Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mariuscc View Post
    Yeah I have similar issues as well.

Black screens, system hangs, systems locks needing power unplug (reset or power button did not work). No mouse trouble tho. They seem to be random and I cannot reproduce them.
    However they happen more often when overclocking my memories or trying to run them at their rated speed and timings (both manual and DOCP settings).

I am running a Ryzen 5 1600 and corsair lpx 3000 c15. Corsair seems to be the worse choice atm for ram on this board. I hope they get fixed soon.

Another bug i saw is, when setting manual timings with docp in uefi if i set 15-17-17 (my mem's rating) the i get 16-17-17 on boot (uefi and windows). If i set 17-17-17 i get 18-17-17 again in both bios and windows. 16-17-17 works no prob. Also the settings that appear in memory timings section are mostly different to what the memory utility is saying for xmp profile.

UEFI is buggy as it stands at this point but we hope that bios programmers are active in fixing them and getting this board working as it shoud

Cheers

PS. If any one has gotten said memories stable at their rated speeds PLEASE let us know how you did it. Thanks.
    You cant forget one thing and thats the memory timing setting in BIOS. You need to set 5 first values manually in order to achieve the rated speed.

First value is CAS latency itself, in your case, 15
    four following values are from the timings given by Corsair, this means you go like 15-17-17-35
    If you screw up the first value, which i think you did, it wont let you use the right timings, because CAS latency and first number in the series must be the same.

New ROGer Array

Guys tell me about those lock ups? I dont experience anything similiar except the LAN cancer. I am running stock 3.7 ghz R5 1600 with 3200MHz CL16 Corsair 2*8GB LPX Vengeance. Also guys, dont forget, the high memory frequencies over 2933 depend on your chip´s intergated memory controller (IMC). My Vengeance runs at 2933MHz with stock timings (CAS 16, 16-18-18-38) but i think i would be able to use smaller timings, but thats not much of an difference at the cost of stability.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Guys tell me about those lock ups? I dont experience anything similiar except the LAN cancer. I am running stock 3.7 ghz R5 1600 with 3200MHz CL16 Corsair 2*8GB LPX Vengeance. Also guys, dont forget, the high memory frequencies over 2933 depend on your chip´s intergated memory controller (IMC). My Vengeance runs at 2933MHz with stock timings (CAS 16, 16-18-18-38) but i think i would be able to use smaller timings, but thats not much of an difference at the cost of stability.
    I am using the same CPU setup at 3.7 @ 1.24 V and same RAM @ 2933 Mhz and 14-16-16-16-32 48 1T timings. SoC is at 1V(downvolted from 1.1).
    Weird thing is; even if you don't use D.O.C.P and manually set all RAM overclockings, BIOS automatically overvolts SoC so you need to undervolt it.

Also, stability is tested with different programs like MemTest, OCCT, Prime95 etc. It's fully stable.
    Last edited by larnon; 07-25-2017 at 12:07 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by larnon View Post
    I am using the same CPU setup at 3.7 @ 1.24 V and same RAM @ 2933 Mhz and 14-16-16-16-32 48 1T timings. SoC is at 1V(downvolted from 1.1).
    Weird thing is; even if you don't use D.O.C.P and manually set all RAM overclockings, BIOS automatically overvolts SoC so you need to undervolt it.

Also, stability is tested with different programs like MemTest, OCCT, Prime95 etc. It's fully stable.
    You will be able to punch in 14-14-14, try that. I havent touched any OC and run at stock speed 3.7 GHz 1,237 V. I will check the SOC tomorrow

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    You will be able to punch in 14-14-14, try that. I havent touched any OC and run at stock speed 3.7 GHz 1,237 V. I will check the SOC tomorrow
    3.7 isn't stock speed though. It is 2-core max boost speed. So it is overclocked. R5 1600 has stock speed of 3.2 but boosts all cores to 3.4 if temperatures allow it and at most 2 cores to 3.7 at stock settings. I overlocked it to 3.7 at all cores @ 1.24 V but it drops to 1.2V under full load because I left LLC to auto. Still stable though. I will try those timings you suggested and report back here if they are stable.

Update 1: LAN issue keeps happening btw. And it's getting more frequent. Now its every first boot of the day.

Update 2: Corsair LPX Vengeance 3200CL16 RAM works fully stable in 2993 Mhz with 14-14-14-14-32-46-382-1T timings @ 1V SoC. MemTest %500 coverage zero errors. But no matter the timings and voltages, 3200Mhz never works.
    Last edited by larnon; 07-26-2017 at 03:51 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AniChatt PC Specs
    AniChatt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ThinkPad X270 i7 7500U
    MotherboardAsus Strix X470-F 4204
    ProcessorR5 1600X 3.90GHz 1.325v
    Memory (part number)FlareX 3000MHz 4x8GB 1.39v
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080
    MonitorLG 29UM69G Ultrawide
    Storage #1960EVO NVMe 250GB
    Storage #2850EVO SATA 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Hello Everybody,
    I have recently upgraded my system to Ryzen 5,
    Here is my new Rig,
    Asus Strix B350F latest bios Version 0805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a
    Ryzen 5 1600X
    G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB F4-3200C14D- 16GFX
    Asus Strix GTX970
    Seasonic X-850 PSU
    Windows Version: 1607 (OS Build 14393, 1480)

Problem Description: After windows installation when I am running my PC just fine suddenly display turns of with or without vga error diagnosis led on mobo. Then nothing, it is not restarting on its own. Sometimes pressing power button also not force shutdown the pc. I need to turn it off by wall power switch and after only a complete power off it can be booted again. Now again no problem but sometimes I have received a bios message for setup it again. Switched GPU in a different PCIe lane again same problem after sometime. If I reset my OC profile to default it does not holds good. However I have tried full power off- reset bios- install gpu in 2nd lane then on and test = OK working. Again OCd CPU and after some time during stress test again screen goes blank and nothing can be done.
    There is something wrong in windows event viewer, in every core (all 12 logical cores) I have received a Error massage in Windows log>System:
    1. "Performance power management features on processor 10 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."
    2. "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

Update 1: Yesterday I just thought that there might be software issue and started to uninstall some software/driver. Since AM4 Chipset Driver comes with Asus Strix B350F motherboard is 1.4 GB and as per I remember during installation of this chipset driver I have seen Radeon. So I thought that this might be the problem. So uninstalled all AMD software, then uninstalled Nvidia Driver> run DDU> cleaned both AMD driver and Nvidia driver one after another. Started windows again and it is running fine without any graphics driver for almost 1 and half hours. Normally I face this problem after 5 to 15 mins after PC starts.
    Update 2: Since I have downloaded the latest Windows 10 iso (founders update) so I decided to clean install windows again. After formatting installed all necessary drivers one by one and then updated windows 10 and others. My pc was on for almost 6.5hrs no problem. This time I have not installed any AMD chipset driver and windows automatically installed them. In device manager not found any unknow device after windows update is complete.
    Update 3: Today morning when I switched it on again now again same problem. The display turns off on its own after 5-10 mins and never recovers unless a full wall switch shutdown. but this time onward no VGA light of mobo is glowing seems fine everything but not the display.
    I am very sure that it is not a hardware problem. Something in the windows 10 either it's update or some driver is causing this issue. I have posted my problem in some other forums as well but till date not received any solution or something. The problem is very annoying for me specially after spending good amount of money on quality components. Please help & Please please keep me informed if you need any info.
    Thanks for reading.
    Update 4: Today morning when I switched it on again now again same problem. The display turns off on its own after 5-10 mins and never recovers unless a full wall switch shutdown. but this time onward no VGA light of mobo is glowing seems fine everything but not the display.

I am very sure that it is not a hardware problem. Something in the windows 10 either it's update or some driver is causing this issue. I have posted my problem in some other forums as well but till date not received any solution or something. The problem is very annoying for me specially after spending good amount of money on quality components. Please help & Please please keep me informed if you need any info.Thanks for reading.

AniChatt PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

But does corsair Link may cause a system freeze with black screen even pc power switch long press not doing anything? And yes I have updated my corsair link to latest version.
    Ok my long story short and my final findings are as follows,
    1. On day one after I installed all my components I have ensured the cpu is sitting properly before closing the latch. Power on my system of old Windwos 10 ssd and before going to windows I setup bios with with latest Asus 0805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a. That time everything was in pure default and my ram profile was auto at 2400MHz 1.20v.
    2. Then clean installed Anniversary edition of Win10 and installed all latest drivers available and windows update (not founders) it is the basic cumulative updates.
    3. Started to experiance RAM issue with mobo amber light blinking sometimes as well as VGA error led sometimes the the display turns off.
    4. Then I started to play with RAM speed (not timining: it is set by the mobo) and found the situation is much stable if I turn of the default D.O.C.P profile which by default switches on 3200Mhz profile (14 timining as written on the stick 1.35v).
    5. Again experianced the problem. Sometimes VGA light is on or the RAM light is on.
    6. After few days no error led but display of, PC freeze even power button is not working
    7. I downloaded Windows 1703 founders clean iso and installed it fresh. The pc was working fantastic that time for upto 7hrs. Completed all installation and update with asus AISuite III till this time.
    8. On next day morning after I woke up and started my pc and the display gone in less than 5 mins. Restarted by switching off UPS. Restarted again same problem and it continued.
    9. I have checked it with different bios setting like> default, SMT on/off, LLC Auto/Regular/medium, SoC LLC Auto/Regular, Slight overclocking without changing voltage, Turned CPB off, even tried under-volting my CPU upto -0.03125 offset.
    I observed one strange behavior of this system: In default when CPB is on this mobo pushes crazy voltage spikes like 1.52v as shown in the left corner of bios but immediately switches back to 1.21v.
    One more thing, If I increase the core ratio say 38 then the voltage automatically increases no matter what I selected in bios. e.g. 38 ratio and core voltage is 1.375(bios) - 0.03125 (offset) but during the stress test HW info and all other programme showing the voltage reaching upto 1.40v on core (LLC of Core and SoC both was regular). But the problem of display is there for every single experiment and it is random.
    10. Again clean installed Windows 10 1703 and this time no AISuite, fan controlled by bios, chipset driver of AMD not asus, tested with two different GPU i.e. GTX970 and R9-290 (cleaned driver as well). Nothing fruitful.
    11. Also tested the memory with memtest for total of 14 Hours and found Zero issues. Also tested with few of my different PSU cables just to ensure it.

Summary:
    This problem is absolute random. Sometimes it takes 5 mins and sometimes 7 hr. But it is there. Nothing to do with overclock, it remains exactly same. Situation improves with 3200Mhz ram clock + R9-290 compared to Auto RAM frequency + GTX970. Found one issue in Prime 95, one worker stopped and returned fatal error, but as per G.Skill tech support it may occur rarely and not a ram problem. Most of the time when it occurs, on the mobo any diagnostic light not glows. When I ac power off the system of course there will be some power in the mobo, now unless it is drained completely, if I switch on the ac power the power button fails to turn on the PC. PC only turns on after the power is drained. But in bios it never ever shows any error or failure or press F1 to config BIOS. But it happens (error and bios set up needed) when the RAM failure occurs with amber mobo led on/blinking but that time, power button works perfectly to switch off the PC (force shut down).
    So the problem is too complicated for me.

AniChatt PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

I have pasted my problem same I have posted in amd forum. I have not found this thread earlier. Sorry for writing too long contents. However I am running hw info as well as corsair link combined in background. Is it causing black screen issue? Because both are posting hardware information to me.

AniChatt PC Specs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseNZXT S340 Razer
    Mouse Corsair Harpoon
    OS Windows 10 1809

Quote Originally Posted by npapanik View Post
    No its not a coincidence: If you have BOTH the AI Suite AND Hwinfo loaded at the same time you will get black screens!!! I have verified this and since I used either of the two (not at the same time) the black screens have stopped!
    Really? Are you sure? I have similar issues and i am running corsair link and hw info in background.

ROG Member Array

I couldn't manage to even run y-cruncher at stock clocks with HWINFO64 running on my X370 Strix, without it running the system is solid as a rock though.

It seems there's either a software or BIOS issue affecting both of these boards.

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast