Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Seekario View Post
    can you please ask your friend or when you get yours , how are the temperatures while gaming on ultra.
    I get between low 80's and 86.
    While playing Black dessert or Overwatch ill give it a try on League of legends which is not too demanding, but I really hear my fan going while gaming...
    Will do. In the meantime, in case you haven't seen this... Notebookcheck's in-depth review of the Zephy
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-R....230546.0.html

New ROGer Array

Zephyrus

Quote Originally Posted by jocavedd View Post
    Hey guys, just got mine. Are the speakers that bad or I have a faulty unit. I get a lot of distortion at times specially from the right speaker. You tube is the worse. During gaming and Netflix/Spotify is also bad if I get past 70%. Headphones sound is perfect. Anyone with a similar experience? Thanks!
    I'm having the same issue. For me it's the left speaker - has a high pitched "twangy" sound (if that makes any sense. I thought I blew my speaker, but when I restarted it it went back to normal. Seems to be sporadic. Not sure what it is.

New ROGer Array

So far I've been very impressed with the Zephyrus. I haven't had any speaker issues, but I have had a number of other problems. Occasionally after waking from sleep, hibernation, or even after starting up the screen won't transition to the lock screen after the ROG splash screen comes up. I've recently started using a second monitor with it and will see if that resolves the issue.

In addition to that I've had several programs crash/close/exit on their own, namely Discord and Battle.net. Research on the issue suggests that running in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 may resolve this problem. I will see if that fixes it.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Varanack View Post
    So far I've been very impressed with the Zephyrus. I haven't had any speaker issues, but I have had a number of other problems. Occasionally after waking from sleep, hibernation, or even after starting up the screen won't transition to the lock screen after the ROG splash screen comes up. I've recently started using a second monitor with it and will see if that resolves the issue.

In addition to that I've had several programs crash/close/exit on their own, namely Discord and Battle.net. Research on the issue suggests that running in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 may resolve this problem. I will see if that fixes it.
    Discord crashes on every single system I have it installed on (total 4 different systems). Battle.net occasionally has been crashing for me but not that often.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Discord crashes on every single system I have it installed on (total 4 different systems). Battle.net occasionally has been crashing for me but not that often.
    That's very true. Both of those programs are far from free from having their own issues. I haven't had any crashes during gaming or anything else, so I am thankful about that.

Regarding my other issue, running a second monitor does not seem to resolve the issue. I've updated my graphics, bios, and other drivers and am still encountering the problem. Doing a power cycle with the power button seems to remedy it, though occasionally it will run a disk check/repair after rebooting. Does anyone think it's possible the issue may be with my hard drive?

As an additional bit of information, I encounter this problem regardless of how the computer is put into sleep, hibernate, or shut down.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Varanack View Post
    That's very true. Both of those programs are far from free from having their own issues. I haven't had any crashes during gaming or anything else, so I am thankful about that.

Regarding my other issue, running a second monitor does not seem to resolve the issue. I've updated my graphics, bios, and other drivers and am still encountering the problem. Doing a power cycle with the power button seems to remedy it, though occasionally it will run a disk check/repair after rebooting. Does anyone think it's possible the issue may be with my hard drive?

As an additional bit of information, I encounter this problem regardless of how the computer is put into sleep, hibernate, or shut down.
    By the sounds of it, this could be a hard drive issue.

ROG Member Array

Hey guys, can you check your battery wear level using an app such as BatteryBar or BatteryInfoView? Mine registered 3.2% wear when I got my Zephy last Friday, two full drain and charge sessions later it's at 7.4%

New ROGer Array

It's pretty nice, though it's not as powerful as I expected, GW2 at max graphics settings only runs at 70-80fps rather than 100+ as I hoped for, but still a blessing none the less to play games at 60+ fps. And keyboards gets warm to a little hot, but never bothers me. Aside from those 2 minor factors I think the gx501 is still the best/ultimate laptop ever made successfully.

Edit: I forgot to mention the first 2 gx501 had a faulty video card/monitor and had to return it, but the 3rd one works like a charm.
    Last edited by Silver Storm; 08-29-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by rpc72 View Post
    Hey guys, can you check your battery wear level using an app such as BatteryBar or BatteryInfoView? Mine registered 3.2% wear when I got my Zephy last Friday, two full drain and charge sessions later it's at 7.4%
    Can you clarify this in more details?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Storm View Post
    It's pretty nice, though it's not as powerful as I expected, GW2 at max graphics settings only runs at 70-80fps rather than 100+ as I hoped for, but still a blessing none the less to play games at 60+ fps. And keyboards gets warm to a little hot, but never bothers me. Aside from those 2 minor factors I think the gx501 is still the best/ultimate laptop ever made successfully.

Edit: I forgot to mention the first 2 gx501 had a faulty video card/monitor and had to return it, but the 3rd one works like a charm.
    What kind of issues were you having with the video card/monitor? Just DoA?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast