Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by DJRiful View Post
    If you undervold -125mV, will it drops another 10c? 70c on load? Doeet!
    This one is already with undervolt. The values vary from game to game. E.g. BF1 is a very CPU and GPU demanding game and we have a "shared heatsink". Therfore temperateues can raise a bit. Nevertheless when the system is under heavy load (GPU and CPU) I'm not above 80-84 degrees. Normal is 70 - 75 under normal load like Dark Souls 3. One tip to drop temperatures is to play non FPS games not in 120hz. You can choose 60hz or 85hz to drastically drop temperatures and fan noise. My values above are with 120hz. With MSI Afterburner you can limit FPS.

New ROGer Array

Screen Going Blank/Corruption & Crashing

I've been having what sounds like very similar issues.

Since getting the laptop, on occasion, just after the BIOS ROG logo, it would go completely blank and would require a hard reset. Over time it appeared to get worse and actually ended up with a second symptom. Sometimes at the Windows logon page the screen would go all corrupted, crazy colours and unresponsive.

Over time I have noticed the corruption happens at different times, not just after booting. Today I noticed that it seems to happen more when waking up from sleep.

I had an existing case open with Asus, given that this has happened over multiple Geforce drivers. They suggested a Windows re-install. I did that (complete wipe, deleted personal files). I only got as far as installing Firefox, when the screen corruption happened again. Screenshot attached showing this.

Seems awfully coincidental having two display issues, I'm willing to bet they're linked.

Asus have arranged an RMA, which is a royal pain given that I'm due to travel next week for work! Also wanted the laptop over Christmas for some VR with my extended family. Guess that's me snookered on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by sirvink View Post
    For me, a boot after power off is very quick, but when waking it up after going into sleep mode, it takes forever. It will come up eventually on it's own, after about 5 minutes of waiting. If I get ti red of waiting, I can click it back to sleep, then wake again and it seems to pop up right away. Still trying to diagnose why this is happening. Asus clearly released this beautiful laptop before running it through it's paces.

I have two other issues:
    No way to turn off accent lighting for the logo on the back and especially the lighting underneath. When I take this to work, I need it to look like a business laptop. I can put black tape over the "Republic of gamers" below the screen and I am putting tape over the LEDs that light up under the laptop. I should not have to.

The other issue is the Gaming Center key above the number pad. It always pops up the gaming center app in the background. Anyway to make it pop to the front? Very small issue.

Suggestion for the future: Make the number pad a fully customizable touch screen, where we can draw our own buttons, bring in images from the web, use our own colors and set the positioning of it all. Turn it into a real gaming pad. Either that or do away with the touch pad completely and make it a real number pad with physical buttons. I never laptop with a touch pad.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 20171117_172656.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Our team is working on new FW/driver to address the distortion issue, once I have any updates on my end then I will let everyone know.
    What is the status on this Bahz? It has been two months...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by scottym View Post
    I've been having what sounds like very similar issues.

Since getting the laptop, on occasion, just after the BIOS ROG logo, it would go completely blank and would require a hard reset. Over time it appeared to get worse and actually ended up with a second symptom. Sometimes at the Windows logon page the screen would go all corrupted, crazy colours and unresponsive.

Over time I have noticed the corruption happens at different times, not just after booting. Today I noticed that it seems to happen more when waking up from sleep.

I had an existing case open with Asus, given that this has happened over multiple Geforce drivers. They suggested a Windows re-install. I did that (complete wipe, deleted personal files). I only got as far as installing Firefox, when the screen corruption happened again. Screenshot attached showing this.

Seems awfully coincidental having two display issues, I'm willing to bet they're linked.

Asus have arranged an RMA, which is a royal pain given that I'm due to travel next week for work! Also wanted the laptop over Christmas for some VR with my extended family. Guess that's me snookered on both counts.
    I've only been having the first issue and haven't encountered any other graphical or monitor-related issues aside from that. I suspect it may be a loose or poor connection to the monitor itself. Sometimes when it occurs I have a second monitor attached and the second one displays as normal. Again, driver and BIOS updates have not alleviated this issue for me.

ROG Member Array

With mine I've noticed two issues:
    1) Loading games such as D3 the game will partially load then freeze in game requiring a process kill and restart of the game to remedy the issue.
    2) The laptop cannot use a USB Ethernet adapter either from the one included with the rig or other ones I've got including USB-c and standard USB 3. When gaming for a bit of time the USB Ethernet adapter will disconnect from the system and disconnect me from the bnet server. My only recourse to game with this laptop is using WiFi as I can't seem to figure out how to address the USB Ethernet adapter issue. I would prefer Ethernet considering the better latency and overall performance associated with Ethernet connectivity.

Super Moderator Array

Could you please tell me your ethernet dongle's model name?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by OnePiece@ASUS View Post
    Could you please tell me your ethernet dongle's model name?
    There was a few I tried. The first was the one that came originally with the laptop. The second was a Startech usb-c us1gc30pd and the third was a startech usb 3.0 usb31000sptb. I'm not sure what model the ASUS dongle is as I can't seem to find a label. Both the ASUS and USB 3.0 startech worked until I gamed where it would randomly disconnect while I couldn't get the usb-c one to work at all. Perhaps I am missing a driver. I believe the USB C port is thunderbolt 3. I know the adapter works on my razer blade stealth without an issue.

New ROGer Array

I'm kind of sad. I really love the performance of this laptop so far.

The biggest, most destructive and detrimental trait of this laptop for me, at this very moment, is the absurdly bright LED lights at the bottom of the laptop. There was no indication before I bought it that they could not be disabled and I didn't even think to google that. It's common sense that you should be able to turn them off. Did anyone else think to research that before they bought it?

In two weeks I will be living in a 4 person room preparing to deploy where there is little to no privacy and these red lights will light up the room like Christmas. They're way too bright.

Besides smashing them apart, how can I get them to turn off?

New ROGer Array

Hey guys, how quiet is the Zephyrus? Im seeing review with dbs as low as 40, others 66+..
    I just returned a Razer Blade Pro 1060 because it was just awful, and ranked pretty similar to the gx501 on notebookcheck..
    i currently own a G751JH, but the videocard is dying and need a replacement, gx501 is my next option with a GS73VR (yes, im aware the Zephyrus is only 15").

any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mbrouillette View Post
    Hey guys, how quiet is the Zephyrus? Im seeing review with dbs as low as 40, others 66+..
    I just returned a Razer Blade Pro 1060 because it was just awful, and ranked pretty similar to the gx501 on notebookcheck..
    i currently own a G751JH, but the videocard is dying and need a replacement, gx501 is my next option with a GS73VR (yes, im aware the Zephyrus is only 15").

any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Under load I am seeing around 45-46db. Blade gets up to 52-55db under load. Also, Zephyrus fans do not whine like the Blade *

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast