Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks.

When I set it up originally, I set everything manually and it seemed to be working well. After I started having issues I tried resetting and reflashing the bios a few times and even with stock bios settings it wasn't working. Before I put it back on the bench today I couldn't even get into bios.

After I set it back up on the bench and it booted, I just used the DOCP for a quick test. As it is right now, I am back to my original 3.8 cpu and 3200 memory settings with manual settings on both.

I haven't tried playing with the voltage offset yet. I will try your settings and see what happens.
    Currently I an at 1.395 on the core voltage. Just ran AIDA64 for 30 minutes with no issues and am about to run realbench.

The only thing changed between the bench setup and my case is my watercooler. I had seen a couple times that their could be occasional "hickups" with EKwaterblocks and I am starting to wonder if that is my issue as well. On the bench is just a coolermaster cooler.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Some of the EK waterblocks ship with a gasket that is mildly conductive. If you have one that is, it will cause POST issues like those mentioned in this thread. You can request a new gasket from EK, or mask the current one with non-conductive tape.

Thanks

That's kinda what I was wondering about. I have the new Fluid Gaming A240 and assumed it had whatever updated stuff they had. I will try to get ahold of them and see if they can tell me what's up with it.

Right now I have it back in my case without the loop. I am running my old coolermaster hyper 212 evo and "so far"...it seems to be working ok.
    Last edited by PakRatJR; 07-16-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Well. as of last night all my programs are installed and again, so far everything seems to be working as it should.

I am actually a tad surprised really that my loop was the cause of things. It has been installed on my previous setup for over a month with no issues at all.

I already had the return for the board and cpu set up with newegg before I set thing back up without the loop and I think I have a week or so before it auto cancels. I will be playing with it as excessively as possible for the next few days and if it stays working I guess I will cancel the return.

In the mean time as mentioned previously, I will getting ahold of ekwb and see whats up with things and hope they have a fix. I do have leftovers from my previous loops over the years and found a different mount plate gasket that I can try as well but I will be waiting until next weekend at least before I take things back apart. Assuming it continues to run

As a recap of things tho..
    1403 bios
    Latest Aura
    1700x @3.8...for now
    FlareX @3200...for now

I couldn't wait till the weekend so I took things back apart and got it back on water. I dug out my old water cooling stuff and grabbed a isolator gasket out of the pile. Only "downfall" of sorts is that it is for AM3 of course No prob tho. I did send EKWB a message about the issue and am currently waiting to hear back from them.

Spent close to a hour running various stress tests and benchmarks and whatnot pretty much back to back and so far no issues......famous last words lol....

Also hooked up a rgb strip right away and Aura seems to be working just fine. I only wish I could sync my MSI card with it but oh well.

I will play for a couple more days before I cancel the RMA through Newegg but......again famous last words....I have a good feeling about things this time

Hi all

Just thought I would give a quick update on things here.

I am happy to report that every thing seems to be running as it should. I am still having a bit of a time wrapping my head around my water loop being the cause of my issues with this....and now assuming with my first set of hardware as well. But, since the previous post, I have been running 100% *(see farther down)* smooth, stable and cool

1403 BIOS
    1700x @3.8 on 1.395 v
    FlareX 16gig @3200 on 1.35v
    Temps on water 20s @ idle and 40s @ full load. Think I topped out at 43c
    100% stable.
    I also did get a new cpu mount gasket from EKWB to try out. They did mention that the new "A" kits do have the proper new gasket but they sent me another to try anyway. I haven't tried it yet tho.

*I was running the cpu at 3.9 and 1.43v for a couple days. It actually seemed perfectly stable but it did crash hard on me last night while running the realbench stress test. 14 minutes into the 15 minute run and crashed straight to a nonstop, rapid fire code 8 bootloop. I could probably play with things a bit more and try to figure out why, but for now I just put it back to 3.8.*

Don't seem to have any boot problems eather. Even tho I basically never shut the system off in "normal" conditions, I have been playing a bit with it. The only time it seems to have any issues is if I actually unplug it power wise. When I plug it back in and hit the button, it goes through several start attempts before it boots to windows. Boots and reboots normal with no issues after that tho, so......basically works for me

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1GTX980
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Yeah, electricity gremlins are some of the most devilish. Glad you got it sorted.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2