by a huge margin and unnecessarily increases the system load.
    Just use any single hw monitor and any gpu oc software and you will be good to go. However I have a detail thread on this issue here,
    https://community.amd.com/thread/218356

"costas_" has posted a comment that Aura making this issue. I have not tested it yet but you can give a try. And most importantly do raise a ticket to asus for this issue and mention using a single hw monitor sw not causing this issue. I think they are not serious about this. I have also informed them but no solution till date.
    Thank you for the reply , just turned off Aura and gonna try using HW Monitor and EVGA Precision XOC , lets see how goes and sending a ticket right now , just hoping not get black screen again.

Edit: Just noticed there is a new Bios Update lol , is 0902 hoping fix this problem.
    Last edited by Madcat442; 09-23-2017 at 05:22 PM.

New ROGer Array

Lightbulb New Ryzen 5 1600x-based PC Build Experiencing Issues

Anyone have any issues with spiking up to like 1.4v-1.5v on idle and stuttering under load on stock settings with the Ryzen 1600x?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Equinox187 PC Specs
    Equinox187 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 3600
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL'S Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070
    Storage #1Viper VPN100 512GB nvme
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop
    Power SupplyEVGA 650w Gold Modular
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHasRyzen View Post
    Anyone have any issues with spiking up to like 1.4v-1.5v on idle and stuttering under load on stock settings with the Ryzen 1600x?
    I had noticed the same on my 1600 chip when i was doing the break in period for the new system that at stock speeds when it boosted to 3.6 i would see the same spikes to 1.4v and 1.5v in hardware monitor, Odd thing is when I over clocked to 3.8 and set a plus offset of 0.03750 and now even at 3.8 it never goes over 1.300v even under prime 95 load and i noticed temps came down also, so if you were not planning on OCing your 1600x you could probably put in a tiny + offset to stabilise the voltage so that it does not say go over 1.35 and then stress test with prim 95 and if stable start to put the offset into a - and from what i have seen you can under volt a fair bit. Sames goes for over clocking if you don't mess with the offset voltage will spike constantly to scary highs but the slightest offset stops it.

As for the Stuttering i never got this aside from chrome and netflix causing a stutter in other programs but i never get it in other situations, are you running the latest bios / chipset drivers from the AMD site and running the Ryzen power Plan?

New ROGer Array

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox187 View Post
    I had noticed the same on my 1600 chip when i was doing the break in period for the new system that at stock speeds when it boosted to 3.6 i would see the same spikes to 1.4v and 1.5v in hardware monitor, Odd thing is when I over clocked to 3.8 and set a plus offset of 0.03750 and now even at 3.8 it never goes over 1.300v even under prime 95 load and i noticed temps came down also, so if you were not planning on OCing your 1600x you could probably put in a tiny + offset to stabilise the voltage so that it does not say go over 1.35 and then stress test with prim 95 and if stable start to put the offset into a - and from what i have seen you can under volt a fair bit. Sames goes for over clocking if you don't mess with the offset voltage will spike constantly to scary highs but the slightest offset stops it.

As for the Stuttering i never got this aside from chrome and netflix causing a stutter in other programs but i never get it in other situations, are you running the latest bios / chipset drivers from the AMD site and running the Ryzen power Plan?
    Thanks. Yep I find it odd and a bit alarming that my VDDCR (I have always assumed this was CPU voltage, unless you tell me it isn't) is set on 1.375v auto at stock. What voltage do you have and which one do you look at in which hardware monitoring program? I have tried downvolting to 1.287 (-0.0875 offset) @3.8Ghz in fear of frying my CPU but have encountered stuttering and lag spikes in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Day of Infamy, Space Engineers, BF1 (after 3 multiplayer games), and GTA V (in intense moments and menus). Also, Minecraft has this weird issue where my fps progressively decreases unless I lower chunk render distance to a really low setting. Turning core performance boost seems to help and my voltage fluctuates around (up and down) 1.2v. I started having issues with freezing and losing display signal at very rare occasions after I updated my BIOS from 0809 to 0811, although I can't pinpoint this specifically to the BIOS since I also had issues CCleaner v5.33 putting a backdoor virus on my system and I have done a clean install of windows 10 since then (Like I have done probably 10 times by now). Anyway, I find it dumb that we have to tinker with BIOS settings to get our systems to run adequately at stock. Also tried contacting Asus customer support and they aren't much more helpful than if I were to ask my grandmother to help me with this issue (she would probably be more helpful). And yep, i'm always running on latest BIOS (0902 currently) and chipset drivers.

In terms of BIOS settings do I leave core performance boost on and do I leave my frequency on auto? Have you played with any LLC settings to attain your stability?

Here is a thread I posted on Tom's Hardware explaining the issues i'm having in more detail if you're interested: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/....html#20209651

One last thing: do you think my CPU could have gotten damaged and/or did you notice any degradation in yours?

Update: So I tried what you suggested and the only way I can get my voltage to a somewhat reasonable level (under 1.4v but it still fluctuates heavily) is by applying an offset of -0.0875v.
    Last edited by BlueHasRyzen; 09-26-2017 at 12:56 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hello

Unlike people having technical issues, my board (Strix B350 F) runs awesome. My problem is that paint is bulking up around the Strix emblem on the chipset and spoils the look of it. Issue occurred after first 10 minutes of usage, and first there was only a spot so i just ignored it. Than after a few days i did another visual check of the system and the mainboard and i have noticed that the paint has bulked up (like it has air underneath) around the entire edge of the Strix Emblem on the chipset. Im sorry i don't have a picture yet, im at work right now and didn't get the chance to take pictures yet.

I would like to know if anyone else has the same problem and if should RMA the board

Con's for RMA:
    - System runs good and stable , no bios , oc issues
    - Removing the entire system/ wait time and than rebuild ing it
    - If all of this boards have the same issue, its pointless.

Pro's for RMA:
    - Expensive board, i did expect alot more from ASUS and ROG products
    - Even if the chipset is partially covered by GPU you can still see the issue
    - Its a pretty board that prides on the design not only performance
    - Board is NEW, 1 weak old

Will return in the evening when i get home and post a picture also if anyone is interested.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobot View Post
    Hello

Unlike people having technical issues, my board (Strix B350 F) runs awesome. My problem is that paint is bulking up around the Strix emblem on the chipset and spoils the look of it. Issue occurred after first 10 minutes of usage, and first there was only a spot so i just ignored it. Than after a few days i did another visual check of the system and the mainboard and i have noticed that the paint has bulked up (like it has air underneath) around the entire edge of the Strix Emblem on the chipset. Im sorry i don't have a picture yet, im at work right now and didn't get the chance to take pictures yet.

I would like to know if anyone else has the same problem and if should RMA the board

Con's for RMA:
    - System runs good and stable , no bios , oc issues
    - Removing the entire system/ wait time and than rebuild ing it
    - If all of this boards have the same issue, its pointless.

Pro's for RMA:
    - Expensive board, i did expect alot more from ASUS and ROG products
    - Even if the chipset is partially covered by GPU you can still see the issue
    - Its a pretty board that prides on the design not only performance
    - Board is NEW, 1 weak old

Will return in the evening when i get home and post a picture also if anyone is interested.
    Did you forget to take off the plastic foil protecting the heat sink? Because if you did I'm gonna laugh at it a bit.

The heat sink is covered by a thin plastic film to protect from scratches. It's most likely that unless you poured paint thinner in there. Post a pic just în case but I'm sure it's just the plastic and you can remove that no problem.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mariuscc View Post
    Did you forget to take off the plastic foil protecting the heat sink? Because if you did I'm gonna laugh at it a bit.

The heat sink is covered by a thin plastic film to protect from scratches. It's most likely that unless you poured paint thinner in there. Post a pic just în case but I'm sure it's just the plastic and you can remove that no problem.
    Man I hope you are right and you are going to have one good healthy laugh as soon as i get home and verify my fail . As It stands, I did not remove anything from any heat sinks of the boards since i did not realized that they might have a plastic film over . Do the VRM sinks also have anything covering them or only the chip set does?

I hope you are right, id rather look like a big fool than have issues with the board because i really liked it so far. My ryzen 1600 is clocked to 3790 on + 0.0315 offset (1.280V in Bios, max 1.310 Prime95 FFT test)) and i recon i can get even lower.

Thanks a lot for the reply!
    I was really upset about this issue all day , now i have some hope

Will post the result as soon as i get home

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobot View Post
    Man I hope you are right and you are going to have one good healthy laugh as soon as i get home and verify my fail . As It stands, I did not remove anything from any heat sinks of the boards since i did not realized that they might have a plastic film over . Do the VRM sinks also have anything covering them or only the chip set does?

I hope you are right, id rather look like a big fool than have issues with the board because i really liked it so far. My ryzen 1600 is clocked to 3790 on + 0.0315 offset (1.280V in Bios, max 1.310 Prime95 FFT test)) and i recon i can get even lower.

Thanks a lot for the reply!
    I was really upset about this issue all day , now i have some hope

Will post the result as soon as i get home
    There was plastic wrapping on the logo heat sink what with all the rgb and such. But as far as i remember there was none on the VRM heatsinks.

Let us know how it turns out. Cheers.
    Last edited by mariuscc; 09-26-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Page 25 of 130 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast