Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeselemhaddad View Post
    I have send more than 12 emails, spoke literally with more than 25 agents and 4 supervisors and after 10 business days, no FEEDBACK and NO REPAIR in the estimated time...
    Sorry, we may still need your RMA# to process further confirmation. Sorry for the trouble.

So, I'm about to buy the GX501, but it seems there are alot of problems! :-(

Has there been any updates on the speaker issue and the screen problems?

ROG Member Array

i have been a zephyrus owner for few mount and complaint about issue it have but , i still would like to say that it is the best gaming laptop for it's form factor that there is out there
    so yes i would recommend buying it cheers

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonablehippo View Post
    So, I'm about to buy the GX501, but it seems there are alot of problems! :-(

Has there been any updates on the speaker issue and the screen problems?
    Just picked mine up today at the Microsoft store. I figure if I have any crazy issues over the next month. I can always return it. I picked up a Microsoft Surface 2 15" as well. I guess if I have crazy issues on the Asus, I'll just cut my losses and use the Surface 2 for everything and wait for the next generation of Nvidia laptops.

I have to say. I absolutely love the GX501 so far. The design is beautiful overall. Sleek and very cool looking design. And it fits in my small streamlined Tumi carbon fiber backpack that tandems on my matching Tumi international size suitcase when I travel (the first time I laptop with these kinds of specs has fit in this thing!). Yay! I can game on the go again with decent hardware. Bye bye 15" Macbook Pro (Now my GF's laptop... lol)!

I seem to have gotten lucky so far with the screen. The screen is ink black with no backlight issues, and so far not a single dead pixel. If I don't get any other significant problems over the next few weeks, I'm going to feel like I won the lottery!

1) As someone else mentioned, it's a fingerprint magnet, no matter how clean your hands are it picks up prints. I think the key here is to just touch it everywhere all over until it has a uniform mottled appearance (fingerprint camo).

2) I noticed the speaker issue at initial startup. Cortina started out with her voice being fine, but then towards the end she picked up a static/metallic sibilance in the right speaker that went away after the first update reboot. I haven't heard it since that reboot and have been playing mostly the newest Wolfenstein and some Subnautica and Final Fantasy XV. If this issue is intermittent it isn't a deal breaker for me, because I'll be using my Kaiser Encore 10 custom in-ear monitors with the system a lot. The sound is actually pretty decent, but the fans do get loud when playing the above games cranked up to their highest settings (another good reason for using the custom in-ear monitors, as they block out almost all outside noise completely).

I'll update if I have any further issues. Hopefully I got lucky! But, if not, that's the advantage of buying locally at a Microsoft storefront...
    Last edited by QueueCumber; 03-15-2018 at 06:28 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    ROG_HARDCORE PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GX501VI Zephyrus
    MotherboardROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4-4700MHz Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #2ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #3ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Graphics Card #4ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Platinum edition
    Monitor2X ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q
    Storage #12TB Samsung 960 PRO
    Storage #22TB Samsung 960 PRO

My Zephyrus was perfect until The battery become balloon..seriously inflated. Guys, If you notice slight bump up from the keyboard, immediately remove the battery or Send to RMA. The damaged battery IS HAZARDOUS and may cause fires! no joke. At the same time it will damage the keyboard first. After the explosion or fire hazard, your 2699$ usd will go to waste.

Notices:
    After Reverse engineering, the battery have build in Thermal sensor as well as overcharging protection. So what causes the fault? First, The NVME SSD head spread across the battery when heavy usage, such as Gaming and massive read and write. The battery experience 50C of temperature, on its surrounding. Since the NVME use casing as heat spreader , the heat will eventually transfer to the battery. Second, The battery Quality is poor.

The battery is made up of four 2.9mm thick, 70mm long and 70 mm width [ ATL 387175 ] 12.16Wh , 3.85V, 4.2V full charge Li-ion ion battery. Same battery manufacturer for Galaxy Note 7.Again, NO JOKE.

At the point i'm typing this, All the zephyrus GX501 should be illegal to be onboard the aircraft. We noticed that the battery inflation are not caused by pressures or over-current / voltage. The temperature threshold are so low that even 45C is already considered dangerous! As a conclusion, the battery are not stable!

@Asus please be aware and we demand actions to be taken prior to our safety.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ROG_HARDCORE View Post
    My Zephyrus was perfect until The battery become balloon..seriously inflated. Guys, If you notice slight bump up from the keyboard, immediately remove the battery or Send to RMA. The damaged battery IS HAZARDOUS and may cause fires! no joke. At the same time it will damage the keyboard first. After the explosion or fire hazard, your 2699$ usd will go to waste.

Notices:
    After Reverse engineering, the battery have build in Thermal sensor as well as overcharging protection. So what causes the fault? First, The NVME SSD head spread across the battery when heavy usage, such as Gaming and massive read and write. The battery experience 50C of temperature, on its surrounding. Since the NVME use casing as heat spreader , the heat will eventually transfer to the battery. Second, The battery Quality is poor.

The battery is made up of four 2.9mm thick, 70mm long and 70 mm width [ ATL 387175 ] 12.16Wh , 3.85V, 4.2V full charge Li-ion ion battery. Same battery manufacturer for Galaxy Note 7.Again, NO JOKE.

At the point i'm typing this, All the zephyrus GX501 should be illegal to be onboard the aircraft. We noticed that the battery inflation are not caused by pressures or over-current / voltage. The temperature threshold are so low that even 45C is already considered dangerous! As a conclusion, the battery are not stable!

@Asus please be aware and we demand actions to be taken prior to our safety.
    I'm sort of screwed either way between the gx501 and surface 2. My battery could swell on the gx501 or it could run out even when plugged in with the surface 2.... 😢

New ROGer Array

Last night, I closed the laptop while still running and went to bed. This morning, the laptop didn't wake from sleep when I jiggled the mouse and pressed buttons. I pushed the power button and the ROG logo came up like a normal boot, and then the screen went blank (as normal), but bootup did not go any further. I pushed the power button again and the laptop turned off, and then I pushed the power button again and it started normally.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hello, just purchased my GX501 and I seem to notice that the fans spin loudly and don't quiet down even while idle.
    I've checked my processes and don't see anything running out of the ordinary.
    Has anyone experience this?

Also the ROG Gaming Center (one found in GX501VSK drivers) shows the core clock as 0 and does not change.

Please advise. Thanks!

ROG Member Array mhe PC Specs
    mhe PC Specs
    MotherboardSTRIX X99 Gaming
    Processor5930K @4.25GHz
    Graphics Card #1STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    Graphics Card #2STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    Sound CardOnboard SupremeFX
    MonitorPhilips BDM4065UC, RoG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110
    CaseCorsair Vengeance C70
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Mionix Zibal 60
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Beyerdynamic MMX 300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS Win 10 Pro 64Bit
    Accessory #1 Oculus Rift CV1
    Accessory #2 Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pedals
    Accessory #3 Obutto r3volution

Quote Originally Posted by marlone View Post
    Hello, just purchased my GX501 and I seem to notice that the fans spin loudly and don't quiet down even while idle.
    I've checked my processes and don't see anything running out of the ordinary.
    Has anyone experience this?

Also the ROG Gaming Center (one found in GX501VSK drivers) shows the core clock as 0 and does not change.

Please advise. Thanks!
    I did. Approx 2 months after I got mine, the left fan started to be annoyingly noisy. Since I need a notebook for work and am on the road for prolonged periods of time I can't RMA it conventionally as Asus tends to take their bloody time with any kind of RMA.

Video of mine making noise at various rpm: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w9nr8t0dd...81324.mp4?dl=0

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Storm View Post
    Yea, the first one I purchased the screen only lasted for a about 10 seconds before going completely black, 2nd one lasted a bit better, screen sometimes works, but nearly all the time goes black and had to reformat the computer without the screen working, lol.

Our first ROG Zephyrus had the black screen boot issue a couple days into using it, so we returned it. *We bought a second laptop and it suffered the same issue after a couple days, black screen at boot. *You could connect each to an external monitor, so my opinion is this is a design issue with the video card wiring to the screen.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast