Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mario64 View Post
    Under load I am seeing around 45-46db. Blade gets up to 52-55db under load. Also, Zephyrus fans do not whine like the Blade *
    Did you get to try the Whisper mode? Any idea how much it helps?
    Main reason is, Ill just my laptop mainly on the couch, besides my girlfriend who is reading/watching tv, and I think the G73/G751 has an acceptable noise level. I could go a bit over, but nowhere like the Blade Pro seemingly is..

45db of "wind noise" > 45db of fan spinning.

Otherwise, i might have to checkout the GL702 or GS73VR 7RG

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mbrouillette View Post
    Did you get to try the Whisper mode? Any idea how much it helps?
    Main reason is, Ill just my laptop mainly on the couch, besides my girlfriend who is reading/watching tv, and I think the G73/G751 has an acceptable noise level. I could go a bit over, but nowhere like the Blade Pro seemingly is..

45db of "wind noise" > 45db of fan spinning.

Otherwise, i might have to checkout the GL702 or GS73VR 7RG
    WHisper mode is an Nvidia setting that is only specific to certain game profiles that they preset, from what I recall. It did nothing for me. Best way to run a laptop/pc quietly is to create a custom power setting in Windows. Right click your battery icon in the system tray, choose power options, "create a power plan" (I call mine "quiet gaming") they when you go to change that plan's settings, you can do "advanced power settings" and in there, you have a lot of customization, like how much CPU you want to allow it to use, passive cooling, etc. It can put a bit of a performance hit on your machine, but so many games don't need to have full power. I laptop in bed, next to my wife, while she sleeps and mine doesn't bother her at all.

I also put electrical tape on the underside red accent lights, so that doesn't disturb her either.

Just received Asus GX501VSK with 1TB M.2 SATA SSD.

CPU and GPU are re-pasted with Gelid GC Extreme and CPU is undervolted by 0.130V with XTU.
    Playing PUBG on ultra setting gives me CPU 74°C and GPU 64°C.
    Fan noise goes up to 40db and It is very quiet compare to G752(48db) and GL702(55db) during load.
    Last edited by nday76; 01-28-2018 at 08:43 AM.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up Black Screen Issues

Dear Asus and Xotic PC,

My name and Jorge Haddad and on November 29, 2017 I have made the purchase of the product GX501 (VI) notebook gaming that costs the value of 3,000US. It was made through the Xotic PC that customizes notebook computers and are very respected in the market (I did intense research) with 24 Gb Ram and the exchange of SSD for 1TB.

Unfortunately, after 15 days the computer started to display black screen at start up, with the HDMI cable through the TV being the only way to communicate and save my data. The computer does not enter the BIOS and I made a new installation for windows 10 without success to rule out drivers.
    But the big problem is below.

1) I had to spend more than 10 hours talking to Asus agents to try to send my product with customizations allowed by the companies and not to be discarded. Ironic a company that by market stimulates the customization does not accept different parts when you send to repair the problem.

2) I ordered my product to be delivered the next day, which would be January 4, when FedEx took it to the agency in Texas, someone said to take it the next day because it was still closed. I had to stay on the phone for countless hours to DISCOVER what had happened and ask to take it on the same day (detail that FedEx is an Asus partner)

3) The product arrived in the department on the same day after numerous attachments, but the product only began to be repaired according to the Asus agent on 01/08 (Monday).

4) I called today 1/15/2018 a week after the repair and the agent brings me a lot of bad news. First the repair only started on day 11 and they did not find the problem and if is necessary they will have replaced with a refurbished computer.

I bought a 3,000 US laptop believing Asus to be the best brand and this is the most frustrating experience of my life. I look forward to a quick solution to this problem. You sold me a unit with a problem.

My patience has unfortunately ended and from now on, if there isn’t a quick solution I will take different measures.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeselemhaddad View Post
    Dear Asus and Xotic PC,

My name and Jorge Haddad and on November 29, 2017 I have made the purchase of the product GX501 (VI) notebook gaming that costs the value of 3,000US. It was made through the Xotic PC that customizes notebook computers and are very respected in the market (I did intense research) with 24 Gb Ram and the exchange of SSD for 1TB.

Unfortunately, after 15 days the computer started to display black screen at start up, with the HDMI cable through the TV being the only way to communicate and save my data. The computer does not enter the BIOS and I made a new installation for windows 10 without success to rule out drivers.
    But the big problem is below.

1) I had to spend more than 10 hours talking to Asus agents to try to send my product with customizations allowed by the companies and not to be discarded. Ironic a company that by market stimulates the customization does not accept different parts when you send to repair the problem.

2) I ordered my product to be delivered the next day, which would be January 4, when FedEx took it to the agency in Texas, someone said to take it the next day because it was still closed. I had to stay on the phone for countless hours to DISCOVER what had happened and ask to take it on the same day (detail that FedEx is an Asus partner)

3) The product arrived in the department on the same day after numerous attachments, but the product only began to be repaired according to the Asus agent on 01/08 (Monday).

4) I called today 1/15/2018 a week after the repair and the agent brings me a lot of bad news. First the repair only started on day 11 and they did not find the problem and if is necessary they will have replaced with a refurbished computer.

I bought a 3,000 US laptop believing Asus to be the best brand and this is the most frustrating experience of my life. I look forward to a quick solution to this problem. You sold me a unit with a problem.

My patience has unfortunately ended and from now on, if there isn’t a quick solution I will take different measures.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused, please provide to me your RMA# and I'll have this rectified for you as soon as possible. Sorry for the trouble.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by nday76 View Post
    Just received Asus GX501VSK with 1TB M.2 SATA SSD.

CPU and GPU are re-pasted with Gelid GC Extreme and CPU is undervolted by 0.130V with XTU.
    Playing PUBG on ultra setting gives me CPU 69~74°C and GPU 64°C.
    Playing Overwatch, GTAV, and Skyrim(modded) on ultra setting gives me CPU ~68°C.
    Fan noise goes up to 40db and It is very quiet compare to G752(48db) and GL702(55db) during load.
    I would love to do this as well, I've done that many time with old laptops. Built my own rig. Due to the nature with ASUS warranty, I am not risking it. I know EVGA would still honor the warranty on GPU when I swap them all into custom watercooling.

ASUS... come on.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeselemhaddad View Post
    I experienced this black screen thing. Putting the system to sleep and powering it back on allowed the internal display to function.

I don't know what caused it really. I honestly do believe it was driver related...

That being said, if you did that and it didn't work maybe your GPU was faulty, but the black screen on power up + external monitors working was something I experienced first hand before returning the system.

New ROGer Array

Asus Never More

Quote Originally Posted by Jeslijar View Post
    I experienced this black screen thing. Putting the system to sleep and powering it back on allowed the internal display to function.

I don't know what caused it really. I honestly do believe it was driver related...

That being said, if you did that and it didn't work maybe your GPU was faulty, but the black screen on power up + external monitors working was something I experienced first hand before returning the system.
    Thank you for that information.

DO you believe i have sent to Asus and they say 7 to 10 business days AND THEY COULDN'T REPAIR, said they couldn't find the problem.

I have asked to return to me without the repair for the estimated time. i will change in the for a new one in the store.

New ROGer Array

Sorry for the trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by OnePiece@ASUS View Post
    I apologize for the inconvenience caused, please provide to me your RMA# and I'll have this rectified for you as soon as possible. Sorry for the trouble.
    I have send more than 12 emails, spoke literally with more than 25 agents and 4 supervisors and after 10 business days, no FEEDBACK and NO REPAIR in the estimated time.

And Asus call themselves a serious company?

I am sorry, but how should i fell about everything?

IT WAS MY WORST MISTAKE BUYING THIS NOTEBOOK...

ASUS COULD NOT REPAIR ONE OF THEIR OWN NOTEBOOKS.

THE COMPANY HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE COSTUMER

Quote Originally Posted by Jeslijar View Post

Black screen on boot is not a symptom specific to GX501 either.
    G752 and GL702 I used to own had the same symptom.
    Had to restart or put to sleep.
    It happened once or twice a month so I didn't bother.

I don't know what Asus will say about this issue.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast