Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 4G
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 500GB
    Storage #2WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo
    CaseRaidMax Cobra ATX-502WBG
    Power SupplySeasonic S12II 520W Bronze
    OS Windows 10 Professional x64

So just some quick feedback on 3803: For the first time since I got the board, my 3000C15 kit runs at 3000 on DOCP settings instead of 2933! Did few test runs and benchmarks (all still on stock CPU settings) and everything seems stable; no strange CPU clock bugs or RAM instability. I know some folks have had issues with this update, but it appears to work well for me so far.

ROG Member Array DarkHoundOne PC Specs
    DarkHoundOne PC Specs
    MotherboardB350-F ROG STRIX
    ProcessorRyzen 3 1200
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-8GVKB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1050Ti OC
    CaseCoolerMaster MasterBox Lite 5
    Power SupplyCorsair Cx450
    OS Windows 10

Is it just me or is stability on BIOS 3803 almost non existent?

-Letting the RAM run at 2133Mhz seems laggy af and have some things glitching on my desktop and the login screen wallpaper keeps randomly changing, haven't run MEMTEST on this yet.

-3200 D.O.C.P(which used to boot but wasn't stable with all BIOS versions released after I got the board back in November) won't even boot with 3803 and even trying to change timings/ ProcODT got me an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT DEVICE BSOD which wouldn't go away even after I set it back to 2133Mhz and cleared the CMOS.
    (Was able to fix this by replacing boot files with their respective regback files, unstable RAM might have corrupted boot files!?)

-Managed to boot with 3066Mhz and got over 4000% coverage with 0 errors in HCI MEMTEST but then it went right back to being unstable after a reboot and won't even go past 50% coverage without errors.
    (3066Mhz worked fine and had no stability issues with any of the BIOS versions prior to 3803)

--What's worse is there is no *official* way of downgrading back to a previous BIOS.

Thanks a lot ASUS.

ROG Enthusiast Array RaffieKol PC Specs
    RaffieKol PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K (4.2 @ 1.2v)
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Hydro Series H115i
    CaseCORSAIR Carbide Series Air 540
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard CORSAIR Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE
    Mouse Logitech G303
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Qck
    OS Winodows 10 Pro

I decided to put back this tutorial that shows you how to downgrade / flashback / rollback your bios

I just want to say that I am not responsible if this method damages your board in any way.

Here is the link: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-AMD-roll-back
    Last edited by RaffieKol; 02-12-2018 at 09:17 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array RaffieKol PC Specs
    RaffieKol PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K (4.2 @ 1.2v)
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Hydro Series H115i
    CaseCORSAIR Carbide Series Air 540
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard CORSAIR Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE
    Mouse Logitech G303
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Qck
    OS Winodows 10 Pro

Also the PRIME B350-PLUS just got a new beta bios 3805 so I am sure it will also come to the Strix B350-F

ROG Enthusiast Array Fredy M PC Specs
    Fredy M PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix B350 F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 5 1600x
    Memory (part number)CMK8GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    MonitorAOC 22" IPS Panel
    Storage #1Samsung 750 Evo 120GB
    Storage #2WD Blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCorsair 230T Orange
    Power SupplySuperflower Leadex II Gold 650W
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RaffieKol View Post
    I decided to put back this tutorial that shows you how to downgrade / flashback / rollback your bios

I just want to say that I am not responsible if this method damages your board in any way.

Here is the link: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-AMD-roll-back
    thanks a lot mate, really good guide, and as far as I'm concerned it isn't your fault if someone messed up, they should read carefully and do exactly as it is in the post/video, and also know that **** can happen when you tinker with stuff that is not aproved by the manufacturer :P

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fredy M View Post
    thanks a lot mate, really good guide, and as far as I'm concerned it isn't your fault if someone messed up, they should read carefully and do exactly as it is in the post/video, and also know that **** can happen when you tinker with stuff that is not aproved by the manufacturer :P

Well, considering all the **** I get from the "approved" stuff, I wouldnt blame anyone trying to help others get their systems working. 5 months later, the issue with negative temperature readings is still here. Updated to latest BIOS, latest DIP, latest Chipset drivers - no fcking change. Regardless of the fact that I run everything at stock speeds. I still get random cold crashes every now and then, and at this point I've pretty much given up on it. I'll start replacing components next, and most certainly will stay clear of ASUS products...

Fredy M PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 5 1600x
    MonitorAOC 22" IPS Panel
    Storage #2WD Blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCorsair 230T Orange
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by vasilcho View Post
    Well, considering all the **** I get from the "approved" stuff, I wouldnt blame anyone trying to help others get their systems working. 5 months later, the issue with negative temperature readings is still here. Updated to latest BIOS, latest DIP, latest Chipset drivers - no fcking change. Regardless of the fact that I run everything at stock speeds. I still get random cold crashes every now and then, and at this point I've pretty much given up on it. I'll start replacing components next, and most certainly will stay clear of ASUS products...
    your board as well as mine (and possibly many others) has probably a hardware/sensor issue that I belive cannot be fixed with bios updates, mine will not keep the vcore voltage set in Bios into Windows, always overvolts, and no matter what bios I install this problem is always there, so I decided to wait and see what the b450-x470 will bring new and maybe upgrade then...as for blaming others, maybe you wouldn`t but there probably was someone out there that did that, anyways, I`m really glad he decided to bring the video back online
    Last edited by Fredy M; 02-13-2018 at 06:58 PM.

ROG Member Array

So it's not worth it to update to the newer bios ? (I'm still on 1001)

Fredy M PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 5 1600x
    MonitorAOC 22" IPS Panel
    Storage #2WD Blue 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCorsair 230T Orange
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bow View Post
    So it's not worth it to update to the newer bios ? (I'm still on 1001)
    it's kind of a gamble from what I've seen, for some it fixed problems but for some it created new ones, so you can bite the bullet and update and if it isn't up to par you can use the tutorial and revert back to your stable one

ROG Member Array

Hey guys, I am trying to overclock my memory from 2666 to 3200 (Ryzen 5 1600 on the obvious motherboard) and I tried to do a preliminary stability check on memtest86. After 8 consecutive full passes I got 0 memory errors, but I got about 8-10 of the following:

[UEFI Firmware error] : could not start CPU 5

So, I don't know what to make of this. Note that I am on bios 3401, which has worked splendid for me so far (albeit @ 2666 ram). Could that mean memory related instability? I am currently letting memtest run with ram at its stock 2666 speed (never memtested it before, it was stock speed after all and a low one). So, there are two cases:

a) The error doesn't appear again. Then what? Throw a bit more voltage to the CPU for extra stability when @3200? To the ram maybe?

b) The error appears again. Does that mean it is just a faulty bios issue? Can I then safely ignore it?

I haven't found anything relevant so far after googling. Any ideas?

--------------------------------

UPDATE: Right, so I ran some further tests:

-Ran 8 consecutive full passes @3200 with more cpu and ram voltage. 0 memory errors, same UEFI errors (couldn't start cpu 5, around 8-10 of them)

-Ran 8 consecutive full passes @ stock 2666. Exactly the same results: 0 memory errors, same UEFI errors (couldn't start cpu 5, around 8-10 of them)

-Ran 1 full pass @2666 only on core 5. No errors at all (I guess this was expected, the core was always on and didn't need to restart).

-Ran 10 consecutive test-6 passes @3200 for a good IMC smackdown. No errors at all.

Now, this probably means that bios 3401 is a bit buggier than I thought. Having said that, I would still think that these UEFI errors wouldn't cause file or OS corruption long term, hence I think I want to ignore them. What do you think?
    Last edited by Radiologist; 02-15-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Page 72 of 125 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast