Graphics Card #1Integrated
    MonitorSamsung S23C650
    CPU CoolerCorsair Cooling Hydro Series H60
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650x 650W
    Keyboard Logitech K360
    Mouse ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad ASUS Echelon
    OS Windows 10 x64 PRO

It's actually not so miracle to get it to this frequency as when i bought these i saw that seller mentioned code Samsung M378A1K43CB2-CRC,
    which when i searched on youtube shows that these runs on 3333 Mhz easily.
    But for me i'm stuck at 3200 Mhz and when trying to set timing to 19-19-19-32 for example or higher voltage 1.35V does nothing on 3333Mhz,
    it just don't boot at all. Perhaps unmature BIOS for this processor?
    I have 3803 bios for my mobo, there was newer one, but they took it down for some reason. It does noticeable fps boost for my integrated graphic card when increasing memory from 2400 to 3200 Mhz, like 20-25% :-)
    Last edited by spajdr; 03-02-2018 at 02:23 PM.

New ROGer Array dirk.bach PC Specs
    dirk.bach PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo Z850
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix 350 Gaming F
    ProcessorRyzen 1700
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64
    MonitorAOC Q3279VWF
    Storage #1WD 1TB Black
    Storage #2WD 6TB Black
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Cooling
    CaseGamaMax Moonstone
    Power SupplyCorsair RX850 X

ASUS inconsistent in their board production

This board has some strange attitudes. My first board has quit service after 6 months - the lan port has disappeared from one minute to an other .
    With the first board 3200 MHz RAM speed , multiplier set to 38, vcore voltage + 0.05, SOC + 0.05, CPU Load Line set to low, board stable under IBT set to maximum - 10 passes.
    With the new board I hardly can reach 35.5 multiplier under same settings. The skill 8GB Flair 3200 runs stable with 3200.
    Both boards running on same latest bios version 3803
    I think ASUS is very inconsistent in their board production at the moment

ROG Enthusiast Array Fredy M PC Specs
    Fredy M PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WIFI
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5900x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4000C16D-32GTZRA
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    MonitorDell S2721DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK-Aio Basic 360
    CasePhanteks P400A
    Power SupplySuperflower Leadex II Gold 650W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Quote Originally Posted by dirk.bach View Post
    This board has some strange attitudes. My first board has quit service after 6 months - the lan port has disappeared from one minute to an other .
    With the first board 3200 MHz RAM speed , multiplier set to 38, vcore voltage + 0.05, SOC + 0.05, CPU Load Line set to low, board stable under IBT set to maximum - 10 passes.
    With the new board I hardly can reach 35.5 multiplier under same settings. The skill 8GB Flair 3200 runs stable with 3200.
    Both boards running on same latest bios version 3803
    I think ASUS is very inconsistent in their board production at the moment
    yea, I know what you mean and you are right, there are large differences between boards, as you said hardware, manufacturing differences, me personally haven't tried a second board, instead I changed a few cpus and same problem with all, my motherboard, I can't set a vcore voltage, every time the board overvolts by a lot, only way to keep the volts down is to set a "-" sign instead and go down from default 1.375 and it's not llc, no matter what I punch in, what llc I set, the board spits out 1.45-1.48v if i set a "+" sign, I tried to send it back, the retailer said the board works ok, ram is ok I have a 8 Gb kit corsair lpx 3000 running at 3200 with stock cas lat, so yea, as I said in previous posts I'm kinda stuck with it atleast until the new b450-x470 come out and then maybe, hopefully those won't have the same issues and I'll be able to get one at a resonable price not spiked up by the minning craze

New ROGer Array

I have PM'ed elmor over at OC.net and told him of the issues we are having with the B350 Strix (mainly regarding BIOS 3803). He told me he doesn't work on this MoBo personally BUT... If i linked him to a thread on here (this one was best rather than make a fresh one just "for me" as it were) he would try to get someone who does to have a peek and maybe offer some assistance if possible. So all with issues get up in here fast and start typing LMAO!!

Through my (weeks!) of fiddling with this MoBo i have managed to get a somewhat stable system (a few hours ago by doing the following)..... This was practically so random i'm not even sure which part "might have fixed it a bit". But this is what i did:

Powered down rig and removed CMOS battery. Push power to drain. Leave out for a few mins (made a brew LOL!).

Put battery back in and set your options BUT NO MEMORY SETTINGS leave on 2133Mhz AUTO everything. Let the rig reboot after setting .

Enter BIOS again as it boots and set DRAM to 1.39v (this could be different for YOU i have B Die's so input what you "think" will do the speed you desire).

Then choose D.O.C.P. and reboot and this time let the rig enter the OS and then shut it down. Then repeat step one and remove CMOS battery.

Same as before reboot and enter BIOS then add ALL the timings shown in the readout into the respective places REMEMBER nothing but the timings (shown in D.O.C.P.) .

Once again boot into OS then shut down (sounds silly i know!) and once again remove battery/reboot. Personally i then rebooted ONCE more and inputted The Stilts "safe" 3200Mhz timings with a few "tweaks" to aid the DRAM (tRC 30 instead of 28. tRFC 312 instead of 307 tRTP on 12 tRDWR 8) all the rest as per Stilts guide still at 1.39v IT GDM OFF at this time i set ProcODT to 53 and CLDO VDDP to 700.

Then once again powered the rig off COMPLETELY as before BUT don't remove the battery.
    Now as it was late i chucked Memtest64 on for a few hours and it ran without a single error (which it never has for that long). I have had NO BSODS or "funny stuff" happening though it is to early to be 100% as longer tests need to be done imho..... I don't know what part of that "Voodoo" actually helped but it's the best this rig has been since 3803 .

I can't say it will fix YOUR issues (write down your BIOS setting if you don't know them off by heart)...... But if you are struggling you could give it a try.

Didn't mess with any CAD_BUS or RTT settings in fact all others but what i have mentioned are on AUTO. The only way i can see this working is if the MoBo is struggling to remember certain settings and the multiple "hard" CMOS resets seem to have "forced" it somehow to remember settings that were not "sticking" somehow (i know Ryzen "trains" memory something to do with this maybe??? ..... Honestly i have no answers people LMFAO!! it just "worked") I should point out the only way i could get 10+ mins of MemTest64 was with 1.42v and "honking" on all the other voltages and this would STILL error out.

**As you are removing CMOS battery each time you will of course need to re enter MOST settings each time it is removed tiresome and MAYBE not needed. But it is what i did you could try just unplugging/hitting power button if you are to lazy LMAO!!. BUT that's how i did it maybe un needed steps but wanted to include ALL of it**

***Still no IBT AVX V HIGH. Errors out on the third pass.... Though at record GFlops LMAO!! I don't now put much faith in IBT on this rig as it errors out@ stock (??). Can't suss it out tbh even the none AVX version errors out on V HIGH (second or third pass). Realbench runs 15mins easy no issues so thinking of just "not running IBT tbh!!" It's the only thing now that hasn't improved (well one extra pass if lucky so)......***

The only V's i've touched were DRAM to 1.39v CLDO VDDP 700. Rest on AUTO!!!

Thanx.
    Last edited by Darkstalker420; 03-07-2018 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Spelling.

New ROGer Array spajdr PC Specs
    spajdr PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS STRIX B350-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2400G
    Memory (part number)(M378A1K43CB2-CRC) 2x8GB 2400Mhz Samsung
    Graphics Card #1Integrated
    MonitorSamsung S23C650
    CPU CoolerCorsair Cooling Hydro Series H60
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650x 650W
    Keyboard Logitech K360
    Mouse ASUS Cerberus
    Mouse Pad ASUS Echelon
    OS Windows 10 x64 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Fredy M View Post
    yea, I know what you mean and you are right, there are large differences between boards, as you said hardware, manufacturing differences, me personally haven't tried a second board, instead I changed a few cpus and same problem with all, my motherboard, I can't set a vcore voltage, every time the board overvolts by a lot, only way to keep the volts down is to set a "-" sign instead and go down from default 1.375 and it's not llc, no matter what I punch in, what llc I set, the board spits out 1.45-1.48v if i set a "+" sign, I tried to send it back, the retailer said the board works ok, ram is ok I have a 8 Gb kit corsair lpx 3000 running at 3200 with stock cas lat, so yea, as I said in previous posts I'm kinda stuck with it atleast until the new b450-x470 come out and then maybe, hopefully those won't have the same issues and I'll be able to get one at a resonable price not spiked up by the minning craze
    This is exactly what i experience, with default clocks it pumps 1.45V voltage, at least for my Ryzen 2400G and i need to play with offset to decrease it.
    Or alternatively used Ryzen Master and change it there. I managed to get CPU stable, but with overclocking GPU i'm still struggling to have it stable at 1500Mhz for now.
    And to make it even worse AMD still not combine gfx driver with desktop cards, so we got like half year old driver, which is not even Adrenaline version yet.

dirk.bach PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 1700
    MonitorAOC Q3279VWF
    Storage #1WD 1TB Black
    Storage #2WD 6TB Black
    CaseGamaMax Moonstone

Quote Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
    This is exactly what i experience, with default clocks it pumps 1.45V voltage, at least for my Ryzen 2400G and i need to play with offset to decrease it.
    Or alternatively used Ryzen Master and change it there. I managed to get CPU stable, but with overclocking GPU i'm still struggling to have it stable at 1500Mhz for now.
    And to make it even worse AMD still not combine gfx driver with desktop cards, so we got like half year old driver, which is not even Adrenaline version yet.
    Completely different here. Went back to earlier bios, but the issues continue.
    Bios shows 1.237V after + 0.0325 - sensors in windows are showing 1.1875 (incl Ryzen master).
    Now I went back to optimised defaults - RAM at 2400 MHz: Bios = 1.318 V - sensors in Windows 1.09375 V max under IBT stress test.

Now I'm totally confused:
    Before with ram set to 3200 and CPU set to 3550 MHz it finished the test with 1.237 V
    Pushing now the CPU settings under optimised defaults to 3550 MHz the burnin test stalls.
    Mostly this is a reason of under voltage, but respect the bios I have 0.9V higher voltage ....hmm
    I think I will bin this board

New ROGer Array

Hi guys, i bought new Rog Strix b350-f mobo ,ryzen 5 1600 cpu and corsair vegenance lpx 8gb(2x4) 3000mhz RAM. The problem that i have is that when i start any game on my pc it crashes , sometimes after 10 seconds sometimes after 10 minutes, but it always crashes. Drivers are up to date, bios is 3803, ram memory is tested with memtest86 and still i cant get it to work. I've been on this for days and im getting frustrated and i dont know what to do anymore. Tried changing the latencies and timings. Tried downclocking the ram . When i set my ram on prefered options (15-17-17-35) at 1.35 v it wont even boot sometimes. Im sorry that i even bought this mobo.

dirk.bach PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 1700
    MonitorAOC Q3279VWF
    Storage #1WD 1TB Black
    Storage #2WD 6TB Black
    CaseGamaMax Moonstone

Quote Originally Posted by deluxe13 View Post
    Hi guys, i bought new Rog Strix b350-f mobo ,ryzen 5 1600 cpu and corsair vegenance lpx 8gb(2x4) 3000mhz RAM. The problem that i have is that when i start any game on my pc it crashes , sometimes after 10 seconds sometimes after 10 minutes, but it always crashes. Drivers are up to date, bios is 3803, ram memory is tested with memtest86 and still i cant get it to work. I've been on this for days and im getting frustrated and i dont know what to do anymore. Tried changing the latencies and timings. Tried downclocking the ram . When i set my ram on prefered options (15-17-17-35) at 1.35 v it wont even boot sometimes. Im sorry that i even bought this mobo.
    Reset the board and start with optimised defaults only, make the cpu stability test with IBT -ASX
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvII_NdJUDCHkyxKHLRGKdpq-kuK

Than test the graphic card with furmark http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/furmark.html

If this is stable, take on the to optimize memory and start overclocking
    Last edited by dirk.bach; 03-07-2018 at 09:15 PM.

New ROGer Array

6300 Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by dirk.bach View Post
    Reset the board and start with optimised defaults only, make the cpu stability test with IBT -ASX https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvII_NdJUDCHkyxGuQCzEHXcvK-9
    Than test the graphic card with furmark http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/furmark.html

If this is stable, take on the to optimize memory and start overclocking
    For how long should i test the graphic card ? Since i have already tested it on furmark and it runs well at about 72 degrees C.

dirk.bach PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 1700
    MonitorAOC Q3279VWF
    Storage #1WD 1TB Black
    Storage #2WD 6TB Black
    CaseGamaMax Moonstone

Quote Originally Posted by deluxe13 View Post
    For how long should i test the graphic card ? Since i have already tested it on furmark and it runs well at about 72 degrees C.
    About 5 minutes should be fine to test stability and temperatures. 72 degrees is quite normal for today's graphic cards. What graphic card do you have?

Page 75 of 146 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast