Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

For those that have speaker related issues, please PM me with your serial number so we can track the notebook in our system and also see if there are other returned units in the same batch with the same problem.

New ROGer Array

eSupport

Quote Originally Posted by Seekario View Post
    One lucky buyer here
    Well the keyboard isn't as bad as it seems , it takes a bit of taking use to it , but I use it with no problems ...

I didn't attempt to change the number pad to any other key
    Is extremely quiet , like extremely like 35 decibels under heavy load , which is pretty good .

Battery lasts about 2 to 3 hours under low usage , 1:30 to 2 hours under gaming .

I couldn't confirm CPU / GPU downgrade , I didn't noticed any downgrade when using a external monitor everything seem to stay the same.
    Any other questions? I'm loving the looks and the performance , runs everything one 1080 resolution , so I'm happy , extremely light and portable ? Loving this laptops, looks pretty well build , pretty sure it will last me a long time .
    Hi. Can please someone offer me the folder called "esupport" from c: for this laptop? I've lost mine by mistake, and it's hard to find it. I really nead it. Thank you so much

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Andyluca6933 View Post
    Hi. Can please someone offer me the folder called "esupport" from c: for this laptop? I've lost mine by mistake, and it's hard to find it. I really nead it. Thank you so much
    You might need to contact technical support for a request like this or ask someone who owns this model can send these files to you.

New ROGer Array

eDriver

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    You might need to contact technical support for a request like this or ask someone who owns this model can send these files to you.
    Hi. Yes, this is what i try. I want someone who can send me his files. If someone whith this model gx501 can, please let me know here. I offer 20£/€.Thank you

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Varanack View Post
    What kind of issues were you having with the video card/monitor? Just DoA?
    Yea, the first one I purchased the screen only lasted for a about 10 seconds before going completely black, 2nd one lasted a bit better, screen sometimes works, but nearly all the time goes black and had to reformat the computer without the screen working, lol.

Hey guys,

I have a Zephyrus with the 1080, love the laptop.

Pros - I like the keyboard and trackpad a lot. No issues with the trackpad as some of stated and I like how it is on the right side of the machine.
    - Overall design is slick and it feels like a premium laptop. (did cost about 4k w/ tax CAD)
    - Lots of ports (USB)
    - 1080 Overclocks pretty well, runs any game on High and Ultra w/ 1440p setting (nvidia drivers )
    - Really quite
    - Amazing 120hrz gsync screen

Cons - Finger prints are everywhere you touch the chassis
    - No extra storeage space inside the machine
    - Max 24GB of RAM upgradeable (1 x 8GB onboard 1x8GB replaceable)
    - Have one white stuck pixel top of the screen

Other than those few things, I love the laptop.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by covahmos View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a Zephyrus with the 1080, love the laptop.

Pros - I like the keyboard and trackpad a lot. No issues with the trackpad as some of stated and I like how it is on the right side of the machine.
    - Overall design is slick and it feels like a premium laptop. (did cost about 4k w/ tax CAD)
    - Lots of ports (USB)
    - 1080 Overclocks pretty well, runs any game on High and Ultra w/ 1440p setting (nvidia drivers )
    - Really quite
    - Amazing 120hrz gsync screen

Cons - Finger prints are everywhere you touch the chassis
    - No extra storeage space inside the machine
    - Max 24GB of RAM upgradeable (1 x 8GB onboard 1x8GB replaceable)
    - Have one white stuck pixel top of the screen

Other than those few things, I love the laptop.
    Good review, thanks for sharing

ROG Member Array

I am also having the speaker issue. It is producing high pitch distortion sound when the issue happens. However, it can be resolve by restarting or just wait for a few minutes. I tried reinstall a clean Windows, but failed. Hopefully, there will be a solution in the future.

My unit was manufactured in Aug. BIOS version is 300

New ROGer Array

Same Issue

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTERS View Post
    I am also having the speaker issue. It is producing high pitch distortion sound when the issue happens. However, it can be resolve by restarting or just wait for a few minutes. I tried reinstall a clean Windows, but failed. Hopefully, there will be a solution in the future.

My unit was manufactured in Aug. BIOS version is 300
    Hi, got the same issue with my ASUS GX501. Is there any solution out now? I had an Alieware 15 R3 before and it had also distrortion with Realtek Drivers. A Driver Update solved the issue later.

I wonder why do you have a newer BIOS Version? Do you have the GTX1070 or 1080? I can only find the BIOS 201 for my model.

Ex-employee Array

Our team is working on new FW/driver to address the distortion issue, once I have any updates on my end then I will let everyone know.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast